- Power Rangers Ninja Storm
Power Rangers Ninja Storm Format Action/Adventure
Written by Douglas Sloan
Directed by Koichi Sakamoto
Starring Pua Magasiva
Jorgito Vargas Jr.
Voices of Peter Rowley
Theme music composer Jeremy Sweet Composer(s) Frank Strangio
Country of origin United States No. of episodes 38 (List of episodes) Production Executive producer(s) Douglas Sloan
Producer(s) Janine Dickins
Editor(s) Eric De Beus
Location(s) New Zealand Cinematography Simon Riera Camera setup Rob Marsh
Running time 22 minutes Production company(s) BVS Entertainment Broadcast Original channel ABC (ABC Kids)
ABC Family (Action Block) (reruns)
Picture format 480i (SDTV) Original run February 15 – November 15, 2003 Chronology Preceded by Power Rangers Wild Force Followed by Power Rangers Dino Thunder
Power Rangers Ninja Storm (often abbreviated as PRNS and often simply called Ninja Storm) is an incarnation of the Power Rangers franchise, based on the Super Sentai series Ninpuu Sentai Hurricaneger. This is the first season to be filmed in New Zealand and also the second season to be under the BVS copyright. This series is unique in the fact that it was the first to feature only one female Ranger serving on the team (although the 10-episode mini-series Alien Rangers featured only one female Ranger), the first season where the Blue Ranger was female, the first season where the Yellow Ranger was male, and the first season to begin the series with three Rangers instead of five like the previous seasons. This was the first series to air on the American Broadcasting Company in its entirety. This season did not have a Power Rangers team up episode like the five before it due to a shift back to non-SAG talent when production was moved to New Zealand from Los Angeles.
Shane, Tori and Dustin are three students at the Wind Ninja Academy. Their less than stellar performance gets them the occasional lecture from their Sensei. One day, the academy was attacked by Lothor, a banished ninja master who has returned to capture all ninja students. Shane, Tori and Dustin are the only three remaining students, and along with Sensei and his son Cam, retreat into the underground Ninja Ops. There, the three are given morphers, which allow them to transform into Wind Rangers and protect the city of Blue Bay Harbor from Lothor's forces. When Lothor demonstrated his ability to make his monsters grow into giants, the Rangers unleashed the Ninja Zords, which could combine into the Storm Megazord and destroy monsters with its arsenal of Power Spheres. Lothor again raised the stakes by sending his new allies to battle the Wind Rangers - the Thunder Rangers Blake and Hunter, who had their own Thunder Zords. The Thunder Rangers were on a mission to destroy the Wind Rangers' Sensei, who they believed to be responsible for their parent's death, but a visit from the afterlife from Blake and Hunter's parents showed them the truth - that it was Lothor who killed them. The Thunder Rangers saw the error of their ways and joined the Wind Rangers in the battle against Lothor, bringing the Thunder and Ninja Zords together to form the Thunderstorm Megazord.
When the Rangers lost their powers, Cam used the Scroll of Time to travel into the past and retrieve the Samurai Amulet, a family heirloom in the possession of his mother. Cam travelled back to present day and used the amulet to become the Green Samurai Ranger, armed with the Samurai Star. A lost scroll would later reveal to Cam the Lightning Riff Blaster, which could summon the Mighty Mammoth Zord.
Lothor attempted to open the Abyss of Evil and release its evil into the world. In a final battle, he stole all of the Rangers' powers, but was defeated by their ninja skills and thrown into abyss. The powerless Rangers resumed their normals lives, free from the menace of Lothor and his army.
- Shane Clarke
- One of the three main characters and the Red Wind Ranger; a skateboarder, one of the three Wind Ninja students to survive Lothor's attack. He wields the power of air. The leader of the team.Shane was given a battlelizer by Skyla,an alien who upon dying gave her energy to him. He was portrayed by Pua Magasiva.
- Tori Hanson
- One of the three main characters and the Blue Wind Ranger; a surfer, she was one of the three Wind Ninja students of her class to survive Lothor's attack. She currently wields the power of water. She was portrayed by Sally Martin. She is the first female Blue Ranger.
- Dustin Brooks
- One of the three main characters and the Yellow Wind Ranger; a motocross biker, he was one of the three Wind Ninja students of his class to survive Lothor's attack. He wields the power of earth. He was portrayed by Glenn McMillan. His real name is apparently Waldo. He is the first human male Yellow Ranger (the Alien Rangers' Yellow Ranger was also male); prior to PRNS, earlier footage of super sentai shows featuring male Yellow Rangers was ascribed to their female Power Ranger counterparts.
