- Natalia Cruz
Natalia Cruz on Univision
Born Natalia Andrea Rodriguez Carrillo
August 18, 1976
Residence Miami, Florida Other names Natalia Rodriguez Ethnicity Hispanic Education Universidad del Norte Occupation Television journalist Years active 1993 - Present Employer Univision Known for Primer Impacto
Spouse Jairo Cruz Children Daniel A. Cruz
Alexandro X. Cruz
Christiana I. Cruz
Awards 3 Emmy Award
NY Latin Award
Natalia Cruz (born August 18, 1976 in Barranquilla, Colombia) is a Colombian journalist and news anchor in the United States, three time Emmy Award winner, affiliated to Univision Network, and the show Primer Impacto.
Born to journalist parents, Cruz always had a passion for written works. In her youth she competed in writing contests. She won speech and poetry competitions as well as literature prizes.
Cruz attended Universidad del Norte, in Barranquilla, Colombia where she majored in social communications and journalism. While studying, she worked in news radio on "Emisora Atlantico", Cruz began her broadcasting career at 17 as news anchor for the newscast "CV Noticias" on the regional television station Telecaribe.
In early 2000, Cruz moved to New York and worked for Spanish language Public TV on HITN (Hispanic Information and Telecommunications Network), where she also produced the shows "Corriente Cultural" and "NotiCultura".
Later that year, she started as the New York reporter for the daily morning show "Despierta America", on Univision, and did live shots for the longest-running variety TV show in the world, "Sabado Gigante".
In 2001, Cruz was hired by the New York Telemundo affiliate WNJU as a reporter for "Noticiero 47". With only one month on the job, she covered the WTC terrorist attacks, being one of the first reporters on the scene at Ground Zero.   Her work was noted in the book, "Running Toward Danger: Stories Behind the Breaking News of September 11".; and she was featured on the 9/11 Tenth year exhibit on the Newseum on Washington D.C.
After just 18 months working as a morning reporter, Cruz became news anchor on WNJU, now part of NBC, and received the 2004 Emmy Award as Best News Anchor for Tri-State area (NY, NJ, and CT).
She was nominated the following year for five awards, winning another Emmy Award, this time for Best Newscast in 2005. Additionally, Cruz won the ACE Award as Best News Anchor in 2005. 2006 saw Cruz win her third Emmy Award for Best Series of Social Interest.
Cruz then started as New York correspondent for "En Vivo y Directo", on TeleFutura. Only two months later, she was brought to "Primer Impacto" on Univision Network. She won the NY Latin Award for Best National Correspondent in 2008. 
Cruz transferred to Miami in 2010 and has continued as a correspondent. Cruz often sits in as news anchor for shows at Univision, such as "Primer Impacto", "Despierta América", "Al Punto" and "Desayuno Alegre". She also briefs on "Noticiero Univision". and "Noticias Al Minuto" on TeleFutura.
In July 2011 Natalia Cruz is promoted to Anchor for "Primer Impacto Extra", broadcasted on the weekends at 5pm / 4pm center; replacing Weekend Anchor Satcha Pretto who left the program to become the new News Anchor for Despierta America instead of veteran Neida Sandoval.
Year Program Station City Title 2011–Present Primer Impacto Extra Univision Miami, FL (USA) News Anchor - Weekends 2010–2011 Primer Impacto Univision Miami, FL (USA) Staff Correspondent 2006–2010 Primer Impacto Univision New York, NY (USA) New York Correspondent 2006 En Vivo y Directo Telefutura New York, NY (USA) New York Correspondent 2002–2005 Noticiero 47 Telemundo Fort Lee, NJ (USA) News Anchor - 6pm and 11pm 2001–2002 Noticiero 47 Telemundo Teterboro, NJ (USA) News Reporter - 5am to 7am 2000–2001 Despierta América Univision New York, NY (USA) New York Reporter 2000–2001 Sabado Gigante Univision New York, NY (USA) New York Reporter 2000 Corriente Cultural HITN-TV New York, NY (USA) Host and Producer 1999–2000 Extra Caracol Bogotá (Col) News Anchor and News Reporter 1997–1999 En Línea Telecaribe Barranquilla (Col) Co-Host 1994–1996 CV Noticias Telecaribe Barranquilla (Col) News Anchor - 8:30pm Year Program Dial Sation City Title 1994–1999 Jazz Vespertino 103.1 FM Uninorte FM Stereo Barranquilla (Col) Host 1997–1998 La Vallenata 90.1 FM Caracol Radio Barranquilla (Col) News Reader 1997–1998 Corazón Stereo 97.6 FM Caracol Radio Barranquilla (Col) Programming Director 1993–1994 Atlántico en Noticias 1070 AM Emisora Atlántico Barranquilla (Col) News Reader
- Featured on the 9/11 Tenth year exhibit on the Newseum on Washington D.C. 2011
- New York Latin Award 2008 as best national TV reporter.
