- List of domain name registrars
This is a list of the top ten
domain registrars ranked in order according to the [http://www.domaintools.com/internet-statistics/registrar-stats-2007.php statistics] compiled by Name Intelligence, Inc. Company names used in other rankings are also shown:
#INWW.com (a.k.a. Melbourne IT) [http://www.robtex.com/dns/inww.com.html] [http://www.domainavenue.com/mit.htm]
Schlund.de(d.b.a. 1&1 Internet AG)
Wild West Domains(Part of Go Daddy)
Moniker Online Services
DomainDiscount24(a.k.a. Key-Systems GmbH)
All the organizations that publish registrar rankings work from the same data sources: raw data released daily in the form of Registry
Zone files, from which are derived Domain name registry Whois, domain registrarWhois, and Domain name servers. The published rankings differ in which top-level domains ( TLDs) are used, and in the frequency of updates. Published rankings and reports include:
* About [http://www.domaintools.com/internet-statistics/registrar-stats.php once a year] , NameTools.com, operated by Name Intelligence, Inc., updates their [http://www.domaintools.com/internet-statistics/registrar-stats-2007.php rankings of ICANN-accredited registrars] . They include .com, .net, .org, .info, .biz, and .us in their totals.
* Monthly (but with approximately a three-month delay), ICANN posts [http://www.icann.org/tlds/monthly-reports/index.html reports] , created by the registries of thirteen TLDs, that list the number of domains under the sponsorship of each ICANN-accredited registrar.
* Weekly, WebHosting.info, operated by Directi, updates their [http://www.webhosting.info/registrars/top-registrars/global/ published numbers] . They state that they count “Total Domains” and do not specifically include or exclude any TLDs.
* Daily, RegistrarSTATS.com, operated by eNom, updates their [http://registrarstats.com/Public/RegistrarMarketShareMain.aspx published numbers] . They label their numbers as a “Domain Count” and do not list which TLDs are included.
* [http://www.robtex.com/dns/inww.com.html DNS lookup linking INWW.com to Melbourne IT]
* [http://www.domainavenue.com/mit.htm news item linking INWW.com to Melbourne IT]
* [http://www.registrarstats.com registrarstats.com (eNom's statistics site)]
* [http://www.domaintools.com/internet-statistics/registrar-stats.php Name Intelligence yearly updates]
* [http://www.domaintools.com/internet-statistics/registrar-stats-2007.php DomainTools (Name Intelligence's statistics site)]
* [http://www.webhosting.info/registrars/top-registrars/global/ WebHosting.info (Directi's statistics site)]
* [http://www.icann.org/registrars/accredited-list.html List of ICANN accredited registrars]
* [http://www.icannreport.com/ ICANN Report]
* [http://www.dailychanges.com/ Daily Changes]
* [http://www.domaintools.com/internet-statistics/ Daily Domain Counts per TLD]
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Domain name speculation — is the practice of identifying and registering or acquiring Internet domain names with the intent of selling them later for a profit. The main targets of domain name speculation are generic words which can be valuable for type in traffic and for… … Wikipedia
Domain name scams — are types of Intellectual property scams or confidence scams in which unscrupulous domain name registrars attempt to generate revenue by tricking businesses into buying, listing or converting a domain name. The Office of Fair Trading has outlined … Wikipedia
Domain name — A domain name is an identification string that defines a realm of administrative autonomy, authority, or control in the Internet. Domain names are formed by the rules and procedures of the Domain Name System (DNS). Domain names are used in… … Wikipedia
Domain name registrar — A domain name registrar is an organization or commercial entity, accredited by both ICANN and generic top level domain registry (gTLD) to sell gTLDs and/or by a country code top level domain (ccTLD) registry to sell ccTLDs; to manage the… … Wikipedia
Domain Name System — The Domain Name System (DNS) is a hierarchical distributed naming system for computers, services, or any resource connected to the Internet or a private network. It associates various information with domain names assigned to each of the… … Wikipedia
Domain name warehousing — is the common practice of registrars obtaining control of domain names with the intent to hold or “warehouse” names for their use and/or profit. Also see domain name front running and domain tasting, related business practices employed by… … Wikipedia
Domain-Name-System — (DNS) Familie: Internetprotokollfamilie Einsatzgebiet: Namensauflösung Ports: 53/UDP, 53/TCP DNS im TCP/IP‑Protokollstapel: Anwendung DNS Transport UD … Deutsch Wikipedia
Domain Name Server — Domain Name System (DNS) Familie: Internetprotokollfamilie Einsatzgebiet: Namensauflösung Ports: 53/UDP, 53/TCP DNS im TCP/IP‑Protokollstapel: Anwendung DNS Transport UD … Deutsch Wikipedia
Domain Name Service — Domain Name System (DNS) Familie: Internetprotokollfamilie Einsatzgebiet: Namensauflösung Ports: 53/UDP, 53/TCP DNS im TCP/IP‑Protokollstapel: Anwendung DNS Transport UD … Deutsch Wikipedia
Domain name front running — is the practice whereby a domain name registrar uses insider information to register domains for the purpose of re selling them or earning revenue via ads placed on the domain s landing page. By registering the domains, the registrar locks out… … Wikipedia