- NEC Corporation of America
NEC Corporation of America Type Subsidiary Industry Electronics, information technology, telecommunications Founded 2006 Headquarters Irving, Texas, United States Area served United States Parent NEC Corporation Subsidiaries NEC Laboratories America
NEC Financial Services
Website NEC Corporation of America
NEC Corporation of America was formed on 1 July 2006, from the combined operations of NEC America, NEC Solutions America and NEC USA.
Nippon Electric New York (later NEC America Inc.) was incorporated in 1963.
NEC established a research lab in South Brunswick, Princeton, New Jersey in 1988. In October 1989 Honeywell agreed to sell its share in HNSX Supercomputers to NEC. NEC Laboratories was created in November 2002 through the merger of NEC Research Institute and NEC USA's Computer and Communications Research Laboratory. NEC Corporation of America was formed on 1 July 2006 from the combined operations of NEC America, NEC Solutions America and NEC USA.
NEC Laboratories succeeded in sending over 100 terabits of information per second through a single optical fibre in April 2011, establishing a new world record.
Subsidiaries of NEC Corporation of America include:
- NEC Laboratories America (NEC Labs) - a research facility based in Princeton, NJ focused on technology research and early market validation.
- NEC Financial Services, LLC. - a company which offers financing services supporting the sale of products and solutions to businesses in the United States.
Products and services
NEC Corporation of America's products and services include:
- automated fingerprint identification systems
- carrier professional services
- document solutions equipment
- enterprise communications equipment
- enterprise content management
- openflow networking equipment
- identity management
- leasing and financial services
- microwave radio equipment
- optical networking equipment
- performance analytics
- retail applications
- storage equipment
In April 1997 HNSX Supercomputers and Fujitsu were jointly found guilty of dumping by bidding below cost in order to sell a supercomputer to the National Center for Atmospheric Research. In September 1997 the United States International Trade Commission found that Cray Research had been financially injured by the pricing practices of HNSX Supercomputers and Fujitsu.
- ^ "Locations". NEC Corporation of America. http://www.necam.com/Locations/. Retrieved 11 November 2011.
- ^ a b "History". NEC Corporation of America. http://www.necam.com/about/History.cfm. Retrieved 11 November 2011.
- ^ NEC Corporation, The First 80 Years, 1984, ISBN 4-931172-01-6, http://books.google.co.uk/books?id=Nx5PAAAAMAAJ&q='NEC+Corporation,+The+First+80+Years&dq='NEC+Corporation,+The+First+80+Years&hl=en&ei=UMu9Tvr_H4y98gO38vmTBA&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=2&ved=0CDcQ6AEwAQ, retrieved 12 November 2011
- ^ a b "Honeywell to Sell Its Stake in Joint Venture to NEC". Los Angeles Times. 3 October 1989. http://pqasb.pqarchiver.com/latimes/access/66562603.html?dids=66562603:66562603&FMT=ABS&FMTS=ABS:FT&type=current&date=Oct+03%2C+1989&author=&pub=Los+Angeles+Times+(pre-1997+Fulltext)&desc=Honeywell+to+Sell+Its+Stake+in+Joint+Venture+to+NEC&pqatl=google. Retrieved 11 November 2011.
- ^ "New Companies Bring Research To 'Video Valley'". The New York Times. 5 July 1992. http://www.nytimes.com/1992/07/05/nyregion/new-companies-bring-research-to-video-valley.html. Retrieved 11 November 2011.
- ^ "Japanese Labs in U.S. Luring America's Computer Experts". The New York Times. 11 November 1990. http://www.nytimes.com/1990/11/11/us/japanese-labs-in-us-luring-america-s-computer-experts.html. Retrieved 11 November 2011.
- ^ "Overview". NEC Laboratories. http://www.nec-labs.com/about/index.php. Retrieved 11 November 2011.
- ^ "Ultrafast fibre optics set new speed record". New Scientist. 29 April 2011. http://www.newscientist.com/article/mg21028095.500-ultrafast-fibre-optics-set-new-speed-record.html. Retrieved 11 November 2011.
- ^ "Subsidiaries". NEC Corporation of America. http://www.necam.com/about/Subsidiaries.cfm. Retrieved 11 November 2011.
- ^ "Products and services". NEC Corporation of America. http://www.necam.com/products/. Retrieved 11 November 2011.
- ^ "U.S. Finds Supercomputer Dumping by 2 Japan Makers". The New York Times. 1 April 1997. http://www.nytimes.com/1997/04/01/business/us-finds-supercomputer-dumping-by-2-japan-makers.html. Retrieved 11 November 2011.
- ^ "U.S. Trade Sanctions Appealed by NEC". The New York Times. 6 November 1997. http://www.nytimes.com/1997/11/06/business/us-trade-sanctions-appealed-by-nec.html. Retrieved 11 November 2011.
NEC Corporation Divisions and
Joint ventures and
and standardsConsoles · Microprocessors · Mobile phones · Personal computers · Supercomputers
People Places Other1Now wholly-owned 2Sold
Category · Commons
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
NEC Corporation — Logo de NEC Corporation Création 1899 … Wikipédia en Français
Sumitomo Corporation of America — Тип Публичная компания Год основания 1952 Прежние названия Sumitomo Shoji America, Inc. Расположение … Википедия
NEC Casio Mobile Communications — NEC Casio Mobile Communications, established 1 May 2010, is a joint venture between three Japanese electronics manufacturers NEC, Casio and Hitachi, where NEC owns 70.74%, Casio 20.00% and Hitachi 9.26%. The company designs and manufactures… … Wikipedia
NEC Display Solutions — is a manufacturer of computer monitors and large screen public information displays, and has sold and marketed products under the NEC brand globally for more than twenty years. The company sells display products to the consumer, business,… … Wikipedia
NEC Supertower — NEC Super Tower General information Location Minato, Tokyo, Japan Coordinates … Wikipedia
NEC Cup — redirects here. For the Chinese Go tournament, see NEC Cup (China). The NEC Cup is a Go competition, supported by NEC Corporation. Biography The NEC Cup is a Go competition used by the Japanese Nihon Kiin. Unlike the big three titles in Japan,… … Wikipedia
NEC Green Rockets — NECグリーンロケッツ Full name NEC Green Rockets Union Japan Rugby Football Union Nickname(s) Green Rockets Founded 1985 … Wikipedia
NEC Red Rockets — Club Name NECレッドロケッツ Arena Tokyo Kawasaki, Kanagawa Japan … Wikipedia
NEC Soft — NEC Soft, Ltd. Type Corporation Industry Electronics Founded 1975 Headquarters … Wikipedia
NEC Unified Solutions — (formerly NEC Philips Unified Systems) is a wholly owned subsidiary of NEC and specializes in providing communication solutions to small, medium and large enterprises, in both private and public sectors in the EMEA region (Europe, Middle East and … Wikipedia