- The Adventures of Jimmy Neutron: Boy Genius
The Adventures of Jimmy Neutron: Boy Genius
The series' second and last title card
Genre Science fiction
Format CGI Animated series Created by John A. Davis Written by John A. Davis
Directed by Keith Alcorn
Starring Debi Derryberry
Theme music composer Brian Causey Country of origin United States No. of seasons 3 No. of episodes 43 (full)
119 (total) (List of episodes)
Production Executive producer(s) Steve Oedekerk Producer(s) John A. Davis
Editor(s) Jon Price
Joe E. Elwood
Running time 30 min. Production company(s) O Entertainment
Broadcast Original channel Nickelodeon Original run July 20, 2002– November 25, 2006 Chronology Preceded by Jimmy Neutron: Boy Genius Followed by Planet Sheen External links Website
The Adventures of Jimmy Neutron: Boy Genius, often shortened to just Jimmy Neutron, is an American animated television series, and spin-off of the Academy Award-nominated computer-animated movie, Jimmy Neutron: Boy Genius. The series first officially aired on July 20, 2002, on Nickelodeon. Jimmy Neutron is the first computer-animated "Nicktoon." The show ended in 2006 when the company DNA Productions defunct.
Plot and characters
James Isaac "Jimmy" Neutron (Debi Derryberry) is the main protagonist of the show. He is a 11-year-old American boy with a stunning IQ and a love for science. Usually, his intentions cause more harm than benefit for the city of Retroville, but that never stops him from trying. Most of the time, he's busy saving the city from his own experiments gone wrong. He is best friends with Carl and Sheen. His middle name is named after Isaac Newton, the famous physicist. In the movie, Jimmy wore blue shorts and brown shoes. In the television show, he wears blue jeans and gray Converse sneakers.
Carlton Ulysses "Carl" Wheezer (Rob Paulsen) is Jimmy's shy, asthmatic best friend who has an unhealthy obsession with llamas. Carl is allergic to lots of things, including cats, turtles and Sheen. Yet he still helps Jimmy with his experiments. Carl is very overweight, and has red hair and glasses. he wears green jeans and a striped red and yellow shirt with a belt.
Ramon Martin "Sheen" Estevez (Jeffrey Garcia) is Jimmy's hyperactive other best friend. He is very hyper, and is obsessed with a comic book superhero, Ultra Lord. Sheen sometimes fails to grasp the reality of things. He lives with his father. Sheen's name comes from the Sheen acting family headed by Martin Sheen. He later becomes the main character in the show's spin-off Planet Sheen.
Cynthia Aurora "Cindy" Vortex (Carolyn Lawrence) is Jimmy's sassy, independent, intellectual rival and love interest. She has a dog named "Humphrey" who she says is the best dog in Retroville. Her best friend is Libby Folfax. In the movie Cindy in seen wearing a pink buttoned shirt, black jeans, pink shoes, and her hair styled in pigtails. This design of Cindy was used more often for Jimmy Neutron video games. Also in the mini clip of Jimmy Neutron entitled 'Good Dog; Old Tricks, Cindy wears a pink shirt. But in the TV show her hair is styled into a ponytail with a green halter top, khaki pants, and pink converse shoes.
Liberty Danielle "Libby" Folfax (Crystal Scales) is Cindy's best friend. She loves funk/hip-hop and electronic gadgets. Later on in the show, she received a brand-new hair makeover and a striped-pink shirt. Libby is 11, and in the first season she does not appear on the title logo, however when she becomes more involved in the show in the second season, she is added to the logo. Unlike Jimmy's friends, Libby is shown to do well in school, but isn't at the level of Jimmy or Cindy in terms of intellect. In the movie and first half of the series Libby's hair is up in a bun, with a large bang covering her eye. She wears a green dress, green socks, and black dress shoes. Later, in the episode 'Beach Party Mummy', she got a makeover with her new cornarrow braids, pink shirt, blue jean pants, and brown shoes.
Nick Dean (Candi Milo) is the 'cool guy' that everybody loves at school, especially the girls. He isn't exactly the smartest guy but he makes up for it with his looks; in some episodes he appears well-rounded. His main hobby is skateboarding, and also likes singing German opera. He dresses like a greaser with gelled hair, denim and leather jackets, and his jeans cuffed slightly. He is also prone to injury. In most of the episodes he's in, he usually ends up screaming "OW MY leg" and breaking it. He is seen with a broken leg in one episode, in which his leg is completely upside down, and in the episode, "Lady Sings the News", it is reported that he had broken his leg for the 15th time that year. He is Voiced By Candi Milo From 2001-2006.
