The area includes 86 individually listed houses, other buildings, and historic districts. Of these, the great majority were covered in a 1982-1983 survey of historic properties in Davenport. That study covered some already listed properties, served as the nominating document for a good number more, and commented upon others that needed further documentation or otherwise weren't ready for listing at the time, but which were listed later.
Founded as a separate town called Upper Davenport in 1851, it was incorporated into the city of Davenport in 1856. Today it is known as the Village of East Davenport, a commercial and residential area.
A former orphanage built for children who lost their fathers during the American Civil War. It served as a state run facility until 1975. Since 1949 it was called the Annie Wittenmyer Home, and now serves as office space for non-profits.
Italianate style mansion built in 1855 by Antoine LeClaire, one of the founders and promoters of the city of Davenport. The house also served as the residence of the first two Catholic bishops of Davenport.
Site of the American Civil War army camp, Camp McClellan, it became a residential area in the late 19th century. It includes 354 buildings deemed to contribute to the historic character of the area; Davenport MRA.
Italian Vila and Gothic Revival style buildings designed by Davenport architects John C. Cochrane and Edward S. Hammatt. It served as a girl's school operated by the Episcopal Diocese of Iowa; Davenport MRA.