- Night's Yawning Peal: A Ghostly Company
Night's Yawning Peal: A Ghostly Company
Jacket illustration by Robert Crane for Night's Yawning Peal
Author(s) edited by August Derleth Cover artist Robert Crane Country United States Language English Genre(s) Fantasy, Horror short stories Publisher Arkham House with Pellegrini & Cudahy Publication date 1952 Media type Print (Hardback) Pages viii, 280 pp ISBN NA
Night's Yawning Peal: A Ghostly Company is an anthology of supernatural short stories edited by August Derleth. It was released in 1952 by Arkham House with Pellegrini & Cudahy in an edition of 4,500 copies. It is the second and last book that Arkham published with Pellegrini and Cudahy.
Night's Yawning Peal: A Ghostly Company contains the following tales:
- "Mr. George" by Stephen Grendon
- "The Loved Dead" by C. M. Eddy, Jr.
- "The Sign" by Lord Dunsany
- "The La Prello Paper" by Carl Jacobi
- "The Gorge of the Churels" by H. Russell Wakefield
- "Dhoh" by Manly Wade Wellman
- "The Churchyard Yew" by J. Sheridan LeFanu
- "Technical Slip" by John Beynon Harris
- "The Man Who Collected Poe" by Robert Bloch
- "Hector" by Michael West
- "Roman Remains" by Algernon Blackwood
- "A Damsel With a Dulcimer" by Malcolm Ferguson
- "The Suppressed Edition" by Richard Curle
- "The Lonesome Place" by August Derleth
- "The Case of Charles Dexter Ward" by H. P. Lovecraft
- London: Consul, 1965 (abridged, omits The Case of Charles Dexter Ward).
- New York: New American Library, 1974 (abrdged).
- Jaffery, Sheldon (1989). The Arkham House Companion. Mercer Island, WA: Starmont House, Inc.. p. 43. ISBN 1-55742-005-X.
- Chalker, Jack L.; Mark Owings (1998). The Science-Fantasy Publishers: A Bibliographic History, 1923-1998. Westminster, MD and Baltimore: Mirage Press, Ltd.. pp. 34–35.
- Joshi, S.T. (1999). Sixty Years of Arkham House: A History and Bibliography. Sauk City, WI: Arkham House. p. 59. ISBN 0-87054-176-5.
- Nielsen, Leon (2004). Arkham House Books: A Collector's Guide. Jefferson, NC and London: McFarland & Company, Inc.. pp. 74=75. ISBN 0-7864-1785-4.
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
August Derleth — Born February 24, 1909 Died July 4, 1971 Occupation Novelist, short story writer … Wikipedia
Arkham House — est une maison d édition américaine spécialisée dans les littératures de l imaginaire (weird fiction), créée en 1939 à Sauk City dans le Wisconsin par August Derleth et Donald Wandrei. Le nom de la société vient de celui de la ville fictive de… … Wikipédia en Français