Judith "Judy" Neutron (Megan Cavanagh) is Jimmy's mom. She is loving and is the stereotypical 50's housewife. Her style is also typical and her hair is in a distinctive cut, usually noticed in a few episodes. Of course she loves her family, and gives Jimmy advice about life and his adventures. Her husband "Hugh" refers to her as "Sugar Booger" or "Butter Biscuit", and he believes she makes the best pies.
Hubert Beaumont "Hugh" Neutron (Mark DeCarlo) is Jimmy's dad. He is really goofy but loves Jimmy, including his wife who he often calls "Sugar Booger" or "Butter Biscuit". Hugh works at Mallard Motors as a car salesman. He is obsessed with ducks, and his favorite food is pie.
Goddard (Frank Welker) is Jimmy's trusty robotic dog. Considering he's made of sprockets, circuits and widgets, Goddard makes one great man's best friend. Plus, unlike his real-life canine cousins, Goddard can transform into a whole slew of useful tools, vehicles and other gadgets for Jimmy. Goddard's still has a few kinks to work out, but otherwise, this digital dog is the perfect (cyber) canine companion. One of Goddard's trademarks is "playing dead," in which he explodes, and then he automatically reassembles himself a few seconds later. Goddard is named after Robert Goddard, the "Father of Rocketry".
Other characters (students, teachers, friends)
- Jet Fusion: a secret agent aided by Jimmy in the fight against Professor Calamitous and his daughter Beautiful Gorgeous. He is first seen in the episode "Operation: Rescue Jet Fusion" he is voiced by actor Christian Slater.
- Butch Pakovski: Butch is the slightly slack-jawed, unintelligent bully of Lindbergh Elementary School who doesn't have many friends at all (except his younger brother-name unknown). He is mostly seen bullying Oleander and Carl. He is voiced by Rob Paulsen.
- Brittany: Brittany is in Jimmy's class. She can dance well, as she is seen dancing with Cindy and Libby as a third partner. She bribed Libby to be her science partner with a music CD in Raise the Oozy Scab. She is voiced by Candi Milo.
- Arnie: Arnie Is In Jimmy's Class. He Is Voiced By Candi Milo From 2001. He Is Voiced By Jeff Garcia From 2006.
- Courtney Tyler: Courtney Tyler Is In Jimmy's Class. She Is Voiced By Crystal Scales From 2001-2006.
- Nissa: Nissa is Jimmy's classmate and somewhat rival in the episode See Jimmy Run who likes to skip rope. She is depicted as being happy, with blonde hair, a yellow shirt, blue pants, and a light complexion. She Is Voiced By Candi Milo From 2001-2006
- Betty Quinlan: Betty is Jimmy's first crush who likes magic, singing, dancing and acting.
- Ms. Fowl: is a 5th grade teacher at Lindbergh Elementary School. She is very sweet and makes weird clucking noises resembling a chicken (hence her name). She was a "Rodeo Queen" before becoming a teacher. It was rumored that she dated Thomas Edison and that she married a werewolf. She is friends with Principal Willoughby.
- Principal Willoughby: Jimmy Isaac Neutron's Principal is the fat principal of "Lindbergh Elementary School." Energetic, enthusiastic, and over the top, he seems to be everything a good elementary school principal should be. He is approachable, kind, and has a gentle nature to him...not to mention that he's fairly clueless when it comes to most aspects of life. Despite this, he seems to have a knack for his chosen profession. He seems to genuinely care about his scholars, and has clearly taken the time to get to know each and every one.
- Coach Gruber: is the strong, muscular coach of "Lindbergh Elementary School." Coach Gruber has black hair with a short beard, a red cap, short-sleeved T-shirt, black short pants and shoes.
- Hilga: is the cafeteria cook. Portrayed as a large Russian woman with terrible cooking she is the stereotype school cook.
- Bolbi Stroganovsky: is a foreign student who is class president. He doesn't have very good English speaking skills, though he does tend to sing a song going "Slap, slap, slap! Clap, clap, clap!" repeatedly. He has big eyes, black hair, and tends to wear sweater vests. Also, it is noted that he is a Shakespearean actor, despite his lack of skills in speaking English.
