- NBC Studios (New York)
The NBC Studios in New York, New York is located at 30 Rockefeller Plaza (on 49th Street, between 5th and 6th Avenues) in Manhattan, the historic GE Building houses the headquarters of the NBC television network, its parent General Electric, and NBC's flagship station WNBC (Channel 4), as well as cable news channel MSNBC.
When NBC Universal relocated, 24-hour cable news television network MSNBC joined the network in New York on that day as well. The new studios/headquarters for NBC News and MSNBC are located in one area.
Because of the preponderance of radio studios, that section of the Rockefeller Center complex became known as Radio City (and gave its name to Radio City Music Hall, a gigantic and renowned venue for theatre and films located in Radio City). Even into the present decade, tickets for shows based at 30 Rock bear the legend "Radio City."
Among the shows originating at 30 Rockefeller Plaza:
Program Network/Station Years Taped Studio 30 Rock (exterior scenes) NBC 2006–present various Call My Bluff NBC 1965 6-A The Caroline Rhea Show Syndication 2002–2003 8-G Concentration NBC 1958–1973 8-G Countdown with Keith Olbermann MSNBC 2007–2011 1-A Dateline NBC NBC 1992–present 3-G,1-A The Doctors NBC 1963–1982 3-B/3-A Dough Re Mi NBC 1958–1960 6-A Dr. Nancy MSNBC 2009–2009 3-A The Dr. Oz Show Syndication 2009–present 6-A Early Today NBC 1999–present 3-K The Ed Show MSNBC 2009–present 3-K Football Night in America NBC 2006–present 8-G He Said, She Said Syndication 1968 House Party with Steve Doocy Syndication 1990 6-C How to Survive a Marriage NBC 1974–1975 8-G Howdy Doody NBC 1947-1960 3-A Huntley-Brinkley Report NBC 1956–1970 6-B Jackpot NBC 1974–1975 8-G Jeopardy! NBC 1964–1975 8-G Last Call with Carson Daly NBC 2002–2005 8-G The Last Word with Lawrence O'Donnell MSNBC 2011-present 3-K Late Night with Conan O'Brien NBC 1993–2009 6-A Late Night with David Letterman NBC 1982–1993 6-A Late Night with Jimmy Fallon NBC 2009–present 6-B Live at Five WNBC 1980–2007 6-B The Match Game NBC 1962–1969 8-H Memory Game NBC 1971 6-A Missing Links NBC 1963–1964 6-A Morning Joe MSNBC 2007–present 3-A Morning Meeting with Dylan Ratigan MSNBC 2009 3-A MSNBC Live MSNBC 2007–present 3-A NBC News at Sunrise NBC 1983–1999 NBC Nightly News NBC 1970–present 3-C NBC Sports studio shows NBC 1947–present News 4 New York WNBC 1941–present 7-E, 6-B PDQ (New York shows) Syndication 1965–1969 8-G Personality NBC 1967–1969 6-A The Phil Donahue Show Syndication 1985–1996 8-G Play Your Hunch NBC 1959–1963 6-B Reach for the Stars NBC 1967 6-A The Rachel Maddow Show MSNBC 2008–present 3-A Rock Center with Brian Williams NBC 2011-present 3-B The Rosie O'Donnell Show Syndication 1996–2002 8-G Sale of the Century NBC, Syndication 1969–1974 8-G Saturday Night Live NBC 1975–present 8-H Say When!! NBC 1961–1965 6-A Shoot For the Stars NBC 1977 6-A Somerset NBC 1970–1976 6-C Split Personality NBC 1959–1960 6-A Tic-Tac-Dough NBC 1956–1959 8-G Today NBC 1952–present 1-A To Tell the Truth Syndication 1971–1978; 1980–1981 8-G, 8-H, 6-A The Tonight Show
(Jack Paar and Johnny Carson)
NBC 1957–1972 6-B Treasure Hunt NBC 1957–1959 8-G Twenty One NBC 1956–1958 8-G Up with Chris Hayes MSNBC 2011–present 3-A Verdict with Dan Abrams MSNBC 2007–2008 3-A What's My Line? Syndication 1971–1975 6-A The Who, What, or Where Game NBC 1969–1974 6-A, 8-H Way Too Early with Willie Geist MSNBC 2009–Present 3A Word for Word NBC 1963–1964 6-A You're Putting Me On NBC 1969 6-A
NBC Studio productions
Studio Production Notes Floor 1A The Today Show,
