- Minute to Win It
Minute to Win It
Logo of US version
Format Game show Created by Friday TV Presented by Guy Fieri (2010-present) (US)
Darren McMullen (2010- present) (AUS)
Darren McMullen (2011- present) (UK)
Starring Joe Swash
Caroline Flack (UK)
Country of origin United States
No. of seasons 2 (US) 
No. of episodes 69, including online special (as of October 16, 2011) (US) Production Executive producer(s) Craig Plestis
Running time 44 minutes without commercials (60 minutes with commercials) Production company(s) Universal Media Studios
Smart Dog Media
Broadcast Original channel NBC (US)
Seven Network (AUS)
Picture format 480i (SDTV)
1080i (HDTV) (US)
1080i (HDTV) (AUS)
576i (SDTV) (UK)
First shown in United States Original run March 14, 2010– present (US)
June 22, 2010 – present (AUS)
August 30, 2011 – present (UK)
External links (UK) Website
Minute to Win It is an American prime time game show on NBC hosted by Guy Fieri. Contestants take part in a series of 60-second challenges that use objects that are commonly available around the house.
The show premiered on March 14, 2010, airing the first two episodes back-to-back at 7:00 p.m. Eastern and Pacific. On October 6, 2010 Minute to Win It was awarded the C21/Frapa Award for Best studio based game show format at the MIPCOM Television Festival in France. A card game, board game, and video game versions for the Wii, Kinect and Nintendo DS have been made for this show. The U.S. season two finale aired on September 7, 2011. A third season of Minute to Win It, not yet announced, would be expected to air in the winter of 2012 on NBC.
United States format
Game Value 1 $1,000 2 $2,500 3 $5,000 4 $10,000 5 $50,000 6 $75,000 7 $125,000 8 $250,000 9 $500,000 10 $1,000,000
The contestant is presented with the blueprint for the first game and must successfully complete a game within 60 seconds to win $1,000 and advance to the next level. After successfully completing the first, fifth, eighth, and recently ninth level games, the contestant is guaranteed to leave with no less than the cash award for those levels.
The difficulty of the games progressively increase throughout the show. If time expires or the conditions of the game cannot be fulfilled (such as by the contestant exhausting any allotted attempts or committing a foul), the contestant loses a "life". If the contestant loses all three of their "lives", the game ends and the contestant's winnings drop to the previous milestone they passed.
After successfully completing a game, the contestant can leave with the amount of money already won before seeing the blueprint for the next game. However, once the contestant elects for the game, the contestant cannot leave the show until that game is complete or they have exhausted all three of their "lives".
In the first part of season one, $50,000 was the only milestone; players who were eliminated from the game before completing the level five game left with nothing. The milestones at $1,000 and $250,000 were added in the second part of that season. Then, partway through season two, a milestone at $500,000 was added.
In episodes featuring celebrity contestants competing for charities, all levels are milestones, so they get all the money up to their last successful level.
In episodes featuring teams of two contestants, some games are played by both players, while others are played solo. A player can only make three consecutive attempts at solo games (including re-attempts following losing a life; an intervening team game does not reset this count). After a player makes three attempts, the other player is forced to attempt the next solo game.
In Christmas episodes, 2 extra games are added for "the 12 games of Minute to Win It": the 11th game is worth $2,000,000 and the 12th is worth $3,000,000. Both are milestones. Also in Christmas episodes, some games contain a "Holiday Bonus," in which a contestant wins a gift if the level is passed. A visual representation of the gift is placed inside of a box, which is opened if and when the level is completed. The gifts include:
- An extra life: Contestants who received this "gift" can have more than the basic three lives.
- Extra 10 seconds: Contestants who received this "gift" can add an extra 10 seconds (or, in the case of a survival game, subtract 10 seconds) to any game, including after a re-attempt following a failure.
- Prize: Contestants who received this gift won a bonus prize.
Some season two episodes feature similar bonuses known as a "Blueprint Bonus." However, the bonus is shown on a large monitor, and it is shown before the blueprint and before the game is played. So far, the only bonuses won by contestants have been the extra life and extra ten seconds. When a contestant decides to use the extra ten seconds, a special 70 second clock is used, or if the contestant is playing a survival game (like Keep it Up, Defying Gravity, High as a Kite, Uphill Battle, etc.) the clock is reduced to 50 seconds. In addition, the outer floor lights of the 60-second circle do not turn red for the first ten seconds. For the survival games, the first ten lights are already red.