- Professor Finbar Calamitous: Calamitous is a recurring antagonist of the series, and his daughter is Beautiful Gorgeous. He is also one of Mrs. Fowl's past school pupils. Calamitous is a tiny, near-sighted, bald, short, eccentric, old, evil genius, who is one of the most brilliant and evil minds on the planet, and he'd be even more dangerous if he didn't have the bad habit of never finishing what he starts! Calamitous is determined to get Jimmy to finish his projects for him as he couldn't finish them himself. Calamitous was once a little boy, who could never finish anything (not even a sentence).
- Beautiful Gorgeous: Gorgeous (whose real name is Georgia Calamitous), is Professor Calamitous' daughter. She is an evil villainess. When Beautiful Gorgeous was a child, her dream was to become the person who puts "those little plastic things on the ends of shoelaces" (these are called aglets), though she could have been lying. Was a playable character in the video game "SpongeBob SquarePants featuring Nicktoons: Globs of Doom".
- King Goobot V: King Goobot V is the main antagonist in the feature film and the episodes The League of Villains and The Egg-pire Strikes Back. He tried to kill Jimmy and the town residents by feeding them to his god, Poultra, in the 2001 movie Jimmy Neutron: Boy Genius. He later tried to kill Jimmy by turning the residents against him and using Jimmy's DNA clone scanner to create a new Poultra and make Poultra eat the town residents. Later, he gathered with several of Jimmy's nemeses and was later deserted in the Cretaceous Period with the rest of the villains, menaced by a Tyrannosaurus Rex.
- Twonkies: Twonkies are an alien species from the comet Twonkus 3. They go through 3 stages of life. Each metamorphosis is triggered by music. The first stage is a small fuzzy cute creature. However when exposed to music they morph into mid sized monsters who destroy the source of music. The final stage is caused by the Twonkies forming together to complete one giant 8 foot monster. It is finally defeated when they realize that Sheen's singing voice is so bad it is recognized as anti-music to the monster and it falls asleep, allowing Jimmy to launch it back to the comet. However, Sheen's Twonkie remains un-morphed and produces more Twonkies. There is no longer a problem with them morphing, but the remaining few make cameos throughout the 3rd season including at the end of the last episode still not destroyed.
- Eustace Strych: The richest boy in Retroville. Eustace was attracted to Cindy, but then used her as a means to get to Jimmy.
The Adventures of Jimmy Neutron has crossed over with Fairly Oddparents three times in episodes called Jimmy/Timmy Power Hour.
Country Original channel Original run US Nickelodeon 2002–2006 Nick on CBS 2002–2004 Nicktoons 2005–present UK Nickelodeon 2003–2011 Nicktoons 2003–2011 Nicktoonsters 2008–2009 Canada YTV 2003–2007 Nickelodeon 2009–present Australia Nickelodeon 2003–2007 Network Ten 2003–2007 Pakistan Nickelodeon ? ARY Digital ? Indus Vision ? Philippines Nickelodeon ? Studio 23 ? TV5 2008–2010 ABS-CBN 2010–present
Retroville is the fictional hometown of Jimmy and his friends. The town has a downtown 1950's "retro" kind of feel with the basic stores and necessities and local fast food restaurants. Here are a few known places in the town of Retroville:
- Lindbergh Elementary School: is the school that the main characters attend. The principal is William S. Willoughby and some of the known faculty & scholars are:
- Principal Willoughby
- Ms. Fowl
- Coach Gruber
- Mr. Neutron
- Mr. McMahon
- Jimmy Neutron
- Cindy Vortex
- Sheen Estevez
- Carl Wheezer
- Libby Folfax
- Butch Pakovski
- Oleander Svalsbord
- Britney Tenelli
- Nissa Kapadopolus
- Nick Dean
- Betty Quinlan
- Bolbi Stroganovsky
- Chuck Lester
- Dean Paluski
- John Anderson
- John Sim
- The Candy Bar: The Candy Bar is the soda shop/kid hangout in Retroville. Usually populated by the kids in town, it is decorated with a colorful 1950's style interior. The Candy Bar even has its very own jukebox, and is run by an older, overweight bald man named Sam.
- Retroland: Retroland is an amusement park that is a big thrill to the kids of Retroville. The Bat Outta Heck roller coaster is the main attraction. It was featured in the movie and in the episodes Nightmare in Retroville, The Time Pinch, and Lights! Camera! Danger! .