- Hunter Bradley
- The Crimson Thunder Ranger; a motocross biker, he and his brother Blake were the only Thunder Ninja students to survive Lothor's attack. They were originally brainwashed by Lothor into thinking the Wind Ninjas were their enemies. He wields the power of thunder. The unofficial second-in-command. He was portrayed by Adam Tuominen.
- Blake Bradley
- The Navy Thunder Ranger; a motocross biker, he and his brother Hunter were the only Thunder Ninja students to survive Lothor's attack. They were originally brainwashed by Lothor into thinking the Wind Ninjas were their enemies. He wields the power of thunder. He was portrayed by Jorgito Vargas, Jr.
- Cameron "Cam" Watanabe
- The Green Samurai Ranger; the son of Kanoi Watanabe, head of the Wind Ninja Academy. He originally was behind the scenes of the Ninja Storm operations, until going back in time and retrieving his mother's heirloom that allowed him to morph. He wields power of the samurai. He was portrayed by Jason Chan.
- Sensei Kanoi Watanabe: the sensei of the Wind Ninja Academy, turned into a guinea pig by Lothor. At the end of the series, he is transformed back into a human (played and voiced by Grant McFarland).
- Cyber Cam: A "virtual replicant" of Cam created to monitor things at base when the real Cam is out in the field on Ranger missions. He has a widely different personality than the real Cam and acts like a rapper, wearing skull caps, speaking in urban vernacular (for example, he called Tori as 'Babelicious!'), excelling in adventure sports like skateboarding, surfing, motorbikes, etc. In short, Cyber Cam excelled in all those skills that Cam did not.
- Kelly: The owner of "Storm Chargers", the store where the Rangers hang out, while not on duty. Kelly is a good friend with the Six Rangers. (played by Megan Nicol)
- Lothor: the evil ninja master who was once Kiya Watanabe, the brother of Sensei Watanabe (also played by Grant McFarland)
- Marah and Kapri: Lothor's nieces, two idiotic troublemakers. In the final episodes, they turned out to be faking part of their idiocy and were more evil than they appeared, assisting Lothor in his grand scheme and happily attempting to wipe out Cam and Sensei. However, in the last episode Lothor tries to eliminate them, so they turn on him and assist the Rangers; at the series' end, they join the Ninja Academy. (Played by Katrina Devine and Katrina Browne respectively)
- Zurgane: the main general of Lothor's army. He is very tempted to destroy the Power Rangers and is very loyal to Lothor, and he has his own arsenal of Zords. He was destroyed by Vexacus. (Voiced by Peter Rowley)
- Choobo: the lieutenant, promoted general. (Voiced by Bruce Hopkins)
- Vexacus: a sharke-like renegade bounty hunter. He was the arch-rival of Lothor. Lothor asked him to join him, but he had other plans for himself and goes behind Lothor's back. He also destroyed Zurgane and Motodrone. (Voiced by Michael Hurst)
- Motodrone: Once fused with a human named Perry, Motodrone was rebuilt and reprogrammed under Lothor's command. He was later destroyed by Vexacus. (Voiced by Craig Parker)
- Shimazu: the incarnation of a Japanese legend who was brought to life by Marah and Kapri and later joins Lothor's army, though he was destroyed by his creators later. (Voiced by Jeremy Birchall)
- Enemy Foot Soldiers:
- Kalzaks: Lothor's foot soldiers.
- Kalzak Furies: Advanced Kalzaks created by Marah's friend Beevil.
- Wind Morphers: These wrist-mounted devices each contain a Power Disc which, upon calling out "Ninja Storm, Ranger Form!", requires a simple spin to allow the Wind Rangers to morph. The Wind Morphers can also fire laser beams.
- Thunder Morphers: Modelled after a Rhino and Stag Beetle respectively, these belong to the Thunder Rangers. The Power Discs used to power these morphers are hidden and accessed via the push of a button. The Thunder Ranger duo cry out "Thunder Storm, Ranger Form!" before morphing. (Note: The Thunder Morphers used by Hunter and Blake resemble somewhat of an altered Beetle Bonder from the show, Big Bad Beetleborgs.)
- Samurai Cyclone Morpher: When needed, the Green Samurai Ranger's morphing device materializes from the Samurai Amulet he wears around his neck, after which he calls "Samurai Storm, Ranger Form!" to access his Ranger powers.