First top prize was reached in Denmark. Two teams have both won $500,000. The 1st group of Kimberly Fox & Aaron Hedrick then walked away on their July 21, 2010 episode (they were playing as a team) as this was before contestants could bank $500,000. The Bishop family failed the level 10 challenge, Supercoin, and had banked and won $500,000.
United Kingdom format
The UK version of the series uses a different format from the United States version. Each team (consisting of a captain (either Joe Swash or Caroline Flack) and five contestants of the captain's gender) compete in six games - either head-to-head or solo-play against the clock - to win points. The highest-scoring team after 6 games goes through to two games which make up the cash prize round. The first of these games builds up the prize fund by £1,000 for every point scored, and the second determines whether or not they win the money. The maximum winnings a team can earn is £30,000.
In a pre-broadcast review, Cinema Blend's Kelly West praised Guy Fieri's "enthusiastic" performance and his ability to interact well with contestants. West also noted that the show could do well with families and viewers who have a preference to non-intellectual game shows, although the challenges were criticized for needing little to no skill to accomplish.
The show premiered on March 14, 2010 and continued with new episodes through May 25, 2010. NBC later announced Minute to Win It would air new episodes during the summer, from Wednesday July 7, 2010 to Tuesday September 14, 2010. The new episodes would be labeled "The Summer of Minute to Win It". This is commonly thought of as the start of the second season but the Minute to Win it website shows otherwise.
On November 1, 2010, NBC announced that season two of Minute to Win It, would begin with three new holiday themed episodes starting on December 7, December 14, and December 21.  Then on November 15, 2010, NBC announced that the second season of Minute to Win it would resume airing on January 5. It will feature older games, such as Defying Gravity, High Roller, Rapid Fire, Spoon Frog, and Whippersnapper, newer games, like Floatacious, Hoop de Loop, On the Hook, Tilt-a-cup, and Volcano, never-before-seen games like A Bit Dicey, Mad Dog, Nice Build, Pong5, Splitter, and new twists on old games like Don't Blow the Kings, Extreme Mini Stack Attack, Face the Gingerbread Man, Mag-Nutstacker, and Oh Nuts. Season two also features a summer run that began on June 8, 2011. Minute to Win It Season three has not been announced yet.
The most played games of season 2 are Speed Eraser, The Nutstacker, and A Bit Dicey.
The first season featured individuals, teams, celebrities, last-man-standing competitions, individual head-to-head competitions (one or three games), and a million dollar mission. The second season features teams, families (Bishop family and Canter family), celebrities, individual and team head-to-head competitions (seven games), former contestants with a second chance (Mark Staniec and Heather Barker), and former contestant redemption head-to-head (Lynn and Bethany Gerber vs. Heidi Billington and Donna Speakman).
The show first premiered on August 30, 2011 and is currently airing on ITV2.
Country Title Host Network Top Prize First Airdate Arab World  للزمن ثمن
Abdallah El Tuleihi MBC 1 SR1,000,000 April 5, 2011 Argentina Minuto para ganar Marley Telefe AR$1,000,000 July 17, 2011 Australia Minute to Win It Darren McMullen Seven Network A$1,000,000 June 22, 2010 Belgium (Dutch) Binnen De Minuut Staf Coppens vtm €100,000 January 8, 2011 Belgium (French)  60 secondes chrono Jean-Michel Zecca RTL TVI €100,000 September 5, 2011 Brazil Nada Além de um Minuto Silvio Santos SBT R$1.000.000 April 17, 2010 Chile Un minuto para ganar Julián Elfenbein TVN CL$30.000.000 May 21, 2011 Colombia Un minuto para ganar Silvestre Dangond Canal Caracol CO$300.000.000 November 1, 2010 Costa Rica Minuto Para Ganar Mauricio Astorga Teletica ₡25,000,000.00 March 8, 