- Nosson Dovid Rabinowich
- He is to be distinguished from Rabbi Natan David Rabinowitz (1814-1865) who established a Hasidic court in 19th C. Poland and Natan David Rabinowitz Mfartziwa (1866-1930) (נתן דוד רבינוביץ מפארציווא).
- M. Mielziner's Talmudic Terminology. Adapted by Rabbi Nosson Dovid Rabinowich from Moses Mielziner (1828–1903) 1987
- Translation of "The Iggeres of Rav Sherira Gaon"
- R. Natan David Rabinowitz, בִּינוּ שְׁנֹות דֹּור־וָדֹור (Binu shenot dor-va-dor, "consider the years of many generations") 1984
- ^ A leading Talmid Chacham and scholar: Ha'Rav Dr. Nosson Dovid Rabinowich , professor of Medieval Jewish History , noted author and teacher,
- ^ Saul Lieberman and the Orthodox Marc B. Shapiro - 2006 The contemporary haredi historian Nosson Dovid Rabinowich is another interesting case. In his book Binu Shenot Dor va-Dor, published with the haskamot of, among others, Rabbis Moses Feinstein, Ovadiah Yosef, Isaac Hutner and Schneur ...
- ^ How do we know this?: Midrash and the fragmentation of modern Judaism p357 Jay Michael Harris - 1995 bibliography Rabinovits, Natan David ben Yehudah Leyb. Binu Shenot Dor va-Dor. Jerusalem: Feldheim, 1984
- ^ http://lccn.loc.gov/91826638
- ^ Gil Student article Jesus in the Talmud Two Yeshus "The standard rabbinic understanding of these passages is that these passages refer to at least two different people [cf. Tosafot HaRosh, Sotah 47a sv Yeshu, Shabbat 104b sv Ben Stada; Tosafot (uncensored) Shabbat 104b sv Ben Stada; R. Abraham Zacuto, Sefer Hayuchasin 5:6, R. Natan David Rabinowitz, Binu Shenot Dor Vador, pp. 422-425]. The first lived in the first half of the first century BCE during the reign of Alexander Janneus. The second lived in the first half of the second century CE, during the time of the Roman persecution that led to Rabbi Akiva's tragic death."
- ^ Berger, D. Jewish history and Jewish memory: essays in honor of Yosef Hayim Yerushalmi p33 Yosef Hayim , Elisheva Carlebach, John M. Efron - 1998 p33 "Now, if his argument that the Jesus of the boiling excrement is not the Talmud's Jesus of Nazareth still stands, then R. Yehiel has not two Jesuses but three, two of whom came from Nazareth, and this is in fact strongly implied in the .. Whatever one thinks of the sincerity of the multiple Jesus theory, R. Yehiel found a way to neutralize some dangerous ... In the fourteenth century, Moses ha-Kohen of Tordesillas made much stronger use of the theory of the two Jesuses in defending Judaism and the Talmud against renewed attack. For Moses, the lack of identity between the Talmud's Jesus and ... ." p49 "This discussion makes it perfectly clear that Duran gave no credence to a theory of two Jesuses"
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Natan David Rabinowitz — R. Natan David Rabinowitz (1814 1865), the son of R. Yerachmiel of Przysucha, was a Polish rabbi who established a local Hasidic court. He is to be distinguished from the talmudic scholar Nosson Dovid Rabinowich (Rabinovits, Natan David ben… … Wikipedia
Shlomo Chanoch Rabinowicz — Not to be confused with Shlomo Rabinowicz, the first Radomsker Rebbe Shlomo Chanoch Rabinowicz Fourth Radomsker Rebbe Term 1910 – 1942 Full name Shlomo Chanoch Hakohen Rabinowicz Main work Shivchei Kohen … Wikipedia