- Monte Pittman
Monte Pittman Background information Birth name Monte Lee Pittman Also known as Montster Born 19 November 1975 Origin Longview, Texas, USA Genres Rock
Occupations Musician, Singer, Songwriter Instruments Guitar, Bass, Vocals Years active 1996 – Present Associated acts Madonna, Prong, Adam Lambert Website Official Site
Monte Pittman (born Monte Lee Pittman on November 19, 1975 in Longview, Texas) is an American musician, songwriter and studio musician, based out of Los Angeles, known largely as Madonna's long-time guitarist but has quite a diverse professional resume, including stints that range from glam-pop star Adam Lambert to metal legends Prong.
Pittman started playing guitar as a teenager. His guitar teacher was Robert Browning. He also took music theory and piano lessons from Delores Rhoads.
Pittman’s first band was called Insanity, but the project was short-lived. Eventually Pittman and the singer from Insanity, Chris Sheehan, started the 4-piece Myra Mains which was much more successful, releasing 2 demo tapes and 2 full album CDs. Headquartered in Longview, TX, Myra Mains Had fans from Dallas to Shreveport and all over East Texas.
Pittman moved to Los Angeles in 1999 and worked at a guitar store as a salesman. He eventually quit to start teaching guitar lessons. Pittman’s third student was British film director Guy Ritchie, who had just received a guitar as a gift from his girlfriend, Madonna. Ritchie later returned the favor, buying Madonna her own guitar—and she began to take lessons from Pittman as well.
A month after Pittman started giving guitar lessons to Madonna, he was invited to join her on stage at the David Letterman Late Show to promote her album Music. The pair played guitar together on an acoustic version of the hit song Don't Tell Me. Subsequently, Pittman was invited to join the band for Madonna’s Drowned World Tour (2001). He has played in every incarnation of Madonna’s live band since then.
Additionally, Pittman has contributed performances to Madonna’s studio recordings, appearing on 2005’s Confessions on a Dance Floor (Like It Or Not) and 2008’s Hard Candy (Spanish Lesson & Ring My Bell).
Pittman was introduced to Prong’s Tommy Victor by White Zombie drummer Ivan de Prume; the two hit it off, and Pittman joined Prong in 2000. He played guitar on their 2002 tour that spawned the live album 100% Live. Pittman handled guitar and bass duties for the 2003 album Scorpio Rising.
On Prong’s 2007 release Power of the Damager, Pittman wrote 5 of the 13 songs and provided backing vocals alongside bass duties. He is also credited as an associate producer for both Power of the Damager and the remixed version Power of the Damn Mixxxer which was released on May 2009.
Previous to Adam Lambert's audition on American Idol, Pittman, Lambert, Tommy Victor from Prong and Steve Sidelnyk formed a band entitled The Citizen Vein. For the promo tour of Adam Lambert's debut album, Lambert hired Pittman as his guitarist. Lambert and the band appeared on several TV shows as well as at the Gridlock New Year's Eve 2010 festival. Canada's Rock Star Weekly reviewed that "Pittman has a rock-god presence of his own, arising from his well-honed, skilled riffs that come from a connection of love and devotion to his instrument over a long and distinguished musical career" 
On June 2010 Pittman became the musical director, in addition to playing guitar for Lambert's Glam Nation Tour which toured North America, Singapore, Japan, Hong Kong, Philippines, Malaysia, New Zealand, Australia and Europe.
Pittman has been known to perform solo acoustic shows in between his responsibilities with Prong and Madonna. His debut solo album, The Deepest Dark, was released in November 2009 and features 11 songs all written by Pittman, except for The Circle which was co-written with Tommy Victor and Adam Lambert. All the songs are acoustic.
Almost a year after its digital release, due to popular demand, "The Deepest Dark" was re-released in hard copy CD, with 5 additional bonus tracks. 1 week later, it reached the #1 spot on the most selling albums (Acoustic genre) on CDBaby.com  and was #9 in the Top 10 Most Selling Albums on CDBaby for October 2010 
Pittman managed to raise $65,500 for his second solo album "Pain, Love & Destiny" through Kickstarter  with the help of his fans. He recorded the album in the summer of 2011 and Noah Shain produced it. The album features Kane Ritchotte on drums and Kelle Rhoads (Randy Rhoads's brother) on piano. It was released on October 3, 2011 
Pittman has developed into a fiercely capable musician-- equally able to hold his own in a giant pop stadium tour as in a dark and smoky club belting out brutal metal tunes. Pittman's solo work takes a giant detour from both of those avenues, venturing into melodic acoustic territory on his debut, and branching out into rock anthems.
Pittman has been seen using various guitars over the years, including Breedlove  and PRS but seems to have settled into using the Gibson Les Paul as his primary guitar. He has also been known to play Gibson SGs and he has a number of custom made Gibson electrics, acoustics, and basses—frequently specially-built for use in Madonna shows.
Pittman is endorsed by Orange Amplifiers.
Like most guitarists, Pittman’s effects change from show to show, but he has consistently employed the Roger Linn AdrenaLinn, the Emma DiscomBOBulator, and the Keeley Compressor. He has been known to use Eventide, Boss, MXR, Crybaby, Ernie Ball, Electro-Harmonix, Digitech, Line 6, Dunlop, VoiceLive 2 by TC-Helicon and Fishman effects pedals. He uses Seymour Duncan pickups in his Jarrell guitars, including his signature model MPS model.