- Battlizer Morpher: The Red Wind Ranger's Wind Morpher transforms into this device when he calls for it, which allows him to activate his Battlizer Armor. The Battlizer Armor was destroyed by Lothor in the finale.
- Ninja Sword: Standard Wind Ranger weapon. The swords are later upgraded with stronger blades to allow greater attack power.
- Laser Blaster: A rifle that the Wind Rangers can use simply by sheathing their Ninja Swords and pulling the sword's handle downward.
- Thunder Staff: The standard Thunder Ranger weapon can become the Thunder Shield or Tornado Star throwing weapon, as well as extend to a full-length staff.
- Thunderstorm Cannon: The combination of the Wind Rangers' Storm Striker and the Thunder Rangers' Thunder Blaster. According to Super Sentai continuity, the Thunderstorm Cannon can Combine with the Z-Rex Blaster (from Power Rangers Dino Thunder). This combination would more than likely be called the Z-Rex Thunderstorm.
- Storm Striker: A cannon formed by combining the Wind Rangers' weapons. Its finishing attack varies depending on which of the three weapons was placed in front.
- Hawk Blaster: Red Wind Ranger's personal weapon. When the trigger is pressed, a powerful turbine revs up to allow powerful shots.
- Sonic Fin: Blue Wind Ranger's personal weapon, able to use sound waves to lift the enemy off their feet, or make them cringe in pain.
- Lion Hammer: Yellow Wind Ranger's personal weapon, capable of causing tremors when it strikes the ground.
- Thunder Blaster: Blaster formed by combining the Navy Antler and Crimson Blaster.
- Crimson Blaster: Crimson Thunder Ranger's rapid-fire blaster.
- Navy Antler: Navy Thunder Ranger's personal weapon can electrify targets upon catching them, and can also be attached to a Thunder Staff.
- Storm Striker: A cannon formed by combining the Wind Rangers' weapons. Its finishing attack varies depending on which of the three weapons was placed in front.
- Samurai Saber: The Green Samurai Ranger's weapon can amplify his voice as well as remotely access Ninja Ops.
- Lightning Riff Blaster: Guitar-based weapon that summons the Mighty Mammoth Zord. Initially used by the Green Samurai Ranger and later by other Rangers.
- Thunder Blade: A special weapon given to Blake by his Thunder Academy Sensei. He spent time training with it under the guidance of a Thunder Academy graduate before revealing it in battle.
- Ninja Gliders: Aerial transports for the Wind Rangers, summoned by pressing their belt buckles.
- Ninja Glider Cycle: The Crimson Thunder Ranger's personal transport is the result of his powers being imprinted into a motorcycle, which appears to be a combination of his Tsunami Cycle and Ninja Glider.
- Tsunami Cycles: Sleek motorcycles initially used by the Wind Rangers. The Thunder Rangers eventually receive their own Tsunami Cycles as well, created from stolen blueprints.
- Dragonforce Vehicle: The Green Ranger's personal transport is powered by the Gem of Lost Souls. It can switch between a flame-spewing Serpent Mode or a compact mode armed with powerful drills.
- Mobile Command Center: An 18-Wheeler truck that houses the Tsunami Cycles.
**The term "Hurricane Morpher" was used in the show once in the first episode where the Battlizer was first used, and was never called that again, it was simply referred to as the Battlizer in the series. The "Hurricane Morpher" was known as The "Lightning Morpher" which was the name given to the toy released by Bandai in the U.S.
The Zords in Power Rangers Ninja Storm were mechanical animals piloted by the Wind and Thunder Rangers. The Samurai Star was piloted by the Green Samurai Ranger, and could transform from a helicopter mode to a Megazord Mode. The Mighty Mammothzord was found by Cam under the city and is controlled by Lightning Riff Blaster.
