OpenKBM is a systems management platform for the development of applications that solve complex problems using knowledge management techniques (the KBM in OpenKBM stands for Knowledge Based Management).
Originally conceived of and developed as a next generation replacement for Gensym's G2 real-time expert system development platform, the OpenKBM technology and its first layered product, NetCure, were acquired by Rocket Software in 2001 from Gensym Corporation. Today OpenKBM is used by Rocket and, via OEM agreements, by Rocket Software partners such as IBM and Avaya as the basis for several large scalable management software applications.
OpenKBM provides the following extensible infrastructure for applications that are based upon the platform:
- Object model for representing the systems to be managed
- Object-oriented hierarchy of monitoring information types such as events, fault, and statistics
- Data acquisition, signal processing, and event processing engines
- Forward chaining event correlation engine
- Knowledge Based Management Language (KBML) for codifying event correlation rules, and signal and event processing logic
- Frameworks for both thick client and web-based graphical user interfaces
Products that use OpenKBM
- Avaya Visualization Performance & Fault Manager (part of UCM suite)
- NetExpert Neon
- NETMG GoldenTHREAD
- Rocket NetCure Enterprise
- Rocket NetCure Audit
- Rocket NetCure Discovery
- Mainstar MXI G2 for z/OS
- http://www.rocketsoftware.com/networks/enterprise-management/openkbm/overview. Rocket OpenKBM
- http://www.pressreleasepoint.com/gensym-announces-sale-netcure-product-line-rocket-software. November 9, 2001– Gensym Announces Sale of NetCure Product Line to Rocket Software
- http://books.google.com/books?id=FxwEAAAAMBAJ&pg=PA44&lpg=PA44&dq=rocket+gensym&source=bl&ots=GEhj41kl22&sig=etIbF55VYSjsKyqV-oUy8cUfvdU&hl=en&ei=m-BbTfi_D4T58Abv_8SADg&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=10&ved=0CFcQ6AEwCTgK#v=onepage&q&f=false. NetworkWorld May 28, 2001
- http://support.avaya.com/css/P8/documents/100107393. Nortel announces UCM release
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
См. также в других словарях:
Comparison of network monitoring systems — This is a comparison of some notable network monitoring systems. Name IP SLA Reports Logical Grouping Trending Trend Prediction Auto Discovery Agent SNMP Syslog Plugins Triggers / Alerts WebApp Distributed Monitoring Inventory Data Storage Method … Wikipedia