- Organization of Petroleum Importing Countries
The Organization of Petroleum Importing Countries was a cartel (or a proposal for a cartel) of countries that primarily consume petroleum, to counter the influence of OPEC, the Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries.
There were also calls in the early 21st century for an organization fulfilling such a role. It was argued that it was in the interests of developing countries and that it wouls also act to the benefit of developed countries.
- ^ Rosemary H. T. O'Kane "A Probabilistic Approach to the Causes of Coups d'Etat", British Journal of Political Science, Vol. 11, No. 3 (Jul., 1981), pp. 287-308 Jstor
- ^ "Energy and the Balance of Payments", by Charles F. Stewart Proceedings of the Academy of Political Science" Vol. 31, No. 2, The National Energy Problem (Dec., 1973), pp. 137-147 JSTOR
- ^ Paul Hallwood and Stuart Sinclair, "OPEC'S Developing Relationships with the Third World" International Affairs, Vol. 58, No. 2 (Spring, 1982), pp. 271-286 Jstor
- ^ Fueling Asia’s growth: Collaboration in energy security by Deloitte's Global Energy & Resources Group and Deloitte’s China Practice [www.deloitte.com/dtt/cda/doc/content/E&R-eng_sec.pdf Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu report], 2007
- ^ http://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=439680
- ^ http://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=1306919
- ^ http://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=1262716e
- ^ Jayanta Sen, "Buyers' Cartel for Oil? Feasible and a Free Lunch Worth $5 Trillion to $50 Trillion for the US!" SSRN Working Papers Series
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Petroleum — For other uses, see Petroleum (disambiguation). Proven world oil reserves, 2009 … Wikipedia
Petroleum in Nigeria — The extraction and drilling of petroleum in Nigeria is the largest industry and main generator of GDP in the West African nation which is also the continent s most populous. Since the British discovered oil in the Niger Delta in the late 1950s,… … Wikipedia
OPEC — Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries … Wikipedia
Business and Industry Review — ▪ 1999 Introduction Overview Annual Average Rates of Growth of Manufacturing Output, 1980 97, Table Pattern of Output, 1994 97, Table Index Numbers of Production, Employment, and Productivity in Manufacturing Industries, Table (For Annual… … Universalium
Economic Affairs — ▪ 2006 Introduction In 2005 rising U.S. deficits, tight monetary policies, and higher oil prices triggered by hurricane damage in the Gulf of Mexico were moderating influences on the world economy and on U.S. stock markets, but some other… … Universalium
commodity trade — ▪ economics Introduction the international trade in primary goods. Such goods are raw or partly refined materials whose value mainly reflects the costs of finding, gathering, or harvesting them; they are traded for processing or… … Universalium
international relations — a branch of political science dealing with the relations between nations. [1970 75] * * * Study of the relations of states with each other and with international organizations and certain subnational entities (e.g., bureaucracies and political… … Universalium
Asia — /ay zheuh, ay sheuh/, n. a continent bounded by Europe and the Arctic, Pacific, and Indian oceans. 2,896,700,000; ab. 16,000,000 sq. mi. (41,440,000 sq. km). * * * I Largest continent on Earth. It is bounded by the Arctic Ocean, the Pacific Ocean … Universalium
OPEC — /oh pek/, n. an organization founded in 1960 of nations that export large amounts of petroleum: formed to establish oil exporting policies and set prices. [O(rganization of) P(etroleum) E(xporting) C(ountries)] * * * in full Organization of… … Universalium
Economy of Nigeria — Currency Nigerian naira (N) (NGN) Trade organisations OPEC Statistics GDP $377.6 billion (2010 est.) (PPP; 31st) … Wikipedia