- Northwestern University Master of Product Design and Development
Northwestern Master of Product Design and Development (MPD²) is an educational program within the McCormick School of Engineering at Northwestern University. The MPD² program's goal is attuned to the abilities, desires and needs of humanity. Coupling their human-centered design with the practical realities of technology and organizations, the MPD² program seeks an education that leads to innovation and profitable products. The MPD² program is directed by Walter B. Herbst, Richard M Lueptow and Greg Holderfield.
Ford Motor Company Engineering Design Center General information Location 2133 Sheridan Road Completed 2005
Northwestern University's Master of Product Design and Development (MPD²) product grew out of the demand for a master's program that was 1 part business, and equal parts product development and design.
The MPD² Program is a 2 year program offered at Northwestern University. During the first year, student learn the basic framework for PD&D leaders, management essentials and how to manage the PD&D process. The second year students refine the process of PD&D, learn product development essentials and market integration. Classes are led by prominent practitioners and distinguished scholars. Their expertise in user research, strategy and new product development provide students with a well-rounded educational experience.
Founder of Herbst LaZar Bell, Inc., Walter B Herbst had over 40 years of PD&D experience before starting the MPD² program in 2002. Herbst holds over 85 patents in hardware, housewares and medical products  . Walter Herbst is mentioned in "Who's Who of American Inventors" by BusinessWeek.
Richard Lueptow's background is in biomedical product development.
Greg Holderfield's background is in design. He is the recipient of four “Industrial Design Excellence Awards” (IDEA) presented jointly by BusinessWeek and the Industrial Design Society of America (IDSA), including the "Gold" for Industrial Equipment Design. Greg also holds 21 design and utility patents. His work has been exhibited in galleries across the nation and has been published in the Wall Street Journal, BusinessWeek, Forbes and Wired.
Other Prominent Faculty Members
- David Austen-Smith, PhD. Senior Associate Dean, Kellogg School of Management
- Mark Dziersk, FIDSA, Vice President Industrial Design, Brandimage
- John Boyce, Adjunct Lecturer. Senior Business Consultant, Koch Industries
- Russell J. Branaghan, PhD. Visiting Professor. Director of Human Technology, Arizona State University
- Dan Brown, Adjunct Professor. President, Logger-head Tools
- Stephen H. Carr, PhD. Associate Dean for Undergraduate Engineering.
- James G. Conley, PhD. Principal, Winnemac Consulting.
- Phillip Corse. Adjunct Associate Professor of Marketing. CEO, Connectables.
- Sudhakar D. Deshmukh, PhD. Charles E. Morrison Professor of Decision Sciences. Director MMM Program, Kellogg School of Management
- Thomas F. Gibbons, JD. Dean, School of Continuing Studies. Senior Lecturer, School of Law
- ^ http://www.kellogg.northwestern.edu/faculty/directory/herbst_walter.aspx
- ^ "Herbst LaZar Bell, Inc.". BusinessWeek. http://investing.businessweek.com/research/stocks/private/person.asp?personId=558489&privcapId=1052223&previousCapId=1052223&previousTitle=Herbst%20LaZar%20Bell,%20Inc.. Retrieved 26 September 2011.
- ^ http://www.edisonawards.com/Steering.php#holderfield
- ^ http://centerforinnovation.mayo.edu/transform/2011/speakers.html
- ^ "Greg Holderfield,distinguished industrial designer, joins McCormick faculty". http://www.segal.northwestern.edu/people/2010/aug/02/greg-holderfield/. Retrieved 26 September 2011.
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
University of Oregon — Latin: Universitas Oregonensis Motto Mens agitat molem Motto in English The mind moves the masses … Wikipedia
University of Cincinnati — Motto Juncta Juvant (Latin for Strength in Unity ) Established 1819 Type Public (state university) … Wikipedia
University of California, Berkeley — Seal of the University of California, Berkeley Motto Latin: Fiat Lux Motto in English Let There Be Light … Wikipedia
Business and Industry Review — ▪ 1999 Introduction Overview Annual Average Rates of Growth of Manufacturing Output, 1980 97, Table Pattern of Output, 1994 97, Table Index Numbers of Production, Employment, and Productivity in Manufacturing Industries, Table (For Annual… … Universalium
Anthropology and Archaeology — ▪ 2009 Introduction Anthropology Among the key developments in 2008 in the field of physical anthropology was the discovery by a large interdisciplinary team of Spanish and American scientists in northern Spain of a partial mandible (lower… … Universalium
Cornell University — Cornell redirects here. For other uses, see Cornell (disambiguation). Cornell University Emblem of Cornell University Motto I would found an institution where any person can find instruction in any study … Wikipedia
Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University — Virginia Tech Virginia Tech Seal Motto Ut Prosim (Latin) Motto in English … Wikipedia
Carnegie Mellon University — Motto My heart is in the work (Andrew Carnegie) Established 1900 by Andrew Carnegie Type … Wikipedia
List of Cornell University alumni — This list of Cornell University alumni includes notable graduates, non graduate former students, and current students of Cornell University, an Ivy League university located in Ithaca, New York. Alumni are known as Cornellians. Contents 1 Nobel… … Wikipedia
List of University of Michigan alumni — There are more than 425,000 living alumni of the University of Michigan. Famous alumni include the father of the iPod, the founders of Sun Microsystems and Google, the father of information theory, the voice of Darth Vader, the first doctor… … Wikipedia