2011 Czech Republic Máš minutu Richard Genzer & Michal Suchánek TV Prima Kč 1,000,000 April 10, 2011 Denmark Det perfekte minut Robert Hansen TV3 250,000Kr August 17, 2011 Ecuador Minuto Para Ganar Yuly Maiocchi Gama TV US$50,000 August 7, 2011 Finland Minuuttipeliä Marko Keränen MTV3 €30,000 March 21, 2011 France  Une minute pour tout gagner Jean-Luc Reichmann TF1 €100,000 Unknown Germany Die perfekte Minute Ulla Kock am Brink Sat.1 €250,000 April 30, 2010 Greece Minute to win it Dimitris Hungarian Mega TV TBA October 2011 Hungary Egy perc és nyersz Sebestyén Balázs RTL Klub 10,000,000 Ft TBA India India's Minute to Win It Gaurav Kapoor AXN 10,000,000 January 12, 2011 Israel אליפות ישראל בדקה
Alifut Israel be Dakah
Ido Rosenblum Channel 2 (Keshet) ₪ 1,000,000 October 26, 2011 Italy Un Minuto per Vincere Max Giusti Rai Uno €500,000 September 4, 2011 Malaysia Anda Ada 60 Saat Ahmad Nabil Astro Warna - New Episode
Astro Ria - Repeat
RM500,000 December 25, 2010 Mexico Un minuto para ganar Penélope Menchaca Televisa TBA TBA Netherlands Minute to win it Gordon Heuckeroth RTL 4 €100,000 January 8, 2011 Norway Vinn på minuttet Carsten Skjelbreid TV2 1,000,000Kr March 20, 2011 Peru Minuto para ganar Johanna San Miguel América Televisión S/.100,000 January 15, 2011 Poland Milion w minutę Marcin Prokop TVN 1,000,000 zł September 5, 2011 Romania Câștigi în 60 de secunde Dan Negru Antena 1 50,000Lei April 5, 2011 Slovenia Minuta do zmage Bojan Emeršič POP TV €100,000 March 18, 2011 South Korea  사소한 도전 60초
Sasohan Dojeon 60-cho
Oh Sang Jin Munhwa Broadcasting Corporation ₩20,000,000 June 12, 2011 Spain Uno para ganar Jesús Vázquez Cuatro €500,000 July 4, 2011 Sri Lanka Home Game in 60 second Niroshan Wijesinghe Sirasa TV Rs.1.000.000 October 26, 2010 Sweden Minuten Peter Settman SVT 250,000kr December 26, 2010 United Kingdom Minute to Win It Darren McMullen ITV2 £30,000 August 30, 2011 United States Minute to Win It Guy Fieri NBC US$1,000,000 March 14, 2010 Ukraine Хвилина для перемоги
Chvylyna dlya peremogy
Maksim Averin Ukrayina ₴500,000 October 16, 2011 Uruguay Minuto para ganar Álvaro Navia
Teledoce UY$250,000 September 5, 2010
- Minute to Win It Party Theme
- List of Minute to Win It challenges
- The Cube, a similar show airing in the United Kingdom
- Beat the Clock
- ^ a b Minute to Win It - About - NBC Site
- ^ http://nbcuniformats.com/newsitem.aspx?content=1207
- ^ (episodes 110, 125, and 126)
- ^ West, Kelly. "Minute To Win It Review: Fieri Shines As Host". Cinema Blend. http://www.cinemablend.com/television/Minute-To-Win-It-Review-Fieri-Shines-As-Host-23411.html. Retrieved April 7, 2010.
- ^ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5QTySU7_jVo "Minute to Win It's Summer Premiere"
- ^ "NBC ANNOUNCES NEW MID-SEASON SCHEDULE". NBC Media Centre. Retrieved 18 November 2010.
- ^ http://www.mbc.net/portal/site/mbc/mtw
- ^ http://www.extremista.com.ar/105140/telefe-propone-un-minuto-para-ganar-un-millon-de-pesos-con-marley/
- ^ Minute to win It - Official Site Yahoo!7 TV. Yahoo!7 TV. Retrieved 21 November 2010.
- ^ Binnen De Minuut - vtm
- ^ http://www.rtltvi.be/60-secondes-chrono/
- ^ http://www.sbt.com.br/minuto
- ^ http://www.tvn.cl/programas/unminutoparaganar/2011/
- ^ http://www.caracoltv.com/unminutoparaganar/
- ^ http://www.teletica.com/minutoparaganar/index.php
- ^ "iprima.cz". http://www.iprima.cz/novinky/mas-minutu-casting.
- ^ http://www.dcu.dk/nyheder/tv-invitationtilcampister.html
- ^ http://www.minutoparaganarecuador.com/
- ^ MTV3 - Minuuttipeliä
- ^ http://www.francesoir.fr/people-tv/television-media/tf1-mise-sur-nouveaux-jeux-111663.html
- ^ Die perfekte Minute mit Ulla Kock am Brink. Sat1. Retrieved 21 November 2010.
- ^ http://www.real.gr/DefaultArthro.aspx?page=arthro&id=80662&catID=14
- ^ Egy perc és nyersz! – és tényleg csak ennyi kell. Retrieved 21 June 2011.
- ^ http://www.axn-india.com/shows/minute-to-win-it/AXN's Minute to win it comes to India. MINUTE TO WIN IT | India AXN. Retrieved 21 November 2010.
