- M1 Limited
M1 Limited Type Public SGX: B2F Industry Telecommunications Founded August 1994 Headquarters Singapore Key people Karen Kooi Lee Wah (CEO),
Teo Soon Hoe (Chairman)
Revenue $781.6 million SGD (2009) Website M1 Homepage
M1 Limited (previously known as MobileOne) is a telecommunications company in Singapore. Launched in April 1997, it was Singapore's second mobile operator after SingTel and supervene by StarHub, Singapore's third mobile operator.
Founding shareholders, Keppel Telecoms (19.89%) and SPH Multimedia (13.84%), together with Telekom Malaysia (through its subsidiary, SunShare Investments Ltd, 29.51%) now jointly own 63.24% of M1. The rest are owned by institutional and public investors.
Products and services
M1 is one of the three major mobile-communications providers in Singapore. It offers a suite of mobile voice- and data-communication services over its 2G/3G/3.5G network, including international-call services to both mobile- and fixed-line customers. These include SMS, MMS, WAP, GPRS, 3G and more recently, 3.5G.
M1 also offers pre-paid mobile services under its M Card brand.
M1 offered GSM services to its customers upon its entry into the mobile-communications market in 1997. In 1998, M1 introduced CDMA as the second mobile network in Singapore. However, customers on the CDMA network were migrated onto its GSM network in 2001. This was due to the CDMA network spectrum being earmarked for 3G service developments.
M1 offers Vodafone products, a result of it being the official Singaporean partner of the Vodafone mobile community. However, on September 2011, Vodafone and M1 have decided to end their partnership on 1 January 2012.
M1 also offers wireless-broadband services in 2006, named M1 Broadband.
M1 offers fixed broadband services in 2008 August 4 under its M1 Broadband umbrella together which consists of Mobile Broadband.
- M1 started its Long Term Evolution (LTE) networks on 21 June, becoming the first mobile operator in South-east Asia, providing speeds of up to 75 Mbit/s at selected areas. Find out the current Areas of LTE Coverage here.
- Launching iPhone 4S on 28 October, alongside with SingTel and StarHub
- M1 has now joined in as one of the major RSP to provide Singapore's Next Gen Fibre Optics network of speeds up to 1Gbit/s.
- MobileOne Ltd rebranded as M1 Limited with a new logo
- Launches iPhone 4 alongside with SingTel and StarHub
- Launches iPhone 3GS, after SingTel
- Launches Singapore's first prepaid broadband service
- Launches Take3 free handset rental mobile plans
- Launches ADSL broadband after the complete acquisition of QALA Singapore Pte Ltd
- Enters the fixed broadband industry in Singapore on August 4, 2008. It is the fourth telecommunication company to enter the fixed broadband industry, after StarHub, SingNet and Pacnet.
- Customers of this fixed broadband service will connect to M1 broadband via StarHub Cable's open access network.
- Celebrated its 10th Anniversary
- Launched Singapore's first HSDPA broadband service, for internet connection up to 3.6 Mbit/s, everywhere in Singapore.
- Launched 3G with Singapore's first video-call price plan
- Introduced Singapore's only pre-paid card with free incoming calls
- On 31 August 2005, Telekom Malaysia and Khazanah Nasional have continued to raise their stake in MobileOne. SunShare Investments bought a total of 4.023 million shares on the open market over three trading days from Thursday last week. The purchases raised its stake in the mobile elecommunications services provider from 23.64 % to 24.04 %.