- McSpanky's: McSpanky's is a burger joint that eventually turns into a live, flying restaurant in "Men at Work"
- Special Marathon
On May 19, 2007, Nickelodeon aired a special marathon called Genius, Sheenius, or In Betweenius? which featured episodes selected by fans of the series, a personality quiz on Nick.com, and a revised version of the movie featuring in-universe commentary from the characters of Jimmy, Sheen, and Carl.
There have also been three television movie tie-ins with the Fairly Oddparents, in the Jimmy Timmy Power Hours. In these shows, the five main characters from Jimmy Neutron meet with Timmy, his godparents, and his two best friends Chester, and AJ, and often cross between each of their worlds of 2D and 3D animation.
The pilot, named "Runaway Rocketboy," involves Jimmy testing a rocket ship that he has invented, and later uses it when he inadvertently stumbles upon a Yolkian plot to conquer Earth. The pilot was aired in short mini episodes on Nickelodeon before the film's release, and its plot was used for the film Jimmy Neutron: Boy Genius. The pilot was later included as an extra on the "Confusion Fusion" DVD. It was originally supposed to air as a short on KaBlam!, but the show got cancelled before the episode aired.
The pilot had a few differences from the main series. Most notably, the clothes were different, the theme song was longer with a few lines that were cut later, Goddard was voiced by Kim Saxon, in lieu of Frank Welker, and Carl Wheezer resembled his father. The title card had a picture in the scene, like all the other Nicktoons at the time. Also, the DNA Productions mascot was an animated cat.
Title Region 1 Region 2 Region 4 The Best Of Season 1 September 16, 2008 - - The Best Of Season 2 September 16, 2008  - - The Best Of Season 3 September 16, 2008 - - Confusion Fusion May 27, 2003 February 2, 2004 - Sea of Trouble October 7, 2003 May 16, 2005 March 24. 2005 Jet Fusion February 3, 2004 August 15, 2005 July 7, 2005 Attack of the Twonkies November 16, 2004 March 27, 2006 April 6, 2006 Party at Neutron's - September 4, 2006 September 21, 2006 King of Mars - - July 5, 2007
The television series was produced by Thumb Wars creator Steve Oedekerk for Nickelodeon, and animated by DNA Productions using messiah:studio and LightWave 3D software as was the movie Jimmy Neutron: Boy Genius. A television movie, Attack of the Twonkies, aired on Nickelodeon in mid-June 2005. In 2004, head writer Steven Banks was nominated for a Writer's Guild Club Award for the telefilm Operation: Rescue Jet Fusion. The first Jimmy Neutron mini-episodes aired before the Jimmy Neutron movie and can be seen only on Nicktoons Network, the movie web site, and on later versions of the DVD release of the original movie. Nickelodeon canceled the series in June 2007.
In June 2009, Nickelodeon announced a spin-off series called Planet Sheen. This is a series about Sheen Estevez, who accidentally landed on the planet Zeenu. Nickelodeon has ordered 26 episodes, which will be produced by O Entertainment. The series debuted on October 2, 2010.
The theme song was originally written by Brian Causey for the pilot episode. Bowling for Soup would later revamp and extend Causey's theme for the film version theme. Ultimately the original theme was kept for the TV series intro and outro.
