- Mississippi Foundation For Medical Care
Mississippi Foundation For Medical Care (MFMC) was established by the House of Delegates at the 103rd Annual Session of the Mississippi State Medical Association. The incorporation date was July 6, 1971.
A grant from the National Center for Health Services Research and Development in 1971 allowed development of a physician-sponsored system for evaluating the quality of medical care. The primary goal was to improve the quality of medical care in the state and produce long lasting and tangible results. Programs such as the Experimental Medical Care Review Organization (EMCRO) and the Professional Standards Review Organization (PSRO) preceded the Peer Review Organization (PRO) designation which came on July 1, 1984.
In the spring of 1998 the leadership of Mississippi Foundation For Medical Care voted to change the name to Information & Quality Healthcare in order to better meet the challenges of the 21st century.
Signatures on the 1971 charter are those of Governor John Bell Williams and Secretary of State Heber Ladner for the state and Dr. J.T. Davis, Sr., M.D. of Corinth, MS, Dr. Everett Crawford of Tylertown, MS and Dr. James O. Gilmore of Oxford, MS as officers of the Mississippi State Medical Association. The charter describes the Foundation as "a nonprofit corporation" and as a "civic improvement corporation", governed by a board of directors, with each member having voting privileges.
- ^ Jesse Theo Davis, Sr., M.D. Hand in Hand. LeFleurs Bluff Publishing Company, 1995, p. 236.
- ^ Arthur E. Brown, M.D. The President Speaking. Journal Mississippi State Medical Association, 1971, p. 368.
- ^ Board of Trustees Begins Organizing Mississippi Foundation for Medical Care. Journal Mississippi State Medical Association, July 1971, p. 379.
- ^ Supplemental Report B of the Board of Trustees. Journal Mississippi State Medical Association, August 1971, p. 415, 440-441.
- ^ Care Foundation Is Organized, Headed By Drs. Davis, Crawford and Gilmore. Journal Mississippi State Medical Association, October 1971, p. 557.
- ^ Journal Mississippi State Medical Association, July 1972, p. 189.
- ^ The Mississippi Foundation for Medical Care. Journal Mississippi State Medical Association, August 1972, p. 332-333.
- ^ Mississippi State Medical Association Official Website
- ^ Kelly, Carole New Name and Look for Mississippi PRO: I.Q.H. Information and Quality Healthcare. Quality Matters, May–June 1998 Volume XV, Number 2
- ^ Jesse Theo Davis, Sr., M.D. Hand in Hand. LeFleurs Bluff Publishing Company, 1995
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Mississippi — This article is about the U.S. state of Mississippi. For the river, see Mississippi River. For other uses, see Mississippi (disambiguation). State of Mississippi … Wikipedia
List of hospitals in Mississippi — (U.S. state), grouped by city and sorted by hospital name.Aberdeen*Pioneer Community Hospital of AberdeenAckerman*Choctaw County Medical CenterAmory*Gilmore Memorial Regional Medical CenterBay Saint Louis*Hancock Medical CenterBay Springs*Jasper… … Wikipedia
Health care in the United States — ] Current estimates put U.S. health care spending at approximately 15.2% of GDP, second only to the tiny Marshall Islands among all United Nations member nations. The health share of GDP is expected to continue its historical upward trend,… … Wikipedia
Health care reform debate in the United States — See also: Health care reform in the United States, Health care in the United States, and Uninsured in the United States Health care in the United States Public health care Federal Employees Health Benefits Program Indian Health Service… … Wikipedia
Minnesota Medical Association — (MMA) is a professional association representing physicians, residents, and medical students, working together for a healthy Minnesota. With more than 11,000 members, the MMA is a powerful advocate on health care issues at the State Capitol and… … Wikipedia
Fisher House Foundation — Infobox Non profit Non profit name = Fisher House Foundation Non profit Non profit type = Non Profit Organization founded date = 1990 founder = Zachary and Elizabeth Fisher location = Rockville, Maryland U.S. key people =Kenneth Fisher, Chairman… … Wikipedia
Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation — Infobox Non profit Non profit name = Bill Melinda Gates Foundation Non profit founded date = 2000 founder = Bill Melinda Gates location = Seattle, Washington origins = key people = Bill Gates, co founder and co chair Melinda French Gates, co… … Wikipedia
Michigan Compassionate Care Initiative — The Michigan Compassionate Care Initiative is an indirect initiated state statute that will allow the medical use of marijuana for seriously ill patients. The measure has met all requirements and appeared as Question 1 on the November 2008 ballot … Wikipedia
Le Bonheur Children's Medical Center — Infobox Hospital Name = Le Bonheur Childrens Medical Center Org/Group = Caption = Le Bonheur main entrance Location = 50 N. Dunlap Region = Memphis State = Tennessee Country = US HealthCare = Private Charity Type = Pediatric Speciality =… … Wikipedia
Meridian, Mississippi — City Meridian s Gateway to Downtown, the 22nd Ave Bridge … Wikipedia