- Introduced new company motto - ‘1 Life. Live it’, in a new brand marketing promotion
- Partnered with Taiwanese pop group, 5566, to provide exclusive mobile content for customers
- Established POINT, Singapore's first music recognition service
- Joint venture with Google to offer Asia's first wireless image search for mobile phones
- Conducted trials for Push-to-Talk in July
- First in Singapore and among first in Asia to offer pre-paid customers direct dial when roaming
- Introduced Singapore's first sports-news service on MMS,
- Introduced Singapore's first MMS service for pre-paid cards
- M1 became a publicly-listed company in December
- M1 was the first operator in Singapore to launch MMS
ExternalGroup structure as at 31 October 2010
Wholly-owned subsidiariesCelcom · Hello Non wholly-owned subsidiaries Mobile phone companies of Singapore Singapore Press Holdings NewspapersThe Straits Times · The Sunday Times · The Business Times · The Business Times Weekend · The New Paper · The New Paper Sunday · Lianhe Zaobao · Lianhe Zaobao Sunday · Lianhe Wanbao · Shin Min Daily News · my paper · zbCOMMA · Thumbs Up · Berita Harian · Berita Minggu · Tamil Murasu · tabla! · TODAY (40%,joint management with MediaCorp) · SPH Magazines, Pte. Ltd.UW · 24:7 · Action Asia · Asia-Pacific Boating · AsiaSpa · China Boating · Eh! · Female · Female Brides · GameAxis Online · GameAxis/L33T · Glam · Golf Digest Singapore · Her World · Her World Brides · Home & Decor · HWM · ICON · ICON Moments · Jet Asia Pacific · LP Luxury Properties · Marie Claire · Men’s Health · Nuyou · Nuyou Time · People At The Peak · pHing · Polo · Seventeen · Shape · Simply Her · The Peak · The Peak Selections Domain · The Peak Selections Timepieces · Torque · www.hardwarezone.com · Young Parents · Young Parents Preschool Guide SPH Multimedia, Ltd. Outdoor AdvertisingSPH MediaBoxOffice The AsiaOne Network Search MarketingclickTRUE · ST701 Archived NewsNewsLINK · NewsPOST · NewsTRACK · NewsFEED Mobile and Call CentreBizFone · InfoLine · WireLess · Location-Based Advertising · Other BusinessesNumbers in parentheses indicate percentage of ownership
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Limited edition candy — Limited Edition (LE) candy is specialized candy manufactured for a limited time period, typically eight to twelve weeks. Limited edition as a candy marketing strategy was first used in 2003; by August 2005, more than 60 limited edition candy… … Wikipedia
Limited liability — is a concept whereby a person s financial liability is limited to a fixed sum, most commonly the value of a person s investment in a company or partnership with limited liability. A shareholder in a limited company is not personally liable for… … Wikipedia
limited partnership — see partnership Merriam Webster’s Dictionary of Law. Merriam Webster. 1996. limited partnership … Law dictionary
Limited Brands — Type Public (NYSE: LTD) Industry Apparel Founded 1963 … Wikipedia
Limited animation — is a process of making animated cartoons that do not follow a realistic approach. One of its major trademarks is the stylized design in all forms and shapes, which in the early days was referred to as modern design. The short cartoons and feature … Wikipedia
Limited — Lim‧i‧ted [ˈlɪmtd] adjective written abbreviation Ltd COMMERCE used after the name of a company to show that it is a limited liability company: • Perkins Slade Limited, a highly regarded insurance broking business * * * limited … Financial and business terms
limited liability partnership — see partnership Merriam Webster’s Dictionary of Law. Merriam Webster. 1996. limited liability partnership … Law dictionary
limited liability company — see company Merriam Webster’s Dictionary of Law. Merriam Webster. 1996. limited liability company … Law dictionary
limited — I adjective angustus, bounded, brevis, checked, circumscribed, circumscriptive, confined, confining, constricted, controlled, cramped, curbed, definite, enclosed, fixed, hampered, impeded, insular, narrow, parvus, prescribed, restrained,… … Law dictionary
Limited — can refer to:* A private company limited by shares, a specific kind of limited company in Commonwealth of Nations commercial law; often used as a suffix ( Mycompany, Limited or Mycompany, Ltd. ); formerly used for all limited companies. * A… … Wikipedia
Limited voting — is a voting system in which electors have fewer votes than there are positions available. The positions are awarded to the candidates who receive the most votes absolutely. In the special case in which the voter may vote for only one candidate… … Wikipedia