- Old Brewery Mission
The Old Brewery Mission is a homeless shelter located in Montreal. It is the largest shelter for men in the province of Quebec, and the largest homeless shelter for women in Canada. It is also the largest private homeless shelter in Canada, and the second largest shelter overall. The Old Brewery Mission was established in 1889 and has 488 beds at its main shelter on Clark Street. It is estimated that there are 30,000 homeless people living in Montreal.
The Old Brewery Mission features five different centres:
The Webster Pavilion, located at 915 Clark Street, receives up to 308 clients a day. It provides beds, food and clothing for 77 male residents. It also serves as a temporary refuge for 192 clients a night.
59 beds at the pavilion are reserved for participants in the centre's daytime transitional programs. The transitional programs are run by trained counselors who help the shelter's clients to leave homelessness and to become self-dependent.
Patricia Mackenzie Pavilion
The Patricia Mackenzie Pavilion, located at 1301, De Maisonneuve Boulevard East, is the largest shelter for homeless women in Canada. It opened in 1998, and provides shelter for 76 women at a time, along with 38 transitional residences, 30 emergency beds and 8 beds reserved for clients of its day program. It also provides food, clothing and referrals to social and medical services.
Maison Roger Beaulieu
The Maison Roger Beaulieu, located at 6400 Clark Street, is a 42 bed residence for people ready to make the transition from homelessness back to mainstream society.
Marcelle et Jean Coutu Pavilion
Built in 2006, the Marcelle et Jean Coutu Pavilion, located at 7 Saint-Antoine Street West, provides 30 subsidized social housing units for men. Its tenants live at the pavilion for a longer period of time, pay rent, and learn about budgeting and independent living.
Maison Claude-Laramée, located at 60 De l'Eglise Street in the borough of Verdun, is a Douglas Hospital affiliated shelter, and is dedicated to preventing homelessness among people suffering from mental health problems and substance abuse. The first of its kind in Quebec, its funding and clinical psychiatric support is provided by the Douglas Hospital, and its day-to-day operations are managed by the Old Brewery Mission.
- ^ "Old Brewery Mission seeks $10 million to resolve homelessness". The Gazette (Montreal). 2009-10-01. http://www.montrealgazette.com/news/Brewery+Mission+seeks+million+resolve+homelessness/2054684/story.html. Retrieved 2009-11-04. [dead link]
- ^ a b "Mission Old Brewery". CanadaPlus.ca. http://www.canadaplus.ca/montreal/venues/mission-old-brewery. Retrieved 2009-11-05.
- ^ "Who We Are". Old Brewery Mission. http://www.oldbrewerymission.ca/home.html. Retrieved 2009-11-04.
- ^ "Old Brewery expands its mission". The Gazette (Montreal). 2006-11-01. http://www.canada.com/montrealgazette/news/story.html?id=15a49335-25b7-4eeb-ba77-29dbe760826d&k=22954. Retrieved 2009-11-04.
- ^ a b "Webster". Old Brewery Mission. http://www.oldbrewerymission.ca/webster.html. Retrieved 2009-11-04. [dead link]
- ^ a b c "Patricia Mackenzie". Old Brewery Mission. http://www.oldbrewerymission.ca/patricia.html. Retrieved 2009-11-05. [dead link]
- ^ "Maison Roger Beaulieu". Old Brewery Mission. http://www.oldbrewerymission.ca/roger.html. Retrieved 2009-11-05. [dead link]
- ^ "Marcelle et Jean Coutu Pavilion". Old Brewery Mission. http://www.oldbrewerymission.ca/marcelle.html. Retrieved 2009-11-05. [dead link]
- ^ "Maison Claude-Laramée". Old Brewery Mission. http://www.oldbrewerymission.ca/laramee.html. Retrieved 2009-11-05. [dead link]
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
См. также в других словарях:
Mission Old Brewery — 45° 30′ 25″ N 73° 33′ 28″ W / 45.507033, 73.557882 La Mission Old Brewery, f … Wikipédia en Français
The Old Brewery — was the name given to Coulthard s Brewery built in 1792 in lower central Manhattan on land that was then on the outskirts of New York City after its conversion to a tenement following the Panic of 1837. The brewery was built by Isaac Coulthard … Wikipedia
Old Christ Church Lutheran (New York City) — Old Christ Church Lutheran General information Town or city New York, New York Country United States of America Construction started 1767 … Wikipedia
Old Oaks Historic District — Church in Old Oaks Old Oaks is a Historic District that is located just east of downtown Columbus, Ohio. The neighborhood is bounded on the West by the homes on Ohio Avenue, on the East by the homes on Kimball Place, on the North by Mooberry… … Wikipedia
Meantime Brewery — Meantime s London Stout Meantime Brewery (Meantime Brewing Company) is an award winning brewery based in Greenwich, London, England. Contents 1 … Wikipedia
Alamo Mission in San Antonio — The Alamo U.S. National Register of Historic Places U.S. National Historic Landmark … Wikipedia
Four Peaks Brewery — Infobox Brewery name = Four Peaks Brewery caption = location = Tempe, Arizona USA owner = opened = 1996 production = active beers = brewbox beer|name=Kilt Lifter|style=Scottish style ale brewbox beer|name=8th Street Ale |style=bitter ale brewbox… … Wikipedia
Douglas Mental Health University Institute — Geography Location Montreal, Quebec, Canada … Wikipedia
Place-d'Armes (Montreal Metro) — Infobox Montreal Metro station= Place d Armes line=Orange Line inaugurated=14 October 1966 architect= J. Warunkiewicz depth=4.6 metres depth rank=60th deepest traffic= 4,273,490 entrances in 2002 traffic rank=16th busiest distances=356.60 metres… … Wikipedia
Homeless shelter — The Peachtree Pine shelter in Atlanta, Georgia Homeless shelters are temporary residences for homeless people which seek to protect vulnerable populations from the often devastating effects of homelessness while simultaneously reducing the… … Wikipedia