- Nalanda district
Location of Nalanda district in Bihar
State Bihar, India Administrative division Patna Headquarters Bihar Sharif Area 2,367 km2 (914 sq mi) Population 28,72,523 (2011) Population density 1,214 /km2 (3,140 /sq mi) Literacy 66.41 (M=77.11; F=54.76) Sex ratio 921 (2011) Lok Sabha Constituencies Nalanda Major highways NH 31, NH 82, NH 110 Official website
Nalanda district is a part of Patna Division.
Rivers: Phalgu, Mohane,Jirayan,Kumbhari
In 2006 the Ministry of Panchayati Raj named Nalanda one of the country's 250 most backward districts (out of a total of 640). It is one of the 36 districts in Bihar currently receiving funds from the Backward Regions Grant Fund Programme (BRGF).
Sub Divisions: 3 - Bihar Sharif, Rajgir, Hilsa
Blocks: 20 - Giriyak, Rahui, Noorsarai, Harnaut, Chandi (Nalanda), Islampur (Nalanda), Rajgir, Asthawan, Sarmera, Hilsa, Biharsharif, Ekangarsarai, Bena, Nagarnausa, Karai Parsarai, Silao, Parwalpur, Katrisarai, Bind, Tharthari
According to the 2011 census Nalanda district has a population of 2,872,523 , roughly equal to the nation of Jamaica or the US state of Kansas. This gives it a ranking of 134th in India (out of a total of 640). The district has a population density of 1,220 inhabitants per square kilometre (3,200 /sq mi) . Its population growth rate over the decade 2001-2011 was 21.18 %. Nalanda has a sex ratio of 921 females for every 1000 males, and a literacy rate of 66.41 %.
Flora and fauna
In 1978 Nalanda district became home to the Rajgir Wildlife Sanctuary, which has an area of 36 km2 (13.9 sq mi).
- ^ "83 districts under the Security Related Expenditure Scheme". IntelliBriefs. 2009-12-11. http://intellibriefs.blogspot.com/2009/12/naxal-menace-83-districts-under.html. Retrieved 2011-09-17.
- ^ Law, Gwillim (2011-09-25). "Districts of India". Statoids. http://www.statoids.com/yin.html. Retrieved 2011-10-11.
- ^ Srivastava, Dayawanti et al. (ed.) (2010). "States and Union Territories: Bihar: Government". India 2010: A Reference Annual (54th ed.). New Delhi, India: Additional Director General, Publications Division, Ministry of Information and Broadcasting (India), Government of India. pp. 1118-1119. ISBN 978-81-230-1617-7.
- ^ "Island Directory Tables: Islands by Land Area". United Nations Environment Program. 1998-02-18. http://islands.unep.ch/Tiarea.htm. Retrieved 2011-10-11. "Cornwall Island 2,358km2"
- ^ a b Ministry of Panchayati Raj (September 8, 2009). "A Note on the Backward Regions Grant Fund Programme". National Institute of Rural Development. http://www.nird.org.in/brgf/doc/brgf_BackgroundNote.pdf. Retrieved September 27, 2011.
- ^ a b c d e f "District Census 2011". Census2011.co.in. 2011. http://www.census2011.co.in/district.php. Retrieved 2011-09-30.
- ^ US Directorate of Intelligence. "Country Comparison:Population". https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/rankorder/2119rank.html. Retrieved 2011-10-01. "Jamaica 2,868,380 July 2011 est"
- ^ "2010 Resident Population Data". U. S. Census Bureau. http://2010.census.gov/2010census/data/apportionment-pop-text.php. Retrieved 2011-09-30. "Kansas 2,853,118"
- ^ Indian Ministry of Forests and Environment. "Protected areas: Bihar". http://oldwww.wii.gov.in/envis/envis_pa_network/index.htm. Retrieved September 25, 2011.
Patna district Lakhisarai district Jehanabad district Sheikhpura district Nalanda district Gaya district Nawada district Divisions and districts of Bihar, India Bhagalpur: Darbhanga: Kosi: Magadh: Munger: Patna: Purnia: Saran: Tirhut: Cities and towns in Patna Division Bhojpur district Buxar district Kaimur district Patna district Rohtas district Nalanda district See alsoPatna division topics Cities and towns
in other Divisions
Patna division topics General Districts Rivers Dams, barragesIndrapuri Barrage Transport Lok Sabha constituencies See alsoCities and towns in Patna Division • People from Patna • People from Rhotas district • Bihar topics Other DivisionsBhagalpur • Darbhanga • Kosi • Magadh • Munger • Purnia • Saran • Tirhut
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Nalanda (disambiguation) — Nalanda can refer to: Nalanda University, an ancient seat of Buddhist learning in India. Nalanda International University is a proposed university near the ruins of Nalanda, Bihar Nalanda Open University is a university at Patna in Bihar state in … Wikipedia
Nalanda (Lok Sabha constituency) — Nalanda Lok Sabha constituency (Hindi: नालन्दा लोक सभा निर्वाचन क्षेत्र) is one of the 40 Lok Sabha (parliamentary) constituencies in Bihar state in eastern India. Contents 1 Assembly segments 2 Members of Parliament 3 References … Wikipedia
Nalanda College, Bihar — Nalanda College is a college in Bihar Sharif the district headquarter of Nalanda District in Bihar state in India. It is a constituent unit of Magadh University. It was established in 1870 and is one of the oldest colleges of north India. The… … Wikipedia
Nalanda — This article is about the ancient town and university. For other uses, see Nalanda (disambiguation). Nalanda town … Wikipedia
Nalanda Buddhist Institute, Bhutan — Nalanda Buddhist Institute Coordinates: 27°32′27″N 89°49′26″E … Wikipedia
Nalanda Maha Vidyalaya, Elpitiya — Nalanda Maha Vidyalaya Established 1940s Type Public Religious affiliation Buddhist Location Elpitiya, Sri Lanka … Wikipedia
Nalanda (7°31'N 80°34'E) — Village Country Sri Lanka Province … Wikipedia
Nalanda (7°40'N 80°38'E) — Village Country Sri Lanka Province … Wikipedia
Nâlandâ — Pour les articles homonymes, voir Monastère Nalanda. Nâlandâ Ruines de l université de Nālandā Administ … Wikipédia en Français
Nawada district — This article is about the district. For its eponymous headquarters, see Nawada. Nawada district नवादा जिला Location of … Wikipedia