- One Man, Two Guvnors
One Man, Two Guvnors is a play by Richard Bean. It opened at the National Theatre in June 2011. The play, directed by Nicholas Hytner, starred James Corden and is an English adaptation of Servant of Two Masters (Italian: Arlecchino servitore di due padroni), a 1743 Commedia del Arte comedy by the Venetian playwright Carlo Goldoni. The play replaces the period Italian setting with Brighton in 1963.
- David Benson - Gareth
- Oliver Chris - Stanley Stubbers
- James Corden - Francis Henshall
- Tom Edden - Alfie
- Martyn Ellis - Doctor
- Trevor Laird - Lloyd Boateng
- Claire Lams - Pauline Clench
- Fred Ridgeway - Charlie Clench
- Daniel Rigby - Alan Dingle
- Jemima Rooper - Rachel Crabbe
- Suzie Toase - Dolly
Following its run in London, One Man, Two Guvnors went on tour to the following theatres:
- 27 - 31 September: Aylesbury Waterside Theatre
- 4 – 8 October: Theatre Royal, Plymouth
- 11 – 15 October: The Lowry, Salford
- 18 – 22 October: New Alexandra Theatre, Birmingham
- 25 – 29 October: King’s Theatre, Edinburgh
On opening, One Man, Two Guvnors received widespread critical acclaim. The Guardian gave it 5 stars, saying that it was ‘A triumph of visual and verbal comedy. One of the funniest productions in the National's history.'. The Daily Telegraph described it as 'the feelgood hit of the Summer', The Independent as a 'massive hit' and London's Evening Standard as 'a surefire hit'. Blogging site Everything Theatre described it as 'one of the most side-splittingly hilarious productions ever to be staged in London'.
- ^ "One Man, Two Guvnors - Productions". National Theatre. http://www.nationaltheatre.org.uk/?lid=64476. Retrieved 2011-06-10.
- ^ "One Man, Two Guvnors - Productions". The Telegraph. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/theatre/theatre-reviews/8536319/One-Man-Two-Guvnors-National-Theatre-review.html. Retrieved 2011-06-19.
- ^ http://www.whatsonstage.com/news/theatre/london/E8831310462252/ Corden's Two Guvnors Transfers to Adephi, 21 Nov]]
- ^ Broadcast information. "One Man, Two Guvnors". http://www.nationaltheatre.org.uk/66256/productions/one-man-two-guvnors.html. Retrieved 18 August 2011.
This article on a 2010s play is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.