- Oxford History of the French Revolution
- "France under Louis XVI"
- "Enlightened Opinion"
- "Crisis and Collapse, 1776-1788"
- "The Estates-General, September 1788-July 1789"
- "The Principles of 1789 and the Reform of France"
- "The Breakdown of Revolutionary Consensus, 1790-1791"
- "Europe and the Revolution, 1788-1791"
- "The Republican Revolution, October 1791-January 1793"
- "War Against Europe, 1792-1797"
- "The Revolt of the Provinces"
- "Government by Terror, 1793-1794"
- "Thermidor, 1794-1795"
- "Counter-Revolution, 1789-1795"
- "The Directory, 1795-1799"
- "Occupied Europe, 1794-1799"
- "An End to Revolution, 1799-1802"
- "The Revolution in Perspective"
- "Appendix I: Chronology of the French Revolution"
- "Appendix II: The Revolutionary Calendar"
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Historiography of the French Revolution — The French Revolution stretches back over two hundred years prior to the event itself. Issues of causation became a contested issue in academic circles from the 1960s onwards in particular, and new research and interpretation continues to inform… … Wikipedia
French Revolution — The French Revolution (1789–1799) was a period of political and social upheaval in the history of France, during which the French governmental structure, previously an absolute monarchy with feudal privileges for the aristocracy and Catholic… … Wikipedia
French Revolution — Fr. Hist. the revolution that began in 1789, overthrew the absolute monarchy of the Bourbons and the system of aristocratic privileges, and ended with Napoleon s overthrow of the Directory and seizure of power in 1799. * * * Movement that shook… … Universalium
French Revolution — • A view of its effect on the Church Catholic Encyclopedia. Kevin Knight. 2006. French Revolution French Revolution † … Catholic encyclopedia
History of the world — The history of the world [Williams, H. S. (1904). The historians history of the world; a comprehensive narrative of the rise and development of nations as recorded by over two thousand of the great writers of all ages. New York: The Outlook… … Wikipedia
History of the Roman Catholic Church — The History of the Catholic Church from apostolic times covers a period of nearly 2,000 years, [August Franzen, Kleine Kirchengeschichte Neubearbeitung, Herder,Freiburg,1988, p.11] making it the world s oldest and largest institution. It dates… … Wikipedia
History of the Netherlands — This article is part of a series Early History … Wikipedia
History of the British Army — The history of the British Army spans over three and a half centuries and numerous European wars, colonial wars and world wars. From the early 19th century until 1914, the United Kingdom was the greatest economic and Imperial Power in the world,… … Wikipedia
History of the Caribbean — The history of the Caribbean reveals the significant role the region played in the colonial struggles of the European powers since the fifteenth century. In the twentieth century the Caribbean was again important during World War II, in the… … Wikipedia
History of the Eastern Orthodox Church — The Eastern Orthodox Churches trace their roots back to the Apostles and Jesus Christ. Eastern Orthodoxy reached its golden age during the high point of the Byzantine Empire, and then continued to flourish in Russia after the Fall of… … Wikipedia