- State Oceanic Administration
State Oceanic Administration (SOA; Chinese: 国家海洋局 Pinyin: Guójiā Hǎiyáng Jú) is an administrative agency subordinate to the Ministry of Land and Resources, responsible for the supervision and management of sea area in the People's Republic of China and coastal environmental protection, protecting national maritime rights and organizing scientific and technical research of its territorial waters.
The agency is led by an Administrator. The current administrator is Wang Shuguang.
The main functions of the agency are: 
- The State Oceanic Administration is responsible for regulating the coastal zone of the People's Republic of China. This include islands, internal sea, neighbouring sea, contiguous zone, continental shelf, exclusive economic zones and other sea area under its jurisdiction.
- It is also responsible for issuing permits for sea area use such as laying of submarine cables and pipelines.
- The SOA is also for environmental protection of the marine area. This include regulating pollutants, discharges into the sea and monitoring of the health of the sea areas. The agency assesses marine oil and gas exploration and developments, ocean dumping and ocean engineering projects to ensure the environmental impact is minimized and regulations are followed.
- The agency organises and regulates marine scientific surveys and research activities. This can involve approving research from foreign countries or foreign nationals.
- The agency is the Law enforcement agency protecting the maritime and sea area. This involve coastal surveillance, investigation and prosecution of illegal activities.
- The administration also organizes basic and comprehensive survey of the maritime area to promote scientific research and understanding of the environment for protection, economic activity or conservation.
The agency is organized in the following departments. 
Internal Department Structure
- Administrative Office (Department of Finance)
- Department of Policies, Laws and Regulations, and Planning
- Department of Sea Area Management
- Department of Marine Environmental Protection
- Department of Science and Technology
- Department of International Cooperation
- Department of Personnel
- Party Committee of the Headquarters of the SOA
- Office of Commission for Discipline Inspection and Supervisor of the SOA
Administrative Agencies subordinate to the State Oceanic Administration
The following agencies that are subordinate to the State Ocean Administration: 
- China Marine Surveillance Headquarters (Beijing)
- Northern Seas Branch (Qingdao)
- East China Sea Branch (Shanghai)
- South China Sea Branch (Guangzhou)
- National Marine Data and Information Service (Tianjin)
- National Marine Environmental Monitoring Center (Dalian)
- National Marine Environmental Forecasting Center (Beijing)
- National Center for Satellite Application in the Oceans (Beijing)
- Institute of Ocean Technology (Tianjin)
- National Center of Oceanographic Standards & Metrology (Tianjin)
- China Institute of Polar Research (Shanghai)
- Hangzhou Research and Development Center for Water Treatment Technologies (Hangzhou)
- First Institute of Oceanography (Qingdao)
- Second Institute of Oceanography (Hangzhou)
- Third Institute of Oceanography (Xiamen)
- Tianjin Institute of Sea Water Desalination and Multipurpose Utilization (Tianjin)
- Institute for Ocean Development Strategy (Beijing)
- Marine Advisory Service Center (Beijing)
- Office of Polar Expedition (Beijing)
- Office of China Ocean Mineral Resources Research and Development Association (Beijing)
- China Ocean Press (Beijing)
- Office of Retired Staff and Veteran Cadres (Beijing)
- Service Center of the Headquarters of the SOA (Beijing)
- Beijing Training and Education Center (Beijing)
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
State General Administration of Sports — (Chinese: 国家体育总局 Pinyin: guójiā tǐyù zǒngjú) is the government agency responsible for sports in China. It is subordinate to the State Council. It also administers the All China Sports Federation and Chinese Olympic Committee. . The agency is… … Wikipedia
State Council of the People's Republic of China — 中华人民共和国国务院 Zhōnghuá Rénmín Gònghéguó Guówùyuàn … Wikipedia
State Ethnic Affairs Commission — 国家民族事务委员会 Agency overview Formed 1949 Jurisdiction … Wikipedia
State Post Bureau — 国家邮政局 Agency overview Formed 1949 Superseding agency State Post Bureau of Ministry of Industry and Information Technology Jurisdiction … Wikipedia
State Administration of Radio, Film, and Television — The State Administration of Radio, Film, and Television (SARFT; Chinese: 国家广播电影电视总局; pinyin: Guójiā Guǎngbō Diànyǐng Diànshì Zǒngjú) is an executive branch under the State Council of the People s Republic of China. Its main task is the… … Wikipedia
Administration Américaine — États Unis Cet article fait partie de la série sur la politique des États Unis, sous série sur la politique. Gouvernement fédéra … Wikipédia en Français
Administration americaine — Administration américaine États Unis Cet article fait partie de la série sur la politique des États Unis, sous série sur la politique. Gouvernement fédéra … Wikipédia en Français
Administration américaine — États Unis Cet article fait partie de la série sur la politique des États Unis, sous série sur la politique. Gouvernement fédéra … Wikipédia en Français
State of the Climate — The State of the Climate is an annual report that is produced by the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration National Climatic Data Center (NOAA/NCDC). This report appears as a supplement to the June issue of the Bulletin of the American… … Wikipedia
Ministry of State Security of the People's Republic of China — 中华人民共和国国家安全部 Agency overview Jurisdiction People s Republic … Wikipedia