A newcomer is someone who has recently arrived or recently joined a group.
Newcomer may also refer to:
- Newcomer (Lenape), chief of the western Lenape and founder of Newcomerstown, Ohio
- Newcomer (Alien Nation), a fictional humanoid species in the television series and film Alien Nation
- The Newcomers (TV series), British soap opera based on a family that moved home from London to a country town
- Carrie Newcomer, American singer and songwriter
- Christian Newcomer (1749-1830), American farmer and preacher
- Francis K. Newcomer (1889-1967), Governor of the Panama Canal Zone
- Scott Newcomer, American politician
- the Novichok agent, Novichok meaning 'Newcomer' in Russian
This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
newcomer — (n.) recent arrival, mid 15c., with agent noun ending from new come (pp. adjective), c.1200, from O.E. niwe cumen. Old English also used niwcumen as a noun meaning newcomer, neophyte … Etymology dictionary
Newcomer — New com er, n. One who has lately come. [1913 Webster] … The Collaborative International Dictionary of English
newcomer — index neophyte, novice, probationer (one being tested), stranger, successor Burton s Legal Thesaurus. William C. Burton. 2006 … Law dictionary
Newcomer — Newcomer,der:⇨Anfänger(1) … Das Wörterbuch der Synonyme
newcomer — [n] person who has just arrived in area alien, arrival, beginner, blow in*, colt*, foreigner, greenhorn*, immigrant, incomer, Johnny come lately*, late arrival, latecomer, maverick, neophyte, new kid on the block*, novice, novitiate, outsider,… … New thesaurus
newcomer — ► NOUN 1) a person who has recently arrived. 2) a novice … English terms dictionary
newcomer — [no͞o′kum΄ər, nyo͞o′kum΄ər] n. a recent arrival … English World dictionary
newcomer — new|com|er [ˈnju:kʌmə US ˈnu:kʌmər] n 1.) someone who has only recently arrived somewhere or only recently started a particular activity →↑novice newcomer to ▪ I m a relative newcomer to the retail business. ▪ a special award for the most… … Dictionary of contemporary English
newcomer — [[t]nju͟ːkʌmə(r), AM nu͟ː [/t]] newcomers 1) N COUNT A newcomer is a person who has recently arrived in a place, joined an organization, or started a new activity. He must be a newcomer to town and he obviously didn t understand our local customs … English dictionary
Newcomer — New|co|mer 〈[ nju:kʌmə(r)] m. 3〉 Neuankömmling, Neuling [<engl. new „neu“ + come „kommen“] * * * New|co|mer [ nju:kamɐ ], der; s, [engl. newcomer = Neuankömmling, Neuling]: jmd., der in einer Branche, einem Geschäft o. Ä. neu ist, noch nicht… … Universal-Lexikon