The network's daily morning program is produced at a ground-level windowed studio across 49th Street from the GE Building since the mid-1990s, at 10 Rockefeller Plaza; it was previously broadcast from inside the skyscraper. Studio 1A is a multilevel studio currently used for multiple shows including the studio segments of Dateline NBC. Countdown was used 2nd floor of 1A. The studio was also used by WNBC's Live at Five and MSNBC's Countdown with Keith Olbermann. WNBC, which used temporarily in October 1996 due to a fire in 6B, and NBC Nightly News for a short period during decontamination of the broadcast's facilities and offices in October 2001 due to the 2001 anthrax attacks. Ground floor 2K MSNBC Secondary HD Control Room Debuted October 22, 2007, and is the home to MSNBC programs. An MSNBC/NBC News Newsroom connects control room 2K and studio floor 3A. 2nd floor 3A MSNBC main studios and headquarters Debuted October 22, 2007, and is the home to many MSNBC programs including the main news desk where MSNBC Live and other MSNBC programs are shot. An MSNBC/NBC News Newsroom connects Studio 3A and Studio 3C. Former home of NBC Nightly News. 3rd floor 3B Rock Center with Brian Williams
NBC Nightly News
Former home of the Huntley-Brinkley Report, The Doctors, the Today Show, Dateline NBC, NBC Nightly News, and coverage of the 2008 presidential election 3rd floor 3C (Undergoing Renovations) Formerly home of NBC Nightly News from 1999-October 23, 2011, however the studio's size was decreased significantly during a 2007 renovation. This studio is currently being renovated and expanded into the former Studio 3H to become the studio for WNBC, the network's flagship station. 3rd floor 3H
Experimental Television The first studio in the building to be converted for Television production, being converted in 1935 and served as NBC Television's lone studio until the conversion of Studio 8G in 1948. 3H was adjacent to Studio 3C. This studio has been decommissioned since the early 1960s and served as scenery storage for a number of decades. A portion or all of this area is being used to expand Studio 3C for it's future use as WNBC's studio. 3rd floor 3K Early Today/The Ed Show/The Last Word with Lawrence O'Donnell Former home of NBC Nightly News, NBC Sports, The Today Show, and The Howdy Doody Show, green screen room for coverage of 2008 presidential election result program for NBC News/MSNBC. 3rd floor 5HN
NBC News Emergency "Flash" Studio A small studio used for breaking news bulletins during the Huntley-Brinkley Era. Most notably, network coverage regarding the John F. Kennedy assassination originated from this studio. 5th floor 6A The Dr. Oz Show A former home of Twenty One, The Tomorrow Show, Late Night with David Letterman, Late Night with Conan O'Brien, and NBC Radio Network programs from 1933 to the 1950s. 6A was the first 30 Rock studio to be converted for high definition television. 6th floor 6B Late Night with Jimmy Fallon Howdy Doody (1947–1960). Also the original home of The Tonight Show Starring Johnny Carson, The Tonight Show Starring Jack Paar and NBC Nightly News. Former home for the news studio for flagship station WNBC. 6th floor 6C NBC Digital Studios The current home of such web based shows as "The Untitled News Comedy Show", "Starstruck", and "A Big Life with Sissy Biggers". Was previously home to a small set for WNBC as well as WNBC's Master control.  6th floor 6E Global Media Insert Studios  Former home of Early Today and MSNBC secondly studio (Ed Show home and Breaking News coverage), called as "Newsnooks". This space was previously a portion of WNBC's Master Control. 6th floor 7E WNBC News/New York Nonstop The current home of the news studio for WNBC-TV, the network's flagship station. This studio is the newest studio in the building, being constructed inside an old conference room during 2008. 7th floor 8A (Unknown) A "Studio 8A" is marked on an official drawing of the 8th floor of the building. Judging by the surrounding area, this studio was likely used for audio recording. It's possible this studio was converted to television studio 8B. 8th floor 8B Decision 2010 Coverage This studio was used for coverage of the 2010 Midterm Elections. 