- Oceus Networks
Oceus Networks Industry 4G, Broadband Founded January 2011 Headquarters Reston, Virgina, United States
(Near Washington, District of Columbia)
Area served Commercial, Government, Military
Oceus Networks delivers open, standards-based mobile and fixed broadband network infrastructure. Oceus Networks is the approved exclusive provider of Ericsson communications technologies for certain segments of the U.S. federal government and the non-exclusive supplier to government agencies worldwide.
Origins and history
Launched in January 2011, Oceus Networks leverages Ericsson's $5 billion annual investment in research and development to meet emerging and future government and commercial communication needs. In May 2011, Oceus Networks announced the availability of Xiphos, a new fourth-generation (4G) Long Term Evolution (LTE) family of fully interoperable solutions that enable high-speed, high-capacity voice, video and data transmissions for military personnel and first responders.
At the 2011 Department of Defense Intelligence Information Systems (DoDIIS) Worldwide Conference, Oceus Networks launched Xiphos, "easily deployable broadband networks wherever traditional communication infrastructures are unavailable or compromised...no matter how advanced the required capability or how isolated the surrounding terrain." Xiphos is a scalable system, letting users deploy small systems when small teams are operating in remote environments. It can also be scaled to larger boxes that support a large number of users with higher bandwidth.
- ^ "Our History". Oceus Networks. http://www.oceusnetworks.com/about/our-history. Retrieved 2011-05-12.
- ^ Hendrix, Steve. "Former Ericsson unit establishing its own identity". Washington Post. http://www.washingtonpost.com/capital_business/former-ericsson-unit-establishing-its-own-identity/2011/03/11/ABN1mSR_story.html. Retrieved 2011-05-18.
- ^ "Oceus Networks Launches New 4G Broadband Solutions at DoDIIS 2011". PR Newswire. http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/oceus-networks-launches-new-4g-broadband-solutions-at-dodiis-2011-121078594.html. Retrieved 2011-05-12.
- ^ "Oceus Networks Launches New 4G Broadband Solutions At DoDIIS 2011". Product Announcement. The Street. 05. http://www.thestreet.com/story/11101155/1/oceus-networks-launches-new-4g-broadband-solutions-at-dodiis-2011.html. Retrieved 15 June 2011.
- ^ Costlow, Terry (02 May 2011). "Cellular technology moves toward front". News Story. Defense Systems. http://defensesystems.com/articles/2011/05/02/dodiis-xiphos-4g-lte-cellular-comm-mobile-warfighter.aspx. Retrieved 15 June 2011.
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.