- NHPC Limited
NHPC Limited Type Public Limited Company Industry Hydro-electric Power Founded 1975 Headquarters Faridabad, India Key people A.B.L. Srivastava
(Chairman & MD)
NHPC Limited (Formerly National Hydroelectric Power Corporation), A Govt. of India Enterprise, was incorporated in the year 1975 with an authorised capital of Rs. 2000 million and with an objective to plan, promote and organize an integrated and efficient development of hydroelectric power in all aspects. Later on NHPC expanded its objects to include other sources of energy like Geothermal, Tidal, Wind etc.
At present, NHPC is a Mini Ratna Category-I Enterprise of the Govt. of India with an authorised share capital of Rs. 1,50,000 Million . With an investment base of over Rs. 3,87,180 Million Approx. , NHPC is among the TOP TEN companies in the country in terms of investment. Baira Suil Power station in Salooni Tehsil of Chamba was the first project undertaken by NHPC.
- To achieve international standards of excellence in all aspects of hydro power and diversified business.
- To execute and operate projects in a cost effective, environment friendly and socio-economically responsive manner.
- To foster competent trained and multi-disciplinary human capital.
- To continually develop state-of-the-art technologies through innovative R&D and adopt best practices.
- To adopt the best practices of corporate governance and institutionalize value based management for a strong corporate identity.
- To maximize creation of wealth through generation of internal funds and effective management of resources.
- To harness the vast hydro potential of the country along with wind and tidal power in all aspects to produce cheap, pollution free and inexhaustible power.
- To play a significant role in the integrated and efficient development of hydroelectric power in the central sector covering all aspects - investigation, planning, design, construction, operation and maintenance
- To generate sufficient internal resources for short term and long term financing for expansion of existing and setting up of new projects.
- To formulate strategic long term corporate plans to achieve desired growth of activities of the corporation, commensurate with national objectives.
- To continue efforts to maximise output and generation at the least economic cost.
- To complete all on-going projects without any time and cost overrun.
- To achieve suitable organizational development through effective human resources development.
- To Plan, promote and organise an integrated and efficient development of power in all its aspects through Conventional and Non Conventional Sources in India and Abroad subject to clause 1 (b), including planning, investigation, research, design and preparation of preliminary, feasibility and definite project reports, construction, generation, operation and maintenance of power stations and projects, transmission, distribution, trading and sale of power generated at Stations in accordance with the national economic policy and objectives laid down by the Central Government from time to time and release of water and other needs to the State Govt. as per the agreed parameters.
- To Plan, promote and organise an integrated and efficient development of Thermal Power in all its aspects through its subsidiary Company i.e. Narmada Hydroelectric Development Corporation Limited including planning, investigation, research, design and preparation of preliminary, feasibility and definite project reports, construction, generation, operation and maintenance of power stations and projects, transmission, distribution, trading and sale of power generated at Stations.
- To undertake, where necessary, the construction of inter-state transmission lines and ancillary works for timely and coordinated inter-state exchange of power.
- To coordinate the activities of its subsidiaries, to determine their economic and financial objectives / targets and to review, control, guide and direct their performance with a view to secure optimum utilisation of all resources placed at their disposal.
- To act as an agent of Government / Public Sector financial institutions, to exercise all the rights and powers exercisable at any meeting of any Company engaged in the planning, investigation, research, design and preparation of preliminary, feasibility and definite project reports, construction, generation, operation, maintenance of Power Stations and Projects, transmission, distribution, trading and sale of power in respect of any shares held by the Government, Public financial institutions, nationalised banks, nationalised insurance companies with a view to secure the most effective utilisation of the financial investments and loans in such companies and the most efficient development of the concerned industries.
- To carry on the business of purchasing, selling, importing, exporting, producing, trading, manufacturing or otherwise dealing in all aspects of planning, investigation, research, design and preparation of preliminary, feasibility and definite project reports, construction, generation, operation and maintenance of Power Stations and Projects, transmission, distribution and sale of Power, Power Development, including forward, backward or horizontal integration ancillary and other allied industries and for that purpose to install, operate and manage all necessary plants, establishments and works.
Public Limited Company
NHPC is listed in National Stock Exchange and Bombay Stock Exchange on September 1, 2009. Government of India and State Governments have 86.36% share as a promoter of the Company while remaining 13.64% is public shareholding. The total number of shareholders are 1,91,337 and share capital is Rs. 12,300,742,773.
A world class, diversified & transnational organization for sustainable development of hydro power and water resources with strong environment conscience.
At present, NHPC is a schedule 'A' Enterprise of the Govt. of India with an authorized share capital of Rs. 1,50,000 Million . With an investment base of over Rs. 2,20,000 million Approx. In 2009-2010 NHPC made a profit after tax of Rs2090 crores . A increase of 94% than the previous year profit of 1050 crores. NHPC is among the top ten companies in India in terms of investment. Department of Public Enterprise, Govt. of India recently conferred prestigious Miniratna status to NHPC.