- Emmy Award 2006 from the National Academy of Television Arts and Sciences, for her special investigation “Lead on Kids Jewelry” on the category series of social interest.
- Emmy Award winner for Best Newscast in 2005.
- 5 Nominations to Emmy Award 2005 including one as second consecutive year as best News Anchor/Host, Best Political Segment, Best Special Coverage, and two for best Newscast.
- Emmy Award 2004 from the National Academy of Television Arts and Sciences as best News Anchor/Host.
- Emmy Award nominee for Best Newscast in 2004.
- "Nemqueteba" Prize 2004 by Colombians Breaking Barriers, on the Symposium “Promoting the development of the Latin Community” in recognition for her work on favor of the improvement of the Hispanic community in United States of America.
- Honor of Merit 2004 by Colombian Civic Center, in recognition for her dedication and support to the Hispanic community.
- Latino Community Leadership Award 2004 by Bergen Community College.
- Nomination to ACE Award 2003 by Association of Latin Entertainment Critics as best News Anchor / Host.
- Honor of Merit 2001 by NJ Hispanic-American Parade for her covering on September 11 attacks.
- Several times Godmother of Latin festivals, including: NY Colombian Independence Festival, NY Colombian Parade, Hispanic Parade of New York, Hispanic Parade of New Jersey, Hispanic Parade of Bayonne, NY Puerto Rican Parade, NY Dominican Parade, Cali Fair of Elizabeth.
- Master of ceremonies for events and community forums in New York and New Jersey.
- ^ ColArte (2006). "Natalia Cruz Presentadora" (web). http://colarte.com/colarte/conspintores.asp?idartista=14703. Retrieved March 31, 2011.
- ^ El Tiempo (Colombia) (August 18, 2004). "Con Pantalla Extranjera". In DIEGO LEON GIRALDO S. Subeditor de Televisión (in esp) (web). http://www.eltiempo.com/archivo/documento/MAM-1575396. Retrieved March 31, 2011.
- ^ El Tiempo (Colombia) (August 29, 2004). "Periodistas de Exportación". In Cultura y entretenimiento (in esp) (web). http://www.eltiempo.com/archivo/documento/MAM-1554338. Retrieved April 6, 2011.
- ^ Noticiero Hispano (April 7, 2004). "La colombiana Natalia Cruz ganó premio Emmy". In Noticiero Hispano Colombiano (in spa) (web and press). Archivo / Comunidad. http://www.noticierohispano.com/buscar/detalle_busqueda_actuales.asp?art=6938&temp=1&ssid=10&ban=500. Retrieved May 20, 2011.
- ^ Telemundo (February 10, 2004). "Natalia Cruz : noticias de Nueva York". In Noticiero 47 (in esp) (web). Noticiero 47. http://www.telemundo47.com/noticias/2836370/detail.html. Retrieved April 28, 2011.
- ^ TV y Novelas (June 7, 2005). "Las Caras de las Noticias". In Tomado de Revista TV y Novelas (in spa) (web). Historia de la television en Colombia. http://chamorrotelevision.com.co/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=47&Itemid=55. Retrieved May 19, 2011.
- ^ BBC News (September 5, 2002). "Especial 9/11 : Ellos Cubrieron la Historia" (in spa) (web). BBC News (Special 9/11). http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/spanish/specials/2001_-_11_de_septiembre_-_2002/newsid_2239000/2239444.stm. Retrieved June 3, 2011.
- ^ El Heraldo (Colombia) (September 11, 2011). "Reportando el Terror". In International (in spa) (web & press). Special 9/11. http://www.elheraldo.co/internacional/reportando-el-terror-37228. Retrieved October 8, 2011.
- ^ Univision (September 11, 2011). "Nunca nadie me preparó para esto!". In 9/11 Diez años después (in esp) (web). http://univisionnuevayork.univision.com/decimo-aniversario-del-11-de-septiembre/recordando-la-tragedia/article/2011-09-11/natalia-cruz-cronica-911. Retrieved October 8, 2011.
- ^ Trost, Cahy; Alicia C. Shepard (2002). Running toward danger: stories behind the breaking news of 9/11. Newseum. p. 133,208,209,212. ISBN 0-7425-2316-0.
- ^ Variety (March 29 2004). "N.Y. Emmys favor WPIX" (in eng) (web). EMMYS. http://www.variety.com/article/VR1117902516?categoryid=14&cs=1. Retrieved 19 May 2011.
