- Over the Edge Vol. 7: Time Zones Exchange Project
Over the Edge Vol. 7: Time Zones Exchange Project Compilation album (Edited Radio Show) by Negativland Released 1994 Recorded 1989-1992 Genre Experimental Length 140:57 Label Seeland Producer Negativland Negativland chronology Over The Edge Vol. 6
Over The Edge Vol. 7
Over The Edge Vol. 8
The Time Zones Exchange Project distills selections from Negativland's radio program Over the Edge, broadcast on KPFA. This CD was edited together from several different broadcasts recorded between 1989 and 1992.
Unlike previous volumes of the Over The Edge series, this two disc set presents a rambling documentary with a pseudo-plot to uncover information about the elusive Trillionaire C.E. Friday, a character that recurs throughout various forms of Negativland Media, and also covers many theories about Howland Island. Disc 1 contains a mock radio show - The Piddle Diddle Report - from a station called ABS, which closely parodies the Art Bell show. Disc 2 is presented as a Universal Media Netweb simulcast, in conjunction with Radio Moscow, to teach the people of Russia the basics of a Free Market economy. Throughout this disc are commercials for Mertz, a Decision-Enhancing Mental Supplement, and a series of recordings from a real botched attempt to do a similar simulcast in the mid 1980's. This album was released in 1993 on Negativland's Seeland label.
PART ONE: TIME ZONES EXCHANGE PROJECT 68:47'
- Executive Window, Memo to Friday, Memo from the Future, Dickie Diamond and the Media Shifter – 11:38
- The Piddle Diddle Report: Sandamanians, Transinfiltration, Nothing is Too Wonderful to be True – 8:12
- The Piddle Diddle Report: Human Values, Where is Friday?, A Call from Howland Island and the President – 6:41
- The Piddle Diddle Report: Strike It Rich, This Fabled Island, Cary Grant Tapes a Ghost – 18:32
- The Piddle Diddle Report: After the Rain, Let's Take a Few Calls, Photos of Mrs. Gorbachev, Computercoup, Atom Spy – 8:46
- The Piddle Diddle Report: Sergio Caracus, Frankenstein Meets Cyclops, What Was On The Island?, Who Was On The Island?, Agoraphobia – 7:27
- The Piddle Diddle Report: A Future Confronting the Past which is Our Future, Last Call from Howland Island, Eaten by a Black Hole, Returned to your Rightful Channel – 7:31
PART TWO: TESTWAVE 72:10'
- A Unique Cultural Simulcast, Cubulax Guidelines, Dickie Diamond Grabs the Gusto, Russian National Anthem, Take Me Out to the Ball Game – 8:13
- Americo-Soviet Free Market Osmosis, Mertz, Intercontinental Phone Mess – 7:29
- Russian Factoids, Natural Woman, Toilet Paper – 4:48
- Ads and Smiles, Hey You-Buy This!, Innovation, Shilling for Attention – 8:08
- Mertz, A Force of Nature, Hard and Soft Thinking, The Good Life, Cars – 6:59
- One Bar of Soap, Rubles, Mertz, It's As If We Never Left Home, Negativ Thoughts, Nuts-Oh Nuts!, You Will Be Rearranged – 9:47
- Passage To The 9th Dimension, Memo to Howland, Calling Radio Moscow – 5:19
- A Presidential Campaign Shortwave Broadcast by C. Eliot Friday – 2:40
- The Piddle Diddle Report: What's to Come, The Quantum Edge, Fiber Optics, Experimental Sharpness – 9:15
- A Place in Time To Put Time In Its Place, Do You Have a Job?, Das Vedanya, Mertz, Credits, So What Was I Looking For? – 9:32
Negativland Mark Hosler | Don Joyce | David Wills | Jonathan Land | Richard "Pastor Dick" Lyons | Peter Conheim | Chris Grigg | Ian Allen Albums Live albums and DVDs EPs Over the Edge
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Over the Edge (radio) — Over the Edge (or, OTE) is a sound collage radio program hosted and produced in the United States by Don Joyce. Joyce is also a member of the pioneering sound collage band Negativland, members of which frequently make guest appearances on Over… … Wikipedia
The Northern Electric and Manufacturing Company — Nortel Logo de Nortel Networks Corporation Création 1895 à Montréal … Wikipédia en Français
HISTORICAL SURVEY: THE STATE AND ITS ANTECEDENTS (1880–2006) — Introduction It took the new Jewish nation about 70 years to emerge as the State of Israel. The immediate stimulus that initiated the modern return to Zion was the disappointment, in the last quarter of the 19th century, of the expectation that… … Encyclopedia of Judaism
Economy of the People's Republic of China — Economies of Special Administrative Regions of Hong Kong and Macau are administered separately from the rest of People s Republic of China. Therefore, the information below pertains only to mainland China unless specified otherwise. For the… … Wikipedia
Science and technology in the People's Republic of China — has been growing rapidly. As China develops and becomes more connected to the global economy, the government has placed a stronger emphasis on science and technology as an integral part of the socio economic development of the country. This has… … Wikipedia
Indigenous peoples of the Americas — Red Indian redirects here. For the native inhabitants of the island of Newfoundland known for using red ochre, see Beothuk. Indigenous peoples of the Americas … Wikipedia
Negativland — This article is about the band. For the album, see Negativland (album). For the Neu! song, see Neu! (album). Negativland Background information Origin … Wikipedia
Negativland — ist eine kalifornische Rock Band, die mit Collage und Samplingtechniken arbeitet. Die Band entstand in den späten 1970er Jahren, und benannte sich nach einem Song der deutschen Krautrock Band Neu! Inhaltsverzeichnis 1 Übersicht 2 Diskografie 2.1… … Deutsch Wikipedia
North America — North American. the northern continent of the Western Hemisphere, extending from Central America to the Arctic Ocean. Highest point, Mt. McKinley, 20,300 ft. (6187 m); lowest, Death Valley, 276 ft. (84 m) below sea level. 400,000,000 including… … Universalium
Portugal — /pawr cheuh geuhl, pohr /; Port. /pawrdd too gahl /, n. a republic in SW Europe, on the Iberian Peninsula, W of Spain. (Including the Azores and the Madeira Islands) 9,867,654; 35,414 sq. mi. (91,720 sq. km). Cap.: Lisbon. * * * Portugal… … Universalium