# Airdate Episode Title 1 2003-02-15 "Prelude to a Storm" 2 2003-02-15 "There's No 'I' In Team" 3 2003-02-22 "Beauty and the Beach" 4 2003-03-01 "Looming Thunder" 5 2003-03-08 "Thunder Strangers, Part I" 6 2003-03-15 "Thunder Strangers, Part II" 7 2003-03-22 "Thunder Strangers, Part III" 8 2003-03-29 "Nowhere to Grow" 9 2003-09-20 "Snip It, Snip It Good" 10 2003-04-12 "Return of Thunder, Part I" 11 2003-04-19 "Return of Thunder, Part II" 12 2003-04-26 "Return of Thunder, Part III" 13 2003-05-03 "Return of Thunder, Part IV" 14 2003-05-10 "Boxing Bop-a-Roo" 15 2003-05-17 "Pork Chopped" 16 2003-05-24 "The Samurai's Journey, Part I" 17 2003-05-31 "The Samurai's Journey, Part II" 18 2003-06-07 "The Samurai's Journey, Part III" 19 2003-06-14 "Scent of a Ranger" 20 2003-06-21 "I Love Lothor" 21 2003-06-28 "Good Will Hunter" 22 2003-07-05 "All About Beevil" 23 2003-07-26 "Sensei Switcheroo" 24 2003-08-02 "Tongue and Cheek" 25 2003-08-02 "Brothers In Arms" 26 2003-08-09 "Shane's Karma, Part I" 27 2003-08-09 "Shane's Karma, Part II" 28 2003-08-16 "Shimazu Returns, Part I" 29 2003-08-23 "Shimazu Returns, Part II" 30 2003-09-20 "The Wild Wipeout" 31 2003-09-27 "Double-Edged Blake" 32 2003-09-27 "Eye of the Storm" 33 2003-10-04 "General Deception, Part I" 34 2003-10-04 "General Deception, Part II" 35 2003-10-18 "A Gem of a Day" 36 2003-10-18 "Down and Dirty" 37 2003-11-15 "Storm Before the Calm, Part I" 38 2003-11-15 "Storm Before the Calm, Part II"
- ^ "Power Rangers Ninja Storm - Looming Thunder". DVD Talk. http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/7550/power-rangers-ninja-storm-looming-thunder/. Retrieved 2010-08-22.
- ^ "Power Rangers Ninja Storm - Prelude To A Storm". DVD Talk. http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/6739/power-rangers-ninja-storm-prelude-to-a-storm/. Retrieved 2010-08-22.
Power Rangers MediaTV seriesFilmsMighty Morphin Power Rangers: The Movie • Turbo: A Power Rangers MovieVideo games Characters Miscellany Related Saban series See also
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Villains in Power Rangers Ninja Storm — The fictional villains of the Power Rangers that appeared in the television series Power Rangers Ninja Storm were aliens that served the ninja master Lothor, including his nieces, Marah and Kapri. Information about Lothor s other minions can be… … Wikipedia
Power Rangers Dino Thunder — Format Action/Adventure Science fantasy Written by Douglas Sloan … Wikipedia
Power Rangers: Tormenta ninja — Saltar a navegación, búsqueda Power Rangers Ninja Storm Título original Power Rangers Ninja Storm Títulos en otras lenguas Power Rangers Tormenta Ninja (Latino América) Género Acción/Aventura … Wikipedia Español
Power Rangers DinoTrueno — Saltar a navegación, búsqueda Power Rangers Dino Thunder Título original Power Rangers Dino Thunder Títulos en otras lenguas Power Rangers Dino Trueno (Latino américa) Género Acción/Aventura … Wikipedia Español
Power Rangers : Force cyclone — Power Rangers: Force Cyclone Titre original Power Rangers: Ninja Storm Genre Action Aventure sentai Création Disney Toei Company Musique Alain Garcia Claude Vallois Pays … Wikipédia en Français
Power Rangers Furia Animal — Saltar a navegación, búsqueda Power Rangers Furia Animal Título original Power Rangers Jungle Fury Power Rangers Furia Animal (Latinoamérica) Género Acción/Aventura … Wikipedia Español
Power rangers — Cet article concerne l intégralité de la saga. Pour les trois premières saisons, voir Power Rangers (Mighty Morph n). Power Rangers Genre Science fiction, action Créateur(s) Haim Saban Production Saban Entertainment (1993 2001) Walt … Wikipédia en Français
Power Rangers: Zeo — Saltar a navegación, búsqueda Power Rangers Zeo Título original Power Rangers Zeo Títulos en otras lenguas Power Rangers zeo (Latinoamérica) Género Acción/Aventura … Wikipedia Español
Ninja Storm Power Rangers — The Ninja Storm Power Rangers are fictional characters and heroes in the Power Rangers universe, appearing as protagonists in the television series Power Rangers Ninja Storm. This generation of Power Rangers is unique in which they were… … Wikipedia
Power Rangers — Este artículo o sección necesita una revisión de ortografía y gramática. Puedes colaborar editándolo (lee aquí sugerencias para mejorar tu ortografía). Cuando se haya corregido, borra este aviso por favor … Wikipedia Español