Initially, on incorporation, NHPC took over the execution of Salal Stage-I, Bairasiul and Loktak Hydro-electric Projects from Central Hydroelectric Projects Control Board. Since then, it has executed 14 projects with an installed capacity of 5295 MW on ownership basis including projects taken up in joint venture. NHPC has also executed 5 projects with an installed capacity of 89.35 MW on turnkey basis. Two of these projects have been commissioned in neighbouring countries i.e. Nepal and Bhutan at a capacity of 14.1 &60 MW.
Presently NHPC is engaged in the construction of 10 projects aggregating to a total installed capacity of 4502 MW . NHPC has planned to add 5322 MW during 11th Plan period. 12 projects of 9651 MW are awaiting clearances/Govt. approval for their implementation. Detailed Projects report or Feasibility Report are being prepared for 7 projects of 5755 MW.
Since its inception in 1975, NHPC has grown to become one of the largest organizations in the field of hydro power development in the country. With its present capabilities, NHPC can undertake all activities from concept to commissioning of hydroelectric projects.
Hydro Power Stations
Total - 5295 MW
S.no. Power Plant State Commissioned Capacity (MW) year of commission 1 Baira siul Himachal Pradesh 180 1981 2 Loktak Manipur 105 1983 3 Salal-I Jammu & Kashmir 345 1987 4 Tanakpur Uttarakhand 120 1992 5 Chamera-I Himachal Pradesh 540 1994 6 Salal-II Jammu & Kashmir 345 1996 7 Uri-I Jammu & Kashmir 480 1997 8 Rangit Sikkim 60 1999 9 Chamera-II Himachal Pradesh 300 2004 10 Indira Sagar Madhya Pradesh 1000 2005 11 Dhauliganga-I Uttarakhand 280 2005 12 Dul Hasti Jammu & Kashmir 390 2007 13 Omkareshwar Madhya Pradesh 520 2007 14 Teesta-V Sikkim 510 2008 15 Sewa-II Jammu & Kashmir 120 2010
Hydro Power Stations Under construction
Total - 4502 MW
S.no. Power Plant State Total Capacity (MW) Completion Schedule 1 Kishenganga Jammu & Kashmir 330 2016 2 Teesta Low Dam-III West Bengal 1320 2011 3 Parbati-II Himachal Pradesh 800 2013 4 Subansiri (Lower) Assam 2000 2012 5 Chamera-III Himachal Pradesh 231 2011 6 Teesta Low Dam-IV West Bengal 160 2011 7 Parbati-III Himachal Pradesh 520 2012 8 Nimmo-Bazgo Jammu & Kashmir 45 2011 9 Chutak Jammu & Kashmir 44 2011 10 Uri-II Jammu & Kashmir 240 2011
Hydro Power Stations constructed on Deposit/Turnkey Basis
Total - 89.3 MW
S.no. Power Plant Country/State Total Capacity (MW) Year of Commissioning 1 Devighat Nepal 14.1 1984 2 Kurichu Bhutan 60 2002 3 Kalpong Andaman and Nicobar Islands 5.25 2001 4 Sippi Arunachal Pradesh 4 2007 5 Kambang Arunachal Pradesh 6 2008
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
National Hydroelectric Power Corporation — Infobox Company company name = NHPC Limited company company type = Public foundation = 1975 location = Faridabad, India industry = Hydro electric Power Generation products = Electricity homepage = http://www.nhpcindia.comNational Hydroelectric… … Wikipedia
Chamera Dam — Official name Chamera Dam Location Himachal Pradesh India Coordinates … Wikipedia
Navratna — For the talisman, set of stones and gems, see Navaratna. For the well known navratnas of Akbar and Vikramaditya s courts, see Nine Gems. Navratna was the title given originally to nine Public Sector Enterprises (PSEs) identified by the Government … Wikipedia
Narmada Valley Development Authority — Type Government Organization Founded 1985 08 09 Headquarters Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh Area served Madhya Pradesh Key people … Wikipedia
Dams in Burma — There are close to 200 large Dams in Burma. Burma (Myanmar) has a large hydroelectric power potential of 39,000 Megawatts (MW), although the economical exploitable potential is about 37,000 MW. Burma tripled its installed capacity of… … Wikipedia
Public sector undertaking — In India, public sector undertaking (PSU) is a term used for a government owned corporation (company in the public sector). The term is used to refer to companies in which the government (either the Union Government or state or territorial… … Wikipedia
Liste der größten Unternehmen in Indien — Die Liste der größten Unternehmen in Indien enthält die vom Forbes Magazine in der Liste Forbes Global 2000 veröffentlichten größten börsennotierten Unternehmen in Indien. Die Rangfolge der jährlich erscheinenden Liste der 2000 größten… … Deutsch Wikipedia
Nismo — Nissan Motorsport Ltd. (Nismo) Type Private Industry Motor vehicles Genre Tuning/Racing … Wikipedia
Commtel Networks — Pvt Ltd. Type Privately held company Industry Telecommunication, Surveillance Founded July, 1998 … Wikipedia