- Outlaws (1985 video game)
Outlaws Developer(s) Ultimate Play The Game Publisher(s) Ultimate Play The Game Platform(s) Commodore 64 Release date(s) Christmas 1985 Genre(s) Shooter game Mode(s) Single player Rating(s) N/A Media/distribution tape
Outlaws is a video game for the Commodore 64 developed and released by Ultimate Play The Game in 1985. In a break from earlier arcade adventure titles such as The Staff of Karnath and Entombed, Outlaws is a straightforward shooter game and does not feature the aristocrat adventurer, Sir Arthur Pendragon. Outlaws was released on the Commodore 64 at the same time as another wild west-themed title, Gunfright, for the ZX Spectrum.
Typically for an Ultimate release, players are given a tantalising and cryptic introduction :
- Many years ago, rode a band of men. They came from the East of the desert and with them they brought terror and destruction. Nobody was safe from the perils of a merciless death, no family was complete, no man was free.
- They were the OUTLAWS.
- Driven only by murderous ambition and selfish greed they scoured the land, leaving behind them a trail of death and pillage. Town after town they plundered, with no man left who could stop them and no man left alive who dare try. The townsfolk lived at their mercy and prayed that the evil band of men's dark shadow of doom would not pass over their valley. Frightened though they were, they still found hope, and they prayed that one day someone would come and deliver them from the OUTLAWS' evil tyranny.
The Lone Rider
- Many months of hell passed and then one night out of a clear moonlit sky, arose a fiery storm and through this storm rode a man, a stranger with vengeance in his eyes. He had no name and no past, he had been sent to avenge them, for he was the LONE RIDER.
- ^ Outlaws / Dragon Skulle pre-release promotional brochure, published by Ultimate Play The Game in late 1985. Available to view at World of Spectrum: 
Ultimate Play The Game 1983 1984 1985 1986 1987 Other games Platforms See also
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Nightshade (1985 video game) — Nightshade (video game) redirects here. For the Nintendo Entertainment System game, see Nightshade (1991 video game). For the PlayStation 2 game, see Nightshade (2003 video game). Nightshade Developer(s) Tim and Chris Stamper … Wikipedia
Cookie (video game) — Cookie Cover art Developer(s) Tim and Chris Stamper Publisher(s) … Wikipedia
Outlaws — or The Outlaws may refer to: Outlaw, a person living outside the law Contents 1 Music 2 Sports 2.1 Ireland … Wikipedia
Outlaws (C64 game) — Infobox VG| title = Outlaws developer = Ultimate Play The Game publisher = Ultimate Play The Game designer = engine = released = Christmas 1985 [ Outlaws / Dragon Skulle pre release promotional brochure, published by Ultimate Play The Game in… … Wikipedia
Outlaws — Cette page d’homonymie répertorie les différents sujets et articles partageant un même nom. Sommaire 1 Cinéma et télévision 2 Jeu vidéo … Wikipédia en Français
Arizona Outlaws — Oklahoma Arizona Outlaws Founded 1984 Folded 1986 Based in Tulsa, Oklahoma (1984) Tempe, Arizona (1985) United States … Wikipedia
Ultimate Play the Game — Infobox Company company name = Ultimate Play The Game company company type = Video game developer (inactive) foundation = 1982 location = flagicon|UK Ashby de la Zouch, Leicestershire, United Kingdom key people = Tim Stamper (graphics director)… … Wikipedia
Rifts (role-playing game) — Rifts Cover of Rifts Ultimate Edition: a Splugorth emerges from a rift behind a ley line walker. Designer(s) Kevin Siembieda Publisher(s) Palladium Books … Wikipedia
Ultimate: Play The Game — Rare (entreprise) Pour les articles homonymes, voir Rare. Logo de Rare Limited … Wikipédia en Français
Ultimate: Play the Game — Rare (entreprise) Pour les articles homonymes, voir Rare. Logo de Rare Limited … Wikipédia en Français