- Pain, Love, & Destiny (2011)
- The Deepest Dark (With Bonus Tracks) (2010)
- The Deepest Dark (2009)
- Drowned World Tour (2001)
- American Life (2003)
- Re-Invention Tour (2004)
- Confessions on a Dance Floor (2005)
- I'm Going to Tell You a Secret (2006)
- Confessions Tour (2007)
- Hey You (single) (2007)
- Hard Candy (2008)
- It’s So Cool (2009) (Celebration bonus track)
- Sticky & Sweet Tour (2010)
- 100% Live (2002)
- Scorpio Rising (2003)
- The Vault (2005)
- Power of the Damager (2007)
- Power of the Damn Mixxxer (2009)
With Myra Mains
- Condition (1996)
- Buried (1999)
With other artists
- Melanie C – Reason (2003)
- Sophie Ellis Bextor – Shoot from the Hip (2003)
- Run Run Run – Endless Winter (2006)
- Run Run Run – Good Company EP (2007)
- Jes – Disconnect (2007)
- Nicki Richards – Nicki (2008) 
- In Extremo – Sängerkrieg (2008)
- Adam Lambert – Take One (2009)
- Steve Cooke – Radio (2010)
- Adam Lambert & Steve Cooke - Paramount Sessions (2011)
- Adam Lambert – Adam Lambert Acoustic Live (2010)
- Adam Lambert – Glam Nation Live (2011)
- ^ Spring Hill graduate performs at Live Earth. Nl.newsbank.com (2007-07-07). Retrieved on 2011-11-13.
- ^ Monte Pittman: The Texas Trail to Prong and Madonna. Bossus.com. Retrieved on 2011-11-13.
- ^ Madonna & Monte Pittman at the David Letterman Show. Youtube.com. Retrieved on 2011-11-13.
- ^ Breedlove Festival. breedlovemusic.com
- ^ Prong at Twisted Talent Concert. Twisted-talent.com. Retrieved on 2011-11-13.
- ^ Garry Sharpe-Young (2005) New Wave of American Heavy Metal (1st edition) ISBN 0-9582684-0-1
- ^ The Citizen Vein – Discover music, concerts, stats, & pictures at. Last.fm (2009-02-11). Retrieved on 2011-11-13.
- ^ Gridlock 2010 feat. Adam Lambert. Dose.clubzone.com. Retrieved on 2011-11-13.
- ^ Adam Lambert's Orchestra Of Glitz Welcomes 2010. rockstarweekly.com
- ^ Open Mic Night with Monte Pittman. Axestaticprocess.wordpress.com (2010-01-31). Retrieved on 2011-11-13.
- ^ Monte Pittman's solo album debut. Thezodiacshow.blogspot.com (2009-12-03). Retrieved on 2011-11-13.
- ^ The Deepest Dark to be re-released in hard copy CD[dead link]
- ^ The Deepest Dark reaches Top Acoustic Albums on CDBaby[dead link]
- ^ Top 10 CD Baby Albums: October 2010. Blog.discmakers.com (2010-11-01). Retrieved on 2011-11-13.
- ^ Top 5 Most Successful Kickstarter Music Campaigns. Montepittman.com (2011-08-10). Retrieved on 2011-11-13.
- ^ Monte's 2nd album release date. Montepittman.com (2011-08-07). Retrieved on 2011-11-13.
- ^ Breedlove Acoustics. Folkofthewood.com. Retrieved on 2011-11-13.
- ^ "Monte Pittman – Madonna". Orange Amplifiers. http://www.orangeamps.com/monte-pittman-madonna/. Retrieved 13 April 2011.
- ^ Monte Pittman's pedalboard. Axestaticprocess.wordpress.com (2009-08-02). Retrieved on 2011-11-13.
- ^ TC-Helicon Artists. Tc-helicon.com. Retrieved on 2011-11-13.
- ^ Fishman Artists. Fishman.com. Retrieved on 2011-11-13.
- ^ Nicki Richards ''Nicki'' Album Credits. Newsli.com (2009-02-25). Retrieved on 2011-11-13.
- Guitar guru helps get Madonna into the groove
- Madonna Makes Like Slash on Sticky and Sweet Tour
- Set-up interviews for Madonna's Guitarist on behalf of Orange Amps
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Monte Pittman — Monte Lee Pittman Datos generales Nacimiento 19 de noviembre de 1975 (35 años) … Wikipedia Español
Monte Kiffin — Sport(s) Football Current position Title Assistant head coach Team USC Conference … Wikipedia
Michael Pittman — No. Free Agent Running back Personal information Date of birth: August 14, 1975 (1975 08 14) (age 36) Pla … Wikipedia
Prong (band) — Infobox musical artist Name = Prong Img capt = Landscape = yes Background = group or band Origin = New York City, New York, United States Genre = Thrash metal, Crossover thrash, Groove metal, Industrial metal Years active = 1986 1997 2002 present … Wikipedia
Sticky \x26 Sweet Tour — Sticky Sweet Tour Saltar a navegación, búsqueda Para el álbum en vivo del tour, véase Sticky And Sweet: Live in Argentina. Sticky Sweet Tour Gira de Madonna … Wikipedia Español
Sticky & Sweet Tour — Para el video del concierto, véase Sticky Sweet Tour (álbum). Sticky Sweet Tour Gira de Madonna Lugar(es … Wikipedia Español
100% Live — Infobox Album | Name = 100% Live Type = Live Album Artist = Prong Released = October 2002 Recorded = 2002 Genre = Groove metal Hardcore punk Industrial rock Length = 1:00:03 Label = Locomotive Music Producer = Pat Regan Tommy Victor Reviews =… … Wikipedia
Drowned World Tour — The official poster for the Drowned World Tour, featuring the logo and symbols inspired by Arabic … Wikipedia
Confessions Tour — For the live album of the tour, see The Confessions Tour. Confessions Tour … Wikipedia
Confessions Tour — Cet article concerne la tournée. Pour l’album, voir The Confessions Tour. Confessions Tour Tournée de Madonna Début de la tournée 21 mai 2006 à Los Angeles … Wikipédia en Français