- OneSavings Bank
OneSavings Bank Plc trading as Kent Reliance Banking Services Type Public Limited Company Industry Financial services Founded 2011 Headquarters United Kingdom Parent Kent Reliance Provident Society (59.9% share) Website http://www.krbs.com
The business of Kent Reliance Building Society was transferred to the new entity, OneSavings Plc, on 1 February 2011 and OneSavings Plc was immediately renamed OneSavings Bank Plc. The transfer was approved by the members of the society in November 2010 . Kent Reliance Building Society, in common with other British financial institutions, struggled following the financial crisis and decided to seek new capital to enable it to continue lending. The deal is the first of its kind in the British financial mutual sector. The transfer of assets was approved by 75.8% of investing members voting in favour of the transfer, compared to 75% required to approve the deal . OneSavings Bank currently offer Savings Accounts, Mortgages, ISAs, and a limited Insurance range under the KRBS Brand..
59.9% of the shares in OneSavings are owned by the Kent Reliance Provident Society and 40.1% are owned by JC Flowers.. Following the transfer of business in February 2011, the Kent Reliance Building Society was dissolved and its members became members of Kent Reliance Provident Society.
- ^ "krbs.com: About Us". http://www.krbs.com/about.
- ^ "1". http://www.krbs.com/pdfs/RNS_Announcement_19_November_2010.pdf.
- ^ "2". http://www.ftadviser.com/FinancialAdviser/Mortgages/Lenders/News/article/20101125/0c10b1b6-f621-11df-a28b-00144f2af8e8/Kent-Reliance-to-transfer-funds-to-OneSavings.jsp.
- ^ "4". http://www.mortgageintroducer.com/mortgages/239027/5/Industry_in_depth/Transfer_of__Kent_Reliance_to_OneSavings_Plc.htm.
- ^ "KRBS Product Range". http://www.krbs.com/products.
- ^ "Kent Business on KRBS Transfer". http://www.kentonline.co.uk/kent_business/home/2010/december/24/last_chance_to_thwart_bank_bid.aspx.
Commercial and retail banks in the United Kingdom Allied Irish Banks Bank of Ireland GroupBank of Ireland · Bristol & West BarclaysBarclays Bank · Barclays Wealth The Co-operative Group Grupo SantanderCahoot · Cater Allen · Santander UK HSBC Holdings Lloyds Banking Group1 National Australia Bank Royal Bank of Scotland Group3 Wholly state-owned OtherAirdrie Savings Bank · Anglo Irish Bank · Arbuthnot Latham & Co · Butterfield Bank · C. Hoare & Co · Close Brothers Group · Duncan Lawrie · Egg · GE Money · Handelsbanken · Harrods Bank · ICICI Bank UK · Islamic Bank of Britain · Julian Hodge Bank · Kingdom Bank · Kleinwort Benson · Metro Bank · Northern Bank · OneSavings Bank · Raphaels Bank · Reliance Bank · N M Rothschild & Sons · Standard Chartered · Tesco Bank · Triodos Bank · Virgin Money (Church House Trust) This United Kingdom bank or insurance-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.