- ^ "טלויזיה - אליפות ישראל בדקה". iwomen.co.il. 22 March 2011. http://www.iwomen.co.il/item.asp?aid=94639. Retrieved 12 June 2011.
- ^ http://www.unminutopervincere.rai.it/dl/portali/site/articolo/ContentItem-babea67f-49c0-479a-9389-08cb981ecf11.html?homepage
- ^ Anda Ada 60 Sat. Astro. Retrieved 24 November 2010.
- ^ http://www.oem.com.mx/elheraldodechiapas/notas/n2190751.htm
- ^ "Nieuwe spelsensatie 'Minute To Win It' met Gordon op zaterdagavond" (in (Dutch)). RTL.NL. 2010-12-15. http://www.rtl.nl/%28/service/rtlnederland/%29/service/rtlnederland/components/pressroom/persberichten/2010/12_december/minute_to_win_it.xml. Retrieved 2011-02-03.
- ^ http://www.tv2.no/tvguide/millionaer-paa-ett-minutt-3446560.html
- ^ Johanna San Miguel conducirá nuevo programa concurso | America Televisión
- ^ http://www.milionwminute.tvn.pl
- ^ "Castigi in 60 de secunde". Castigiin60desecunde.a1.ro. 2010-12-27. http://castigiin60desecunde.a1.ro/. Retrieved 2011-02-03.
- ^ http://minutadozmage.24ur.com/.
- ^ http://www.imbc.com/broad/tv/ent/60sec/
- ^ "Uno para ganar". cuatro.com. http://www.cuatro.com/uno-para-ganar/. Retrieved 2011-04-15.
- ^ http://print.dailymirror.lk/life/132-life/31004.html
- ^ "Minuten". svt.se. http://svt.se/minuten. Retrieved 2011-02-03.
- ^ "Watching Telly: Minute To Win It UK". Bother's Bar. http://www.bothersbar.co.uk/?p=4033. Retrieved 2011-07-16.
- ^ "Minuto Para Ganar | La Tele". Teledoce.com. http://www.teledoce.com/minutoparaganar/. Retrieved 2011-02-03.
- Official NBC site
- Official Yahoo!7 site
- Official ITV site
- Official SBT site
- Official RTL site
- Official TV Prima site
- Friday TV site
- Official Minute to Win It Games
NBC Network programming (current & upcoming) Primetime30 Rock (since 2006) · America's Got Talent (since 2006) · The Apprentice (since 2004) · The Biggest Loser (since 2004) · Chuck (since 2007) · Community (since 2009) · Dateline NBC (since 1992) · Fashion Star (since 2011) · Fear Factor (since 2001–2006; resuming 2011) · Grimm (since 2011) · Harry's Law (since 2011) · It's Worth What? (since 2011) · Law & Order: Special Victims Unit (since 1999) · Love in the Wild (since 2011) · The Marriage Ref (since 2010) · Minute to Win It (since 2010) · The Office (since 2005) · Parenthood (since 2010) · Parks and Recreation (since 2009) · Prime Suspect (since 2011) · The Sing-Off (since 2009) · Up All Night (since 2011) · The Voice (since 2011) · Whitney (since 2011) · Who Do You Think You Are? (since 2010) Daytime Late night News Sports Saturday morning UpcomingAre You There, Chelsea? · Awake · Bent · Best Friends Forever · The Firm · Smash
- ABC (current)
- CBS (current)
- NBC (current)
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Minute Maid Park — The Juice Box Former names … Wikipedia
Win Place Hotel Chiangmai — (Чиангмай,Таиланд) Категория отеля: 3 звездочный отель Адрес: 120/3 Moo.2, Mahidol R … Каталог отелей
Win Resort — (Согвипхо,Южная Корея) Категория отеля: Адрес: 2884 Sagye Ri, Andeok Myeon, 699 922 Согв … Каталог отелей
win — win1 [ wın ] (past tense and past participle won [ wʌn ] ) verb *** 1. ) intransitive or transitive to defeat everyone else by being the best or by finishing first in a competition: I play tennis against her every week, but she always wins. Who… … Usage of the words and phrases in modern English
Win, Lose or Draw — Infobox Television show name = Win, Lose or Draw caption = show name 2 = genre = Game Show creator = writer = director = Richard S. Kline creative director = developer = presenter = starring = Bert Convy ( 1987 1989 ) Robb Weller ( 1989 ) Vicki… … Wikipedia
Une minute pour tout gagner — Titre original Minute to win it Programme adapté Minute to win it Genre Jeu télévisé Création Friday TV Présentation Jean Luc Reichmann Musique Get up Pays … Wikipédia en Français
Die perfekte Minute — Seriendaten Originaltitