- Northern Territory Women's Division
Northern Territory Women's Division, is a cricket team representing Northern Territory of Australia. The team takes part in the Imparja Cup Cricket Australia has declared the tournament into a national competition.
There are different formats of competition the women take part in the Super 8 format, however they have never won, unlike the men's team, who won in 2002
The tournament has its origins in an annual match started in 1994 between Alice Springs and Tennant Creek by Shane and Mervyn Franey from Alice Springs and Ross Williams from Tennant Creek. By 1998 Northern Territory Cricket had became involved in organising the tournament and in 2001 Cricket Australia turned the tournament into a national competition. Imparja Television have been involved in the annual match and the national tournament since 1994.
- ^ a b "Imparja Cup 2009". Northern Territory Cricket. http://www.ntcricket.com.au/docs/IC%20Booklet%2009.pdf. Retrieved 2009-10-12.
- ^ "History of the Imparja Cup". Cricket Australia. http://cricket.com.au/default.aspx?s=imparja-cup2. Retrieved 2009-10-12.
- ^ "Imparja Cup makes historic visit". Torres News. 13 September 2008. http://www.torresnews.com.au/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=947&Itemid=1. Retrieved 2009-10-12.
- ^ Craddock, Robert (13 February 2008). "Test match statistic is a sorry state of affairs". Courier Mail. http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/story/0,23739,23208880-10389,00.html. Retrieved 2009-10-12.
- ^ Koch, Dan (28 February 2008). "Matthew Hayden turns out for indigenous". The Australian. http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,25197,25116140-2722,00.html. Retrieved 2009-10-12.
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Northern Territory Football League — Northen Territory Football League Formerly Northern Territory Football Association (NTFA) Northern Territory Football League (NTFL) Sport Australian rules football Inaugural season 1916, Darwin, Northern Territory No. of teams 8 Country(ies) … Wikipedia
Northern Territory Rugby League — Founded 1950 Formerly named Northern Territory Rugby Football League Association Responsibility … Wikipedia
Northern Territory National Emergency Response — Alcohol and Pornography Ban Warning sign … Wikipedia
Northern Territory Rugby Union — The Northern Territory Rugby Union is responsible for rugby union in the Australian region of the Northern Territory, and is part of the Australian Rugby Union. External links Official site Rugby in NT … Wikipedia
Portal:Northern Territory — Wikipedia portals: Culture Geography Health History Mathematics Natural sciences People Philosophy Religion Society Technology The NORTHERN TERRITORY PORTAL … Wikipedia
Mutitjulu, Northern Territory — Mutitjulu Northern Territory … Wikipedia
Driver, Northern Territory — Driver Darwin, Northern Territory Population: 2,952 (2006) Established: 1990 s … Wikipedia
Milikapiti, Northern Territory — Milikapiti is a village on the northern coast of Melville Island, Northern Territory, Australia. It is 105 kilometres (65 mi) by air from Darwin. Tiwi Travel fly twice daily to and from Darwin servicing Milikapiti. The flight takes… … Wikipedia
Women's Australian rules football — [ Melbourne University player executes a strong and legal bump on a Darebin Falcons player as both contest possession of a grounded ball (from the 2007 Victorian Women s Football League Grand Final). This is a well executed bump. Note that her… … Wikipedia
Northern New South Wales Football — Northern NSW Football logo Northern New South Wales Football is the governing body for football (soccer) of the northern zone of New South Wales, Australia. It is a member of the national governing body, the Football Federation of Australia.… … Wikipedia