- Museums at Night (UK)
Museums at Night is an annual weekend of late openings, sleepovers and special events taking place in museums, galleries, libraries, archive and heritage sites all over the UK. It is affiliated with the Nuit des Musées programme across Europe. It takes place on the weekend before International Museum Day, May 18th, and in 2011 will run across the weekend of Friday 13th - Sunday 15th May 2011.
For Museums at Night weekend 2009, cultural and heritage venues in the UK staged 157 events, attracting over 34,000 visitors.
Museums at Night weekend sees combined cultural and heritage programmes offered by multiple organisations in many UK cities, including Stockport, Bath, Dorchester, Norwich, Liverpool and NewcastleGateshead.
- ^ "Museums at Night homepage". Culture24. http://www.culture24.org.uk/museumsatnight. Retrieved 16 June 2010.
- ^ "Nuit des Musées website". http://nuitdesmusees.culture.fr/index.php?l=GBR. Retrieved 16 June 2010.
- ^ "International Museum Day". international Council of Museums. http://icom.museum/imd.html. Retrieved 16 June 2010.
- ^ "Museums at Night 2009 Evaluation Report". Culture24. 24 July 2009. http://www.culture24.org.uk/sector+info/campaigns/art70421. Retrieved June 18, 2010.
- ^ "Culturefeast: Museums at Night". Visit Stockport website. http://www.visit-stockport.com/stockport_festivals_culturefeast_museums.asp. Retrieved 18 June 2010. [dead link]
- ^ "Museums at Night 2010". The Roman Baths, Bath website. http://www.romanbaths.co.uk/whats_on/news/press_releases_2010/museums_at_night.aspx. Retrieved 18 June 2010.
- ^ "Dorchester Museums at Night Success". DorchesterDorset.com blog. 18 May 2010. http://www.dorchesterdorset.com/blog/news/dorchester-museums-at-night-success/. Retrieved 18 June 2010.
- ^ "Museums at Night". Heritage City website. Norwich HEART. http://www.heritagecity.org/projects/museums-at-night.htm. Retrieved 18 June 2010.
- ^ Ian Jackson (16 April 2010). "Liverpool Light Night - Friday 14 May 2010". Art in Liverpool blog. http://www.artinliverpool.com/blog/2010/04/liverpool-light-night-friday-14-may-2010/. Retrieved 18 June 2010.
- ^ "The Late Shows". http://www.thelateshows.org.uk/home.html. Retrieved 18 June 2010.
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Night of museums and galleries (Plovdiv) — Contents 1 Long Night of Museums 2 The Plovdiv Night’ 3 Participants 4 Art 5 Audience … Wikipedia
Night at the Museum: Battle of the Smithsonian — Promotional poster Directed by Shawn Levy … Wikipedia
Night at the Museum — Promotional poster Directed by Shawn Levy Produced by … Wikipedia
Night Train to Rigel — Author(s) Timothy Zahn Country … Wikipedia
Museums in Basel — Directional signs for Basel area museums. The Basel museums encompass a series of museums in the city of Basel, Switzerland, and the neighboring region. They represent a broad spectrum of collections with a marked concentration in the fine arts… … Wikipedia
Night fighter — A Lichtenstein radar equipped German Bf 110G 4 night fighter at the Royal Air Force Museum London at the Hendon Aerodrome. A night fighter (also known as all weather fighter or all weather interceptor for a period of time post World War II[ … Wikipedia
Night at the Museum — Filmdaten Deutscher Titel: Nachts im Museum Originaltitel: Night at the Museum Produktionsland: USA Erscheinungsjahr: 2006 Länge: 105 Minuten Originalsprache: Englisch … Deutsch Wikipedia
MUSEUMS — In her entry on museums for the 1948 Universal Jewish Encyclopedia the eminent historian of Jewish art Rachel Bernstein Wischnitzer (1885–1989), founding curator of the Jewish Museum in Berlin, cited the origin of collecting and exhibiting of… … Encyclopedia of Judaism
Night photography — The Night Sky Photographed facing north at 6600ft in the Mt Hood National Forest … Wikipedia
Night Safari, Singapore — This article is about zoo in Singapore. For other places, see Night Safari. Night Safari The World s First Date opened May 26, 1994 Location Singapore L … Wikipedia