- Mysore Road Satellite Bus Station
Coordinates: Mysore Road Satellite Bus Station, popularly known as MCTC, is one of the six major bus stations that serve as bus transport hubs for the city of Bangalore, India. It is located on Mysore road near the Gopalan Mall. The other five major bus stations (also known as "Terminals") in Bangalore are Majestic, K.R Market, Shivajinagar, Shantinagar and Banashankari. All buses bound toward Kerala and Tamil Nadu through Mysore start from this bus stand. It started functioning in 2005.
Location and connectivity
MCTC is located near Gopalan mall on Mysore Road. This bus stand has a separate area for out station buses, a depot and separate bays for BMTC buses. It is well connected to other city suburbs like Vijayanagar, Jayanagar, Bengaluru International Airport, Majestic, K.R Market, Shantinagar, Kengeri, Bidadi, Magadi Road, Nagarbhavi, and Peenya 2nd stage by bus.
- ^ "KSRTC satellite bus terminal to be opened for use on August 28". The Hindu (Chennai, India). 19 August 2005. http://www.hindu.com/2005/08/19/stories/2005081921090400.htm. Retrieved 21 March 2010.
- ^ Shwetha, S (15 July 2009). "Bussing from satellite stands". Daily News and Analysis. http://www.dnaindia.com/bangalore/report_bussing-from-satellite-stands_1274195. Retrieved 21 March 2010.
- ^ "Work on new bus terminus to begin by May". The Hindu. 10 February 2003. http://www.hinduonnet.com/2003/02/01/stories/2003020107700300.htm. Retrieved 21 March 2010.
- ^ "KSRTC calls for tenders for bus terminus". The Hindu. 24 April 2003. http://www.hinduonnet.com/2003/04/24/stories/2003042404390400.htm. Retrieved 21 March 2010.
- ^ Rao, Geetha (29 March 2006). "NEW WHEELS, NEW DIRECTIONS". Times of India. http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/bangalore-times/NEW-WHEELS-NEW-DIRECTIONS-/articleshow/1469908.cms?flstry=1. Retrieved 21 March 2010.
- ^ "KSRTC services from satellite station today". Deccan Herald. 20 November 2005. http://archive.deccanherald.com/Content/Apr92008/scroll2008040961698.asp. Retrieved 21 March 2010.
This article about transport in India is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.