- Julian Nida-Rümelin
Julian Nida-Rümelin (born November 28 1954) is a German philosopher. He was born in Munich into a family with a long artistic tradition.
Nida-Rümelin studied philosophy, physics, mathematics and political sciences. In 1983 he completed his PhD in philosophy at the University of Munich and then became an assistant professor at the Department of Political Sciences of said university. His state doctorate followed in 1989 at the Department of Philosophy in Munich. After spending one year in Minnesota as a visiting professor, he was appointed to the Chair of the Centre of Science Ethics at the University of Tübingen. From 1993 to 2003 he held a chair of philosophy at the University of Göttingen and then moved to Munich as a full professor of Political Theory and Philosophy at the University of Munich.
From 1998 to 2000 he was the Head of the Municipal Department of Arts & Culture of Munich; from January 2001 to October 2002 Nida-Rümelin held a ministerial office as the State Minister for Culture and Media and was thus a member of the national government. Among others, he is a member of the European Academy of Sciences and Arts, the International Forum for Culture and Economy and the Berlin-Brandenburg Academy of Sciences and Humanities.
- "Klassiker der Philosophie des 20. Jahrhunderts" (Classic of the Philosophy of the 20th century, ed. together with Elif Özmen), Stuttgart: Kröner 2007
- "Philosophie der Gegenwart" (Contemporary Philosophy), (ed. together with Elif Özmen), Stuttgart: Kröner 2007
- "Demokratie und Wahrheit" (Democracy and Truth), Munich: C H Beck 2006
- "Humanismus als Leitkultur. Ein Perspektivenwechsel" (Humanism as the Leading Culture – Changing the Perspective), Munich: C H Beck 2006
- "Über menschliche Freiheit" (On Human Liberty), Stuttgart: Reclam 2005
- "Handbuch Angewandte Ethik" (Handbook Applied Ethics), (second extended edition), Stuttgart: Kröner 2005
- "Entscheidungstheorie und Ethik / Decision Theory and Ethics" (Second extended edition), Munich: Utz 2005
- "Ethische Essays" (Ethical Essays), Frankfurt a. M.: Suhrkamp 2002
- "Ökologische Ethik und Rechtstheorie" (Ecological Ethics and the Theory of Law), (together with Dietmar v.d.Pfordten), Baden-Baden: Nomos 22002
- "Strukturelle Rationalität. Ein philosophischer Essay über praktische Vernunft" (Structural Rationality. A Philosophical Essay on Practical Reason) Stuttgart: Reclam 2001
- "Rationalität in der praktischen Philosophie" (Rationality in Practical Philosophy), (together with Th. Schmidt), Berlin: Akademie 2000
- "Rationality, Rules, and Structure" (ed. together with Wolfgang Spohn), Dordrecht: Kluwer 2000
- "Rationality, Realism, Revision". Proceedings of the 3rd international Congress of the "Gesellschaft für Analytische Philosophie" – *"Society for Analytical Philosophie", September 15-18, 1997, in Munich (ed.), Berlin: de Gruyter 2000
- "Demokratie als Kooperation" (Democracy as Cooperation), Frankfurt a. M.: Suhrkamp 1999
- "Ästhetik und Kunstphilosophie von der Antike bis zur Gegenwart" (Esthetics and Art Philosophy from the Antiquity to the Present Day), (ed. together with Monika Betzler), Stuttgart: Kröner 1998
- "Ethische und Politische Freiheit" (Ethical and Political Liberty), (ed. together with Wilhelm Vossenkuhl), Berlin: de Gruyter 1998
- "Economic Rationality and Practical Reason", Dordrecht: Kluwer 1997
- Handbuch "Angewandte Ethik" (Handbook of Applied Ethics, ed.), Stuttgart: Kröner 2006
- "Ökologische Ethik und Rechtstheorie" (Ecological Ethics and the Theory of Law, together with Dietmar v.d. Pfordten), Baden-Baden: Nomos 1995
- "Logik kollektiver Entscheidungen" (Collective Choice, together with Lucian Kern), Munich/Vienna: Oldenbourg 1994
- "Praktische Rationalität" (Practical Rationality), Berlin: de Gruyter 1994
- "Kritik des Konsequentialismus" (Critique of Consequentialism), Munich/Viena: Oldenbourg 1993, 21995
- "Philosophie der Gegenwart" (Contemporary Philosophy), Stuttgart: Kröner 1991, 21999
- Lexikon der philosophischen Werke" (Dictionary of Philosophical Works), Stuttgart: Kröner 1988, Russian 1997, Italian 2000
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.