- Alentejan Portuguese
Alentejan Portuguese is a dialect of Portuguese spoken in the Portuguese region of Alentejo, and in the Spanish municipalities of Olivenza and Táliga (where exists a subdialect) which for several centuries (1297 to 1801) were part of Portugal. It is currently endangered.
- Antepositon of the article before the possessive pronoun, as in Ladino
- Transformation of the vocalic group ou, into oi. Ex: oitro (Portuguese: outro)
- Paragoge in i, in the verbs in infinitive. Ex: fazeri (Portuguese: fazer)
- Absence of diphthong ei, transforming into e. Ex: galinhero (Portuguese: galinheiro), (Spanish: gallinero)
The 2005 report of the Council of Europe's expert group on the implementation in Spain of the European Charter for Regional or Minority Languages, 2005 asked the Spanish government to furnish information about the situation of Oliventian Portuguese, and for measures for the protection and promotion of that language under the provisions of Article 7 of the Charter. However, in the report submitted by Spain in 2006, there are no references to Oliventian Portuguese.
In the 2008 report the following paragraphs were listed:48. The Expert Committee has received no information on the use of Portuguese in Extremadura, particularly in Olivenza.
49. According to information gathered during the site visit, the Portuguese language (the Oliventina) is traditionally spoken in Olivenza and Táliga since the thirteenth century. However, the information received on the current use of this language is inconclusive, but indicates that Portuguese is taught as a foreign language in the education field.50. The Expert Committee can not assess the situation of Portuguese in Extremadura, and urges the authorities to clarify this issue in the next cycle of monitoring, particularly in cooperation with the association "Além Guadiana", recently established to promote the Portuguese language.
- ^ Carta Europea de las Lenguas Minoritarias o Regionales
- ^ Aplicación de la Carta en España. Ciclo inicial de control, 21 de septiembre de 2005, pg. 13.
- ^ Segundo informe sobre la aplicación en España de la Carta Europea de las Lenguas Minoritarias o Regionales (2006)
- ^ Carta Europea de las Lenguas Regionales o Minoritarias. Aplicación de la Carta en España. Estrasburgo, 11 de diciembre de 2008; p. 9.
Portuguese dialects Africa
(Portuguese in Africa)
(Portuguese in the Americas)
(Portuguese in Asia and Oceania)
(Portuguese in Europe)
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Portuguese language — Portuguese português Pronunciation [purtuˈɣeʃ] (EP) [poʁtuˈges] (BP) [poɾtu … Wikipedia
Manuel de Brito Camacho — Minister of Public Works, Commerce and Industry In office 23 November 1910 – 24 August 1911 Prime Minister Teófilo Braga … Wikipedia
Associação Gaita-de-fole — The Associação Gaita de fole ( Bagpipe Society ) is a non profit organization, founded officially in 1994 by enthusiasts of the Portuguese folk traditions specially the related with the Galician and Transmontan bagpipes. The volunteers contribute … Wikipedia