- Nicholas Institute for Environmental Policy Solutions
Nicholas Institute for Environmental Policy Solutions is one of seven interdisciplinary research institutes at Duke University located in Durham, North Carolina. Founded in 2005, it became the first environmental-policy-centered Institute with a Duke University affiliation.
The Nicholas Institute for Environmental Policy Solutions is focused on helping decision makers in business, industry, government and the nonprofit sector understand their options, anticipate their choices and make the most of opportunities for leadership in creating a more economically and environmentally sustainable future. Since its inception, the Nicholas Institute for Environmental Policy Solutions has grown into a major nonpartisan participant in key debates surrounding climate change, the economics of limiting carbon pollution, oceans governance and coastal development, emerging environmental markets and freshwater concerns at home and abroad.
Tim Profeta is founding director. The Institute’s other program directors include Brian Murray, Jonas Monast, Linwood Pendleton, Bill Holman, Lydia Olander, Jay Golden and Jan Mazurek. Members of the Board of Advisors include Charles O. Holliday Jr., Richard Cizik, Frances Beinecke, William K. Reilly, Fred Krupp, Peter Nicholas, Patrick F. Noonan, and Joseph A. Stanislaw.
- ^ http://interdisciplinary.duke.edu/about/institutes-centers
- ^ http://www.theredddesk.org/resources/organisations/nicholas_institute_for_environmental_policy_solutions
- ^ http://www.nicholas.duke.edu/DEarchives/f05/f-nieps.html
- ^ http://www.dukemagazine.duke.edu/dukemag/issues/111209/solver1.html
- ^ http://nctechnews.com/2011/05/18/environmental-green-tech/nicholas-institute-expands-board-of-advisors/5078/
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.