- North Willingham
St Thomas, North Willingham
North Willingham shown within Lincolnshire
Population 127 (2001) OS grid reference District West Lindsey Shire county Lincolnshire Region East Midlands Country England Sovereign state United Kingdom Post town Market Rasen Postcode district LN8 Police Lincolnshire Fire Lincolnshire Ambulance East Midlands EU Parliament East Midlands UK Parliament Gainsborough List of places: UK • England • Lincolnshire
North Willingham is a village and civil parish located about 3.5 miles (5.6 km) south east of the town of Market Rasen, Lincolnshire, England, on the A631 road between Market Rasen and Louth. The village was mentioned in Domesday Book of 1086 when it was called "Wunlingeha" and it was recorded as having 57 households.
The parish church is dedicated to Saint Thomas the Apostle and is a grade II listed building dating from the 14th century with later additions and alterations. The interior was restored in 1896, where there is a 19th century octagonal font. Built into the west wall of the nave is the head of a 13th century grave slab, and in the chancel two freestanding crosses brought from Palestine after the First World War. St Thomas became part of "Walesby Group of Parishes" in 1979, which also comprises:
- Brookenby (St Michael and All Angels)
- Claxby by Normanby (St Mary)
- Kirmond le Mire (St Martin)
- Normanby le Wold (St Peter)
- Stainton le Vale (St Andrew)
- Tealby (All Saints)
- Walesby (St Mary)
- Walesby Old Church (All Saints)
North Willingham Church of England School was built in 1850 and closed in 1949.
Jessie Boucherett was a campaigner for women's rights. Daughter of Ayscough (sometimes Ayscoghe) Boucherett, High Sheriff of Lincolnshire, she was born at Willingham House in 1825, and died there in 1905 being buried at St Thomas church. The house was built in 1790 for the Boucherett family.
During the second world war Willingham House became Camp 256, a Prisoner of War camp. It was a German work camp, where prisoners worked as labourers in the local area. Willingham House was demolished in 1976.
- ^ "North Willingham". Domesday Map. Anna Powell-Smith/University of Hull. http://www.domesdaymap.co.uk/place/TF1688/north-willingham/. Retrieved 16 July 2011.
- ^ "St Thomas, North Willingham". National Heritage List for England. English Heritage. http://list.english-heritage.org.uk/resultsingle.aspx?uid=1064043. Retrieved 16 July 2011.
- ^ "North Willingham". Walesby Group of Parishes. Our Church Web. http://lincoln.ourchurchweb.org.uk/walesby/north-willingham/page1/. Retrieved 16 July 2011.
- ^ "North Willingham CE School". Lincs to the Past. Lincolnshire Archives. http://www.lincstothepast.com/NORTH-WILLINGHAM-CE-SCHOOL/886732.record?pt=S. Retrieved 16 July 2011.
- ^ Boucherett, Jessie (25 June 2009). "Moves to recognise local 19th century fighter for women's rights". Market Rasen Mail. http://www.marketrasenmail.co.uk/news/local/brigg/moves_to_recognise_local_19th_century_fighter_for_women_s_rights_1_1183573. Retrieved 16 July 2011.
- ^ "Willingham House, Camp 256". Pastscape. English Heritage. http://www.pastscape.org.uk/hob.aspx?hob_id=1475283&sort=4&search=all&criteria=North%20Willingham&rational=q&recordsperpage=60. Retrieved 16 July 2011.
- ^ "Willingham House, Lincolnshire". England's Lost Country Houses. Matthew Beckett. http://lh.matthewbeckett.com/lh_complete_list.html. Retrieved 16 July 2011.
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
См. также в других словарях:
Willingham By Stow — is a rural village in the county Lincolnshire, England in the district of West Lindsey.GeographyIt is located six miles away from Gainsborough and around ten miles away from the city of Lincoln on the B1241. To the north is Kexby and to the south … Wikipedia
North Kesteven School — Established 1961 Type Comprehensive foundation school Headteacher Mr Martin Connor Chair of Governors Tony Gamble Specialism Arts Location … Wikipedia
North Drove railway station — North Drove Goods shed and weighbridge office at North Drove Station Location … Wikipedia
North Kelsey railway station — was a station in North Kelsey, Lincolnshire, England. Former Services Preceding station Disused railways Following station Moortown Great Central Railwa … Wikipedia
North Forest Independent School District — Administration building North Forest Independent School District is a school district based in northeast Houston, Texas. In 2009, the school district was rated academically unacceptable by the Texas Education Agency … Wikipedia
Willingham, Cambridgeshire — Infobox UK place official name= Willingham country= England region= East of England os grid reference= TL408707 latitude= 52.32 longitude= 0.07 post town= postcode area= postcode district= dial code= shire county= Cambridgeshire population= hide… … Wikipedia
Willingham — Recorded as Willingam and Willingham, this is an English locational surname. It is locational and originates either from the twin villages of North and South Willingham near the town of Market Rasen in the county of Lincolnshire, or perhaps from… … Surnames reference
North Carolina House of Representatives election, 2002 — Elections in North Carolina Federal government Presidential elections 1964 … Wikipedia
North wind — This article is about the wind. For 1937 Argentine film, see Viento norte. Rape of Oreithyia by Boreas. Detail from an Apulian red figure oinoche, 360 BC A north wind is a wind that originates in the north and blows south. The nor … Wikipedia
North Carolina General Assembly election, 2004 — Elections in North Carolina Federal government Presidential elections 1964 … Wikipedia