- Back at the Barnyard
- Dexter's Laboratory
- Jimmy Neutron: Boy Genius
- "Lady Sings the News"
- Planet Sheen
- The Fairly OddParents
- ^ http://www.amazon.com/dp/B001EHDSQG --]
- ^ http://www.amazon.com/dp/B001EHDSQQ --]
- ^ http://www.amazon.com/dp/B001EHDSR0 --]
- ^ Amazon.com: Jimmy Neutron - Confusion Fusion: Jimmy Neutron-Boy Genius: Movies & TV
- ^ -->
- ^ Amazon.com: Jimmy Neutron - Sea of Trouble: Adventures of Jimmy Neutron: Movies & TV
- ^ Amazon.co.uk: Jimmy Neutron - Sea Of Trouble: The Adventures of Jimmy Neutron: DVD
- ^ Jimmy neutron: sea of trouble : DeVoteD DVD - Australia
- ^ Amazon.com: Jimmy Neutron - Jet Fusion: Adventures of Jimmy Neutron Boy Genius: Movies & TV
- ^ Amazon.co.uk: Jimmy Neutron - Jet Fusion: Jimmy Neutron: DVD
- ^ JIMMY NEUTRON: JET FUSION : DeVoteD DVD - Australia
- ^ Amazon.com: The Adventures of Jimmy Neutron - Attack of the Twonkies: Adventures of Jimmy Neutron: Movies & TV
- ^ Amazon.co.uk: Jimmy Neutron - Attack Of The Twonkies: Debi Derryberry, Frank Welker, Rob Paulsen: DVD
- ^ Jimmy Neutron: Attack of the Twonkies : DeVoteD DVD - Australia
- ^ Amazon.co.uk: Jimmy Neutron: Party At Neutrons: Jimmy Neutron: DVD
- ^ Jimmy Neutron: Party at Neutrons : DeVoteD DVD - Australia
- ^ Jimmy Neutron: King of Mars : DeVoteD DVD - Australia
- ^ http://www.animationmagazine.net/article/10148
- Official website
- The Adventures of Jimmy Neutron: Boy Genius at the Internet Movie Database
- The Adventures of Jimmy Neutron: Boy Genius at TV.com
The Adventures of Jimmy Neutron: Boy Genius Films Video gamesJimmy Neutron: Boy Genius · Vs. Jimmy Negatron · Jet Fusion · Attack of the Twonkies · Nicktoons: Movin' • Nicktoons: Freeze Frame Frenzy · Nicktoons Unite! · Nicktoons: Battle for Volcano Island • Nicktoons Winners Cup Racing · Nicktoons: Attack of the Toybots · Nicktoons: Globs of Doom · Nicktoons Nitro · Nickelodeon Party Blast Amusement rides Other Nicktoons 1991-1995 1996-2000 2001-2005 2006-2010 Currently running Upcoming seriesThe Last Airbender: Legend of Korra · T-M-N-T Nicktoons channel
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
The Adventures of Jimmy Neutron: Boy Genius — En este artículo sobre ficción se detectaron los siguientes problemas: Necesita ser wikificado conforme a las convenciones de estilo de Wikipedia. Carece de fuentes o referencias que aparezcan en una fuente acreditada. Por … Wikipedia Español
List of The Adventures of Jimmy Neutron: Boy Genius episodes — The following is a list of all The Adventures of Jimmy Neutron: Boy Genius episodes. Contents 1 Series Overview 2 Season 0: 1998 3 Film: 2001 4 Season 1: 2002–2003 … Wikipedia
Jimmy Neutron — Logo de la série Titre original The Adventures of Jimmy Neutron: Boy Genius Autres titres francophones Les Aventures de Jimmy Neutron : Un garçon génial (Québec) Genre … Wikipédia en Français
Jimmy Neutrón: El niño genio (película) — Jimmy Neutron: Boy Genius Título Jimmy Neutron:El niño inventor (España) Jimmy Neutrón: El Niño Genio (Hispanoamérica) Ficha técnica Dirección John A. Davis Producción … Wikipedia Español
The Adventures of Pete & Pete — Title card Genre Comedy Family drama Create … Wikipedia
Jimmy Neutrón — jimmy neutron Personaje de jimmy neutron Primera aparición Las mamadas de jimy Interpretado por Debi Derryberry Información Alias … Wikipedia Español
Jimmy Neutron — Seriendaten Deutscher Titel Jimmy Neutron Originaltitel The Adventures of Jimmy Neutron: Boy Genius … Deutsch Wikipedia
Jimmy Neutron vs. Jimmy Negatron — Infobox VG title = The Adventures of Jimmy Neutron Boy Genius vs. Jimmy Negatron caption = developer = Human Soft (GBA) AWE Games (PC) publisher = THQ distributor = designer = license = series = engine = version = released = Game Boy Advance… … Wikipedia
Jimmy Neutron — Infobox character color = #FF6666 name = James Isaac Neutron first = cause = Active nickname =Jimmy Jimster Jimbo Nerdtron Fudge head Jim Jam King Cranium Frankenhead Spewtron Freakbrain Bill species = Human gender = Male age = 11 born = March… … Wikipedia
List of Jimmy Neutron characters — This is a list of characters in the American television animated series The Adventures of Jimmy Neutron: Boy Genius. Contents 1 Main characters 1.1 Jimmy Neutron 1.2 Carl Wheezer 1.3 … Wikipedia