- Monywa Institute of Economics
Monywa Institute of Economics မုံရွာ စီးပွားရေး တက္ကသိုလ် Established 28 September 1998 Type Public Rector Aung Myint Undergraduates 2100 (2002) Postgraduates 200 (2002) Location Zalokkwin, Monywa, Sagaing Region, Myanmar Campus Monywa Affiliations Ministry of Education
The Monywa Institute of Economics (Burmese: မုံရွာ စီးပွားရေး တက္ကသိုလ်, pronounced [mòuɴjwà síbwájé tɛʔkəθò]), located in Monywa, Sagaing Region, is one of three universities of economics and business in Myanmar. The institute offers undergraduate and graduate degrees and diplomas, mostly in commerce, statistics and economics. It also has a small stable of graduate degree programs, including a full-time MBA program.
Until the founding of the Monywa Institute of Economics in September 1998, the Yangon Institute of Economics was the only university of economics and business school in Myanmar. The institute came into being at a time when most universities and colleges in Myanmar had been shut down by the military government since December 1996, following student demonstrations in Yangon. The school closures were part of a series of multi-year school closures throughout the 1990s, following the nationwide uprising against the military government in 1988 that were initiated by the university students in Yangon.
The founding of MIE is widely believed to be part of the government's wider program to disperse college students away from the established universities and their city center locations to more isolated remote locations.
The institute mainly offers bachelor's degree and undergraduate diploma programs. Regular bachelor's degree programs take three years and Honors programs take four years. The master's programs take two years. The institute's Human Resource Development (HRD) Center offers undergraduate diploma and certificate programs in Accountancy, Basic Applied Economics, Advanced Applied Economics, Applied Information Technology, etc.
Program Bachelor's Master's Doctoral Accountancy BEcon N/A N/A Applied Economics N/A N/A N/A Business Administration BBA MBA N/A Commerce BCom MCom Development Studies N/A MEcon Economics BEcon MEcon Management Studies N/A MEcon Population Studies BEcon. N/A N/A Public Administration BPA MPA N/A Statistics BEcon MEcon
The Master of Business Administration (MBA) Program is offered in English by the Department of Management Studies. The two-year program consists of eight quarters (semesters). Three four-credit courses are offered in each quarter. To complete the MBA, the candidates must take 24 courses to obtain the required 96 credit units.
Reflecting the relatively undeveloped business environment in Myanmar, the MBA degree offered is only in general management. No other majors such as accounting, finance or banking are available.
- ^ Thaung Nyunt. "Monywa Institute of Economics". Monywa.org. http://www.monywa.org/UTaungNyunt.htm. Retrieved 2008-12-31.
- ^ "Secretary-1 attends dinner hosted by MBA graduate". The New Light of Myanmar. 2002-11-18. http://www.myanmar.gov.mm/NLM-2002/enlm/Nov18_region1.html.
- ^ "Myanmar university classes resume for 1st time in 3 years". Kyodo News International. 2000-07-31. http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0WDP/is_/ai_63803917.
- ^ Development of Education in Myanmar. Ministry of Education, Myanmar. September 2004. http://www.ibe.unesco.org/International/ICE47/English/Natreps/reports/myanmar_ocr.pdf.
- ^ "MBA Programme Design". http://www.elearning.edu.mm/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=26&Itemid=48. Retrieved 2008-11-22.
- ^ May Thanda Win (2004-10-11). Myanmar businesses still learning the value of MBAs. The Myanmar Times. http://www.myanmar.com/myanmartimes/MyanmarTimes12-237/022.htm.
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Meiktila Institute of Economics — မိတ္ထီလာ စီးပွားရေး တက္ကသိုလ် Motto … Wikipedia
Monywa — မုံရွာမြို့ Monywa … Wikipedia
List of Burma-related articles — Articles (arranged alphabetically) related to Burma include: compactTOC20 9.bu .mm 13 Carat Diamond and Other Stories (.) 1991 Bangladesh cyclone (.) 2007 Burmese anti government protests 8888 Uprising (. .)AAchang (. . . . . . . . . . .)… … Wikipedia
Grottentempel — Ajanta in Maharashtra, Indien Kapelle mit Buddhastatue in Ajanta (Höhle 1) Höhlentempel sind in den Felsen gehauene oder in einer natürlichen Höhle angelegte unterir … Deutsch Wikipedia
Höhlentempel — Ajanta in Maharashtra, Indien Kapelle mit Buddhastatue in Ajanta (Höhle 1) Höhlentempel sind in den Felsen gehauene oder in einer natürlichen Höhle angelegte unterir … Deutsch Wikipedia
Höhlentempel in Asien — Ajanta in Maharashtra, Indien Kapelle mit Buddh … Deutsch Wikipedia