8th floor 8G Football Night in America/NBC SportsDesk A former radio studio converted for Television use in 1948 and went on air April 22 of that year. Former home of The Phil Donahue Show, The Rosie O'Donnell Show, The Caroline Rhea Show, and The Jane Pauley Show, as well as the original Jeopardy! from 1964 to 1975. NBC Nightly News used this studio during the 2007 renovations of NBC News headquarters, except on some Sunday evenings where, due to football programming, the news was broadcast from Studio 1A. This studio has also been used for Decision 2008 and Decision 2010 election night coverage. 8th floor 8H Saturday Night Live Former home of Last Call with Carson Daly
Former home of Later with Bob Costas
Former home of the NBC Symphony Orchestra under Arturo Toscanini
Used for offsite coverage of the 2008 Summer Olympics
Used for the Live Show episode of 30 Rock
8th floor Exterior 30 Rock Exteriors of the building and scenes which are filmed on location are filmed outside GE Building as well as various other locations at Rockefeller Plaza. Interiors are filmed at Silvercup Studios in Long Island City, Queens. Ground
Some other New York originated programs are/were produced elsewhere in New York City, including:
- Colonial Theater, 1887 Broadway at 62nd Street (original version of The Price is Right hosted by Bill Cullen, 1953–1963; Colgate Comedy Hour) Demolished 1977.
- Hudson Theatre, 141 W. 44th Street (Tonight hosted by Steve Allen, 1954–1957).
- Ziegfeld Theatre, 141 W. 54th Street at Sixth Avenue (The Perry Como Show, Concentration primetime 1961)). Demolished 1966.
- 67th Street Studios, 101 W. 67th Street (the Home show with Arlene Francis 1954-1957, Concentration primetime 1958), demolished 1995. The site is now 50-story Millennium Tower apartment building.
- Century Theater, 232 Seventh Avenue at 59th Street (Caesar's Hour with Sid Caesar, 1954–1957).
- Brooklyn Studios* (now JC Studios), 1268 E. 14th Street in Midwood, Brooklyn (many 1950s color "Spectaculars" such as The Esther Williams Aqua Special,Peter Pan; it is also where The Perry Como Show (1960's), Mitch Miller Show (1960's), The Sammy Davis Jr. Show (1960s), Hullabaloo (1965–1966), Kraft Music Hall, The Cosby Show, and Another World were produced. It was the home of CBS's soap opera As the World Turns until the series ceased production in 2010. (The silent film-era Vitagraph Studios was located directly across E. 14th Street. That property is now occupied by the Shulamith School for Girls.)
- International Theater, 5 Columbus Circle (Admiral Broadway Review 1949). Demolished 1954.
- Ambassador Theater, 215 W. 49th Street. Now a theatre presenting Broadway shows.
- Center Theater, 1236 Sixth Avenue at 49th Street (Texaco Star Theater with Milton Berle; Your Show of Shows, 1950–1954). Demolished 1954.
- Uptown Studios (now Metropolis Studios), 105 E. 106th Street at Park Avenue.
- NBC Universal Network Organization Center, in Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey (home of CNBC and CNBC World)
- New Amsterdam Roof Theater, 214 W. 42nd Street.
- WNBC-TV's LX: NY is produced in nearby 75 Rockefeller Plaza.
- *Equipped for color production.
Most of these facilities are no longer used by NBC.
- ^ NBC Tour: NBC Studio Tour - Official NBC Universal Store
- ^ http://www.wnbc.com/station/1169359/detail.html
- ^ 'Rock Center with Brian Williams' to premiere this season on NBC
- ^ http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540/vp/44626266#44626266
- ^ a b Barmash, Jerry (October 19, 2011). "WNBC/Channel 4 Making the Move to Nightly News Studio". FishbowlNY. http://www.mediabistro.com/fishbowlny/wnbcchannel-4-making-the-move-to-nightly-news-studio_b44984. Retrieved October 19, 2011.
- ^ http://www.eyesofageneration.com/Archives_NBC_ND8G.php
- ^ http://www.eyesofageneration.com/Archives_NBC_ND8G.php "It is approximately three times as large as 3H, the studio out of which NBC Television has been operating since 1935."
