- Moravia IT
Moravia IT Type Private Industry Translation
Founded 1990 Headquarters Brno, Czech Republic Key people Kateřina Janků and Arturo Quintero, (Cofounders)
Tomáš Kratochvíl, (CEO)
Revenue $42.7 million USD (2010) Employees 458 (2010) Website www.moraviaworldwide.com
Moravia IT is a company based in Brno, Czech Republic that provides translation, localization and testing services. It has over 450 employees worldwide and 8 offices in the US, Ireland, Japan, China, Argentina, Hungary and Czech Republic.
The legal entity name is Moravia IT a.s. Since 2003 the company does business internationally under the brand name of Moravia Worldwide. The company is fully owned by MORAVIA TRANSLATIONS a.s., which is also incorporated in Brno, Czech Republic.
About Moravia IT
The company has grown organically, and has consistently ranked among the 20 largest language services providers globally according to the independent market research company Common Sense Advisory, since the ranking's inception in 2004. In 2011, it ranked as the 19th largest language services company globally, the 10th largest in Europe, and the largest one from Eastern Europe.
The company has three regional production centers in Brno (Czech Republic), Nanjing (China) and Rosario (Argentina). These are supported by local offices and production centers, and a global network of translators and translation partners.
Moravia IT has invested into the area of machine translation. It is member of the Translation Automation Users Society (TAUS) and has become a founding member of the TAUS Data Association (TDA).
The company's co-founder, Kateřina Janků (née Forstingerová), was named the first-ever Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year in Czech Republic in 2000.
Moravia IT is member of the Globalization and Localization Association (GALA), and its employees have served in the GALA Board of Directors.
The parent company, MORAVIA TRANSLATIONS a.s., was founded in 1990 in Brno, Czech Republic, shortly after the fall of the Berlin Wall in Germany and the Velvet Revolution in then Czechoslovakia, which brought changes in the country that allowed private businesses. The founders were Rudolf Forstinger and Eva Forstingerová, life-long translators.
The company started originally as a translation agency. By 2000, most of the revenues were coming from specialized translation, software localization and testing services. As a result, a daughter company Moravia IT a.s. was established to fully focus on these services. MORAVIA TRANSLATIONS a.s. continues to operate as a translation agency.
Until 2000, the company was focused on providing language services primarily into Central and Eastern European languages, and had established operations in Czech Republic, Poland, Hungary and Slovakia. Since then, it has expanded to offer over 120 global languages. In 2001, the company opened its first US office (now located in Thousand Oaks, California), followed by an office in Dublin, Ireland in 2002. Soon afterwards, a presence in Nanjing, China was established.
In 2002, Moravia IT received Microsoft's prestigious Premier Vendor Status, which they have maintained since then. In 2003, the company re-launched under the new brand name of Moravia Worldwide.
Moravia IT was the first-ever company from Central and Eastern Europe to establish an office in Japan (Tokyo), in 2004. In 2006, the company opened a new regional operations center in Latin America, in Rosario, Argentina, to provide a full follow-the-sun production model. In the same year, an additional office in North America, in Kirland, Washington, was opened.
In February 2010, the company appointed Tomáš Kratochvíl as CEO, a promotion from his previous role as Managing Director. The company's co-founder, General Manager and CEO till then, Kateřina Janků, continues since to serve as Chairman of the Board of Directors.
Moravia IT provides language and language-related services that enable companies to enter international markets with localized products and services.
- Translation and localization: Multilingual content translation, language localization, multimedia and web localization services into over 120 languages. Specialty areas include translation of software, user assistance, websites, mobile devices and applications, and life-sciences specific materials such as patient information leaflets (PIL), packaging, labeling and clinical trials.
- Language services: Services for multilingual project delivery, including outsourced linguistic quality services, terminology management, multilingual DTP, project management, or internationalization.
- Language technology services: Technology-related services for efficient translation, localization and global product release, including process optimization, machine translation, multilingual website management, online translation portal and custom development services.
- Testing and engineering: Testing services covering the range of tests and verifications that a product needs to undergo before its international release, including localization and internationalization testing, linguistic testing, test automation, functional testing, software localization engineering, test planning, test tools development and overall quality assurance consultancy.
