The names Ommanney and Ommaney are English, and may refer to one of the following:
People with the surname
- Catherine "Cat" Ommanney, a castmember of The Real Housewives of Washington, D.C.
- Charles Ommanney (fl. 2010), a prize-winning photojournalist for Newsweek
- Erasmus Ommanney (1814–1904), aka Admiral Sir Erasmus Ommanney, a Royal Navy officer and Arctic explorer
- F.D. Ommanney (born 1903), author of books on travel and nature (eg Life Nature Library's The Fishes)
- George Campbell Ommanney (died 1936), author of Ommanney of Sheffield and longtime third vicar at St Matthew's Church, Sheffield, England
- Henry Mortlock Ommanney (1816–1880), discoverer, surveyor and namesake of Mortlock River, Western Australia
- Henry Ommaney (1805–1829), an English cricketer
- John Ommanney (1773–1855), aka Admiral Sir John Acworth Ommanney, a Royal Navy officer and Commander-in-Chief, Plymouth.
- Richard Ommanney (born March 14, 1948), an English screenwriter known for the 1980s BBC sitcom Three Up, Two Down
People with the given name
- George Willes (1823–1901), aka Admiral Sir George Ommanney Willes, a Royal Navy officer and Commander-in-Chief, Portsmouth.
- John Ommanney Hopkins (1834–1916), aka Admiral Sir John Ommanney Hopkins, a Royal Navy officer and Commander-in-Chief, Mediterranean Fleet.
- Mount Ommaney, Queensland, an outer suburb of Brisbane, Australia
- Ommanney Bay, an Arctic waterway in Qikiqtaaluk Region, Nunavut, Canada
- Ommanney Island aka Ostrov Ommani, a small island near Jackson Island, Franz Josef Land, Russia
USS Ommaney Bay (CVE-79), a Casablanca-class escort carrier of the United States Navy
This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same personal name. If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article. This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Ommanney — (spr. Ommänni), John Acworth, war bereits 1780 in der britischen Marine, wurde. 1793 Lieutenant u. begleitete Macartney auf seiner Gesandtschaftsreise nach China. 1796 Commander geworden, wohnte er 1799 der Expedition nach dem Helder bei u. nahm… … Pierer's Universal-Lexikon
Ommanney — This very interesting and unusual name is recorded heraldically in Riestapps Amourial General for the Continent as English , suggesting that a family of the name were also found in France circa 1680! The origin is further confused by the… … Surnames reference
Ommanney Bay — Location Parry Channel Coordinates … Wikipedia
Ommanney Glacier — (71°32′S 169°29′E / 71.533°S 169.483°E / 71.533; 169.483) is a valley glacier, 20 nautical miles (37 km) long, meandering northward in the Admiralty Mounta … Wikipedia
Ommanney Bay — Sp Òmanio įlanka Ap Ommanney Bay L Maklintoko sąs. prie Velso Princo s., Kanada (Nunavutas) … Pasaulio vietovardžiai. Internetinė duomenų bazė
Erasmus Ommanney — Sir Erasmus Ommanney (né le 22 mai 1814 et mort le 21 décembre 1904) était un amiral britannique de la Royal Navy et un explorateur de l Arctique. Liens externes (nl) Biographie d Ommanney sur pdavis.nl ( … Wikipédia en Français
The Real Housewives of D.C. — The Real Housewives of D.C. Format Reality television Starring Mary Schmidt Amons Lynda Erkiletian Stacie Turner Catherine Ommanney Michaele Salahi Country of origin United States Language(s) English … Wikipedia
Axel Heiberg Island — Infobox Islands name = Axel Heiberg image caption = Closeup of Axel Heiberg Island image size = locator map custom = native name = native name link = Inuktikut nickname = location = Northern Canada coordinates =… … Wikipedia
List of Lords Commissioners of the Admiralty — This is a list of Lords Commissioners of the Admiralty (incomplete before the Restoration, 1660). The Lords Commissioners of the Admiralty, were the members of the Board of Admiralty, which exercised the office of Lord High Admiral when it was… … Wikipedia
Jackson Island — This article is about the island in Franz Josef Land. For the Canadian island, see Jackson Island (Nunavut). Jackson Russian: Остров Джексона Location of Jackson Island in the Franz Josef Archipelago … Wikipedia