- ^ Daily News (New York) (March 30, 2004). "Emmys Bittersweet News For Ch. 2 Anchors" (in eng) (web & press). Entertainment / Television. http://articles.nydailynews.com/2004-03-30/entertainment/18254900_1_nine-awards-emmy-awards-annual-honors. Retrieved May 19, 2011.
- ^ El Tiempo (Colombia) (April 2, 2004). "Otro EMMY para Colombia". In MARTHA LUZ MONROY G. Redactor of EL TIEMPO (in esp) (web). http://www.eltiempo.com/archivo/documento/MAM-1560609. Retrieved April 6, 2011.
- ^ Daily News (New York) (February 26, 2005). "Wnbc Gets Most Local Emmy Nods" (in eng) (web & press). Entertainment / Television. http://articles.nydailynews.com/2005-02-26/entertainment/18287727_1_nominations-emmy-awards-anchors. Retrieved May 19, 2011.
- ^ El Tiempo (Colombia) (May 7, 2005). "Locutora Televisiva del Año". In Cultura y entretenimiento (in esp) (web). http://www.eltiempo.com/archivo/documento/MAM-1672623. Retrieved April 6, 2011.
- ^ Los Granos (March 16, 2006). "One of our own an Emmy winner". In losgranos.com (in eng) (web). Television. http://www.losgranos.com/2006/03/16/one-of-our-own-an-emmy-winner/. Retrieved May 19 2011.
- ^ Univision (January 10, 2006). "Noticias En Vivo y Directo Desde TeleFutura". In En Vivo y Directo (in spa) (web). En Vivo y Directo. http://www.univision.com/content/content.jhtml?cid=608555. Retrieved May 19, 2011.
- ^ La Ola Caribe (September 14, 2009). "Natalia Cruz". In Revista La Ola Caribe (in spa) (web & magazine). Mas alla del Caribe. http://issuu.com/laolacaribe/docs/agosto. Retrieved May 19, 2011.
- ^ Univision (October 16, 2009). "Natalia Cruz reporta para Primer Impacto desde New York". In Primer Impacto (in esp) (web). http://noticias.univision.com/primer-impacto/noticias/article/2009-10-16/natalia-cruz-reporta-para-primer. Retrieved April 6, 2011.
- ^ El Heraldo (Colombia) (February 20, 2010). "Natalia Cruz periodista de Impacto". In Revista Gente Caribe (in spa) (web & press). cover & central article. http://fr.kiosko.net/co/2010-02-20/np/co_heraldo.html. Retrieved May 19, 2011.
- ^ El Periódico (April 14, 2011). "Crece la representación colombiana en la TV de USA". In El Periódico de los Colombianos (in spa) (web and press). http://www.elperiodico.com.co/newperiod/index.php?modulo=articulos&accion=verArticulo&id=4595. Retrieved May 20, 2011.
- ^ A Magazine (May 1, 2011). "Natalia Cruz: UNA MUJER IMPACTANTE". In Albornoz Group (in spa) (web & magazine). Profile. pp. 25–31. http://amagazineny.com/magazines/a_magazine_may2011.pdf. Retrieved May 25, 2011.
- ^ Univision (July 5, 2011). "Natalia Cruz, nueva conductora de Primer Impacto Fin de Semana". In Primer Impacto (in esp) (web). http://noticias.univision.com/primer-impacto/noticias/article/2011-07-05/natalia-cruz-nueva-conductora-de. Retrieved July 8, 2011.
- ^ LosEspectaculos.TV (July 5, 2011). "Natalia Cruz, nueva conductora de Primer Impacto". In Los Espectaculos.TV (in esp) (web). http://losespectaculos.tv/blog1/2011/07/05/natalia-cruz-nueva-conductora-de-primer-impacto/. Retrieved August 11, 2011.
- ^ ColombiaNewYork.com (July 6, 2011). "La barranquillera Natalia Rodríguez presentará el programa Impacto Fin de Semana de Univisión". In Ibernet Media & Consultants (in esp) (web). http://colombianewyork.com/Natalia_Cruz.html/. Retrieved August 17, 2011.
- ^ Internet Movie Database (March 2011). "Resume of Natalia Cruz in IMDb". In www.imdb.me/nataliacruz (in eng) (web). http://www.imdb.com/name/nm4474910/resume. Retrieved 6 June 2011.
- Natalia Cruz on the Web
- Natalia Cruz on YouTube
- Natalia Cruz on Primer Impacto at Univision
- Natalia Cruz on Noticiero 47 at Telemundo
- Natalia Cruz at ColArte
- Captions on TV Heads.com
- Natalia Cruz on Facebook
- Natalia Cruz on Twitter
- Natalia Cruz on MiPagina Univision
- Natalia Cruz on IMDb
- Natalia Cruz in Spanish Wikipedia
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.