- Fujio Mitarai
Fujio Mitarai (御手洗 冨士夫 Mitarai Fujio , born September 23, 1935, Kamae, Ōita) is the chairman of Canon and also of the Japan Business Federation. He studied Law at Chuo University, and was President of Canon in the USA until 1989.
- 1935 September 23: Born at Kamae, Ōita (now Saiki).
- 1961 March: Graduated University of Chuo department of Law. While the bar exam aim failed in school, in April Fujio joined the leaders of Canon with his uncle Takeshi Mitarai - one of the founders of the company.
- 1979: Appointed President position of Canon USA.
- 1995: Assumed the 6th presidency after Hajime - Mitarai's cousin, former president died.
- 2006: Chairman of Japan Business Federation.
- 2010: Resigned the Chairman position. Now Chairman Emeritus.
- ^ "#58 Fujio Mitarai". Forbes. 2009. http://www.forbes.com/lists/2009/20/power-09_Fujio-Mitarai_RRP9.html. Retrieved 10 March 2011.
- ^ Cuff, Daniel F. (9 January 1989). "BUSINESS PEOPLE; Chief of Canon U.S.A. Is Returning". New York Times. http://select.nytimes.com/gst/abstract.html?res=FA0712F73E540C7A8CDDA80894D1484D81. Retrieved 10 March 2011.
This Asian business-related biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.