- Nick Gromicko
Nick Gromicko (b. May 25, 1962 - ) is an American entrepreneur, philanthropist, and founder of InterNACHI, the nonprofit International Association of Certified Home Inspectors (InterNACHI), based in Boulder, Colorado. InterNACHI is the international trade association of the inspection industry and has operations in about 60 countries. He is also the founder of the International Association of Certified Indoor Air Consultants (IAC2).
Following ROTC, Gromicko served as a research analyst at the University of Pittsburgh's Nuclear Physics Department. Four years later, he left to form several multi-inspector companies and environmental firms, including two testing labs. Gromicko created InterNACHI in 1990 as a professional and educational resource for home and commercial building inspectors, creating many protocols and standards for the industry. Gromicko's background in the real estate and housing industries enabled him to find experts to help him create InterNACHI's Residential and Commercial Standards of Practice (now adopted by 65 countries), covering the various systems and components in a typical house, including electrical, plumbing, HVAC, roofing and structural, as well as a Code of Ethics for InterNACHI member-inspectors.
As the founder of IAC2, Gromicko's intent is to provide a professional resource for inspectors who conduct ancillary inspections for issues affecting the quality of indoor air. Some of these issues include mold problems, radon, airborne allergens, indoor plants, and other issues affecting occupants' health and welfare.
In late 2009, Gromicko launched ComInspect, a network for commercial building inspectors. Gromicko is credited with authoring the International Standards of Practice for Inspecting Commercial Properties, adopted and used around the world.
As an advocate for the protection of home inspectors, Gromicko has met with industry and civic leaders, including Florida's Governor Charlie Crist, and Alberta Minister Heather Klimchuk to discuss the ramifications of state regulation of home inspectors.
Gromicko is author of more than 20 inspection textbooks, as well as hundreds of articles about home health and safety hazards and tips, the various aspects of home inspections, professional advice for those in the inspection industry, and strategies for successful marketing.
He is a licensed wastewater treatment system installer and a Boulder County, Colorado, licensed general contractor.
In addition to Gromicko's home inspection activism, he has founded a school, a food bank, and a free health clinic.
Gromicko lives in Nederland, Colorado, population 1,200, located 8,800 feet above sea level.
Books (partial list)
- International Standards of Practice for Inspecting Commercial Properties
- Residential Plumbing Overview
- How to Perform Residential Electrical Inspections
- Inspecting HVAC Systems
- 25 Standards Every Inspector Should Know
- How to Perform Deck Inspections
- Safe Practices for the Home Inspector
- How to Perform Roof Inspections
- Structural Issues for Home Inspectors
- How to Inspect Pools and Spas
- How to Perform Mold Inspections
- How to Perform Radon Inspections
- How to Inspect for Moisture Intrusion
- Inspecting Foundation Walls and Piers
- How to Inspect the Exterior
- Wood-Destroying Insects Field Guide
- Inspection Business Success Strategies
- MainStreet.com: 8 Unexpected Factors That Can Threaten Your Home Sale (Nov. 12, 2011)
- WebMD: Winterize Your Home: 10 Tips
- NorthJersey: Hire a Home Inspector... and Have Piece of Mind (Sept 16, 2011)
- Bloomberg: Homebuilder Shares Undermined by Creeping Costs of Construction Boom Flaws (Feb. 2, 2011)
- NBC Dallas-Fort Worth: What's in a Home Inspector Recommendation? (July 20, 2010)
- Christian Science Monitor: Energy audits: A high-tech way to stay warm this winter (Nov. 2008)
- The New York Times: The Home Energy Audit Gets an Upgrade (Sept. 23, 2008)
- The Communicator (Winter 2007)
- Gromicko's articles
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
См. также в других словарях:
NACHI.TV — is an online provider of video based education for home inspectors and homeowners. Created by American entrepreneur Nick Gromicko, founder of InterNACHI, the International Association of Certified Home Inspectors, along with Chief Technology… … Wikipedia
International Association of Certified Home Inspectors — The International Association of Certified Home Inspectors (InterNACHI) is a U.S. based, non profit professional association for home inspectors. Founded in 1990 by Nick Gromicko and headquartered in Boulder, Colorado, InterNACHI is the largest… … Wikipedia