- ^ http://nbcny.filmmakersdestination.com/sites/default/files/3Kdiagram.gif
- ^ http://www.flickr.com/photos/dennisdegan/557867573/
- ^ NewscastStudio Blog | Blog Archive | Cracking the case: MSNBC green screen | A blog about television news set design, news music, news graphics package design and television ...
- ^ Interview with Herb Stempel ().
- ^ http://www.flickr.com/photos/dennisdegan/515349913/
- ^ http://www.flickr.com/photos/dennisdegan/557975983/in/set-72157600550234281
- ^ http://broadcastengineering.com/news/wnbc-struggles-transform-news-operation-1027/
- ^ http://nbcny.filmmakersdestination.com/sites/default/files/8Gdiagram.gif
- ^ http://www.flickr.com/photos/nbc_news/5141541063/in/set-72157626081757325
- ^ http://www.eyesofageneration.com/Archives_NBC_ND8G.php
NBCUniversal LLC Company OfficialsBoard of DirectorsSenior Corporate Executives Universal Studios Universal Parks & Resorts Broadcast TV assets NBCUniversal
Television NetworksComcast Networks
CNBC global channels CNBC Europe branches CNBC Asia branches Universal Networks
Syfy global channels NBCUniversal Television Group NBC O&Os Telemundo O&Os ShopNBC O&Os Internet ventures: Other assets: Defunct properties: See also:
- ^ Co-owned with Dentsu.
- ^ 50%, with Viacom's Paramount Pictures.
- ^ Combined operation with InterMedia Partners.
- ^ a b c Co-owned with Blackstone Group and Bain Capital.
- ^ Co-owned with Corus Entertainment and Cookie Jar Group.
- ^ Co-owned with Mediaset.
- ^ a b The stations are co-owned with LIN TV in a joint venture (76% owned by NBC, 24% owned by LIN).
- ^ a b c The stations are owned by NBCUniversal, but are controlled by ZGS Broadcast Holdings.
- ^ Co-owned with News Corporation and The Walt Disney Company.
- ^ Co-owned with Microsoft in a joint venture (82% owned by NBC, 18% owned by Microsoft).
- ^ Co-owned with Corus Entertainment, Classic Media, Nelvana, Scholastic Books and ION Media Networks.
The Tonight Show Hosts Announcers/sidekicks Tonight Show BandLeno era (Eubanks) • O'Brien era (Weinberg) • Leno era (Minor) Bandleaders Taping locations Prime-time spinoffs Recurring sketches Production companies Related articles
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
См. также в других словарях:
New York (New York) — New York City Spitzname: The Big Apple Satellitenbild New York Citys … Deutsch Wikipedia
New York (New York) — New York Pour les articles homonymes, voir New York (homonymie). Ville de New York … Wikipédia en Français
NBC Studios (Burbank) — The NBC Studios in Burbank California is located at 3000 West Alameda Avenue in the Los Angeles suburb of Burbank, just a few miles northeast of the Hollywood area. It is one of three facilities owned by the network in America, the other studios… … Wikipedia
New York City — This article is about the city. For other uses, see New York City (disambiguation). New York, New York and NYC redirect here. For other uses, see New York, New York (disambiguation) and NYC (disambiguation). New York City … Wikipedia
NBC Studios — was also a previous name for NBC s production division, which is now Universal Media Studios, formerly NBC Universal Television Studio. NBC Studios are the two television studio facilities belonging to the National Broadcasting Company, with one… … Wikipedia
NBC New York Nonstop — Launched March 9, 2009 Owned by NBCUniversal Picture format Widescreen 480i (SDTV) Slogan Discovering the Heart of NY Country … Wikipedia
NBC Studios — era también un nombre anterior para la división de producción de la NBC, que ahora es Universal Media Studios, anteriormente NBC Universal Television Studio. The NBC Studios son los dos centros de estudio de televisión que pertenece a la National … Wikipedia Español
New York (Stadt) — New York City Spitzname: The Big Apple Satellitenbild New York Citys … Deutsch Wikipedia
New York City — Spitzname: The Big Apple … Deutsch Wikipedia
New York Undercover — Season 1–3 intertitle Also known as Uptown Undercover Genre Crime drama … Wikipedia