- Hades (disambiguation)
Hades may mean:
- Hades, ancient Greek abode of the dead (the underworld) and the god of that place
- Hades in Christianity, according to the New Testament the place where the dead will be. See also Sheol.
- Hell in Christian beliefs, In the New Testament, was written in the Greek language, Hades was not often used as a synonym for hell, but since the Middle Ages, has often been taken as a synonym for hell.
- HADES (software), a signal processing system
- Hades, a utility library for work with Data Access Objects. It is implemented using the Spring Framework and the Java Persistence API.
- Hades Simulation Framework, the Hamburg Design System, a framework for interactive simulation. The Java based software consists of a graphical editor, the discrete-event based simulation engine(s), libraries of simulation components, a design and library browser, and tools like waveform viewer and scripting shell.
- Hades Almighty, a black metal band
- Hades Records, a record label
- A song by Finnish melodic death metal band Kalmah, from their 2000 album Swamplord
- A song by Japanese rock band Dir en grey from their EP Six Ugly
- Hades (DC Comics), a foe of Wonder Woman
- Hades (Honorverse), a fictional maximum security prison in the David Weber's Honorverse
- Hades (Disney), the villain from the 1997 Disney film Hercules
- The Gray Wastes of Hades, also known as Hades, a Dungeons and Dragons plane
- A hypothetical planet used in Uranian astrology
- Hades (The Hills Have Eyes) a character from The Hills Have Eyes series of films
- Hades (Saint Seiya), the Greek god Hades as used as a character in the Saint Seiya ficitonal scenario
- Hades Nebula, a videogame
- Acheron Hades, foe of Thursday Next from the books of Jasper Fforde.
- A neutron star in the Delta Pavonis system in the novel Revelation Space by Alastair Reynolds.
- Hades Fairy Tail Anime, guild master of Grimoire Heart and former second master of Fairy Tail Guild.
- Hades (butterfly), a genus of metalmark butterflies from Central America
- Hades (moon), an informal name from 1955 to 1975 for Jupiter IX: it is now called Sinope
- Hadès (missile), a French nuclear ballistic missile system
- Lena Hades (Лена Хейдиз), a Russian artist
- Hades (roller coaster), a roller coaster at Mt. Olympus Water & Theme Park
- The word "hades" may be one syllable, being a form of the verb and noun "to hade", which is a miners' term for the way that a geologic fault has slipped, or in geology the angle of inclination from the vertical of a vein (geology), fault, or lode
This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Hades — For other uses, see Hades (disambiguation). Hades … Wikipedia
Hades (The Hills Have Eyes) — For other uses, see Hades (disambiguation) Hades is a fictional character in the remakes of The Hills Have Eyes series of film; Hades appears as the main villain of the film The Hills Have Eyes 2 and as a main character in the graphic novel ,… … Wikipedia
Stygian (disambiguation) — The word Stygian as an adjective, usually refers to the River Styx of the underworld Hades. It may also refer to:*Stygian Owl, a species of owlee also*Styx River (disambiguation) *Styx (disambiguation) … Wikipedia
Ares (disambiguation) — Ares or ARES may refer to:Mythology* Ares, the Greek god of war and violence.Computer software* Ares Galaxy, a peer to peer (p2p) file sharing program * Ares (computer game). published by Ambrosia Software, as well as the title ship in the game.… … Wikipedia
Acheron (disambiguation) — Acheron may refer to:*Acheron, a river in Greece, believed in ancient Greek mythology to branch into the underwor *Acheron River, Marlborough, a river in New Zealand *Acheron River, Canterbury, another river in New Zealand *Acheron (band), a… … Wikipedia
Agesander (disambiguation) — Agesander (or Agesandros or Hagesander or Hagesandros) can refer to more than one thing: *Agesander of Rhodes, one of the sculptors of the celebrated Laocoön and his Sons *Agesander (Hades), an epithet of the Greek god Hades … Wikipedia
Agesilaus (disambiguation) — Agesilaus (Gr. polytonic|Ἀγησίλαος) can have a number of meanings: *Agesilaus I, 6th Agiad king of Sparta *Agesilaus II, 18th Eurypontid king of Sparta, brother of Agis II *Agesilaus, Spartan general, brother to Agis III, 20th Eurypontid king of… … Wikipedia
Pandora (disambiguation) — Pandora may refer to: Pandora, the Greek mythological woman, as well as her granddaughter Pandora II.People * Pandora (singer), a Swedish eurodance artist * Pandora (musical group), a Mexican music group * A pseudonym of Stefania Zahorska, Polish … Wikipedia
Hypnos (disambiguation) — Hypnos may refer to:* Hypnos, the personification of sleep in Greek mythology. * Hypnos , a genus of electric rays in the family Torpedinidae. * Hypnos (short story), a short story by H. P. Lovecraft. * One of Hades minions in the anime Saint… … Wikipedia
Also sprach Zarathustra (disambiguation) — Also sprach Zarathustra (German: thus spoke Zarathustra ) may refer to:* Thus Spoke Zarathustra , a book by Friedrich Nietzsche * Also sprach Zarathustra (Richard Strauss), an orchestral piece by Richard Strauss * A cycle of paintings by Lena… … Wikipedia