The key vertical markets served are IT and high-tech, online services, life sciences (medical devices, pharmaceuticals and clinical trials), telecommunications, industrial manufacturing and consumer electronics.
Approximately 75% of Moravia IT's revenue comes from Fortune 500 companies. The company's customers include:
- 5 out of the 8 Fortune 1000 computer software companies
- 4 out of the 7 Fortune 1000 computer hardware manufacturers
Awards and honors
- Consistently ranked among the 20 largest language services providers globally according to Common Sense Advisory, since the ranking's inception in 2004
- Microsoft Premier Vendor since 2002
- In Europe's 500 Listing of Fastest Growing Companies for 2007
- In Deloitte's Technology Fast 50 in Central Europe for 2006
- "Best Company According to the Globally Recognized D&B Standards" award in 2005
- Moravia's co-founder, Kateřina Janků (née Forstingerová), Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year 2000
- ^ The Top 50 Language Service Providers, May 2011
- ^ Moravia Worldwide as TAUS Member
- ^ Moravia Worldwide becomes founding member of the TAUS Data Association (TDA)
- ^ GALA Announces 2010-2011 Board Members
- ^ Prime Minister Congratulates Moravia Worldwide on Bold Asian Business Strategy
- ^ Moravia Worldwide Opens New Production Center in Latin America
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
См. также в других словарях:
MORAVIA — (Czech Morava, Ger. Maehren, Heb. ,ןרהרמןיררעמ), historic region of the Czech Republic (formerly in czechoslovakia ). A political unit from around 769, it formed the nucleus of the Great Moravian Empire (first half of the ninth century until 906) … Encyclopedia of Judaism
Moravia — • Austrian crown land east of Bohemia Catholic Encyclopedia. Kevin Knight. 2006. Moravia Moravia † … Catholic encyclopedia
Moravia — steht für: Mähren, lateinische Bezeichnung in historischen Kontext KFNB – Moravia, österreichische Lokomotive, siehe KFNB – Austria und Moravia das Dampfschiff Moravia (1883) von HAPAG Moravia (Bier) Personen namens Moravia: Alberto Moravia… … Deutsch Wikipedia
MORAVIA (A.) — Consacré très jeune par le public, mais longtemps boudé par la critique, Moravia est aujourd’hui reconnu comme un des principaux romanciers italiens contemporains. Tributaire des grands maîtres de la littérature européenne plus que de tel ou tel… … Encyclopédie Universelle
Moravia — (Morava en idioma checo) es una de las tres partes que conforman la República Checa, junto con Bohemia y la Silesia checa. Limita al O con Bohemia, al S con Austria (estado de Baja Austria), al SE, E y NE con las regiones eslovacas de Trnava,… … Enciclopedia Universal
Moravia — est un patronyme qui désigne plusieurs personnalités récentes et personnages historiques. Alberto Moravia (né le 28 novembre 1907 à Rome et mort le 26 septembre 1990 dans la même ville), fut un écrivain italien. Charles Moravia (1875 1938), poète … Wikipédia en Français
Moravia — Moravia, NY U.S. village in New York Population (2000): 1363 Housing Units (2000): 592 Land area (2000): 1.718719 sq. miles (4.451462 sq. km) Water area (2000): 0.003917 sq. miles (0.010145 sq. km) Total area (2000): 1.722636 sq. miles (4.461607… … StarDict's U.S. Gazetteer Places
Moravia — (Krzanowice,Польша) Категория отеля: Адрес: ul. Cegielniana 3, 47 470 Krzanowice, Польша … Каталог отелей
Moravia, IA — U.S. city in Iowa Population (2000): 713 Housing Units (2000): 332 Land area (2000): 1.157821 sq. miles (2.998743 sq. km) Water area (2000): 0.001104 sq. miles (0.002859 sq. km) Total area (2000): 1.158925 sq. miles (3.001602 sq. km) FIPS code:… … StarDict's U.S. Gazetteer Places
Moravia, NY — U.S. village in New York Population (2000): 1363 Housing Units (2000): 592 Land area (2000): 1.718719 sq. miles (4.451462 sq. km) Water area (2000): 0.003917 sq. miles (0.010145 sq. km) Total area (2000): 1.722636 sq. miles (4.461607 sq. km) FIPS … StarDict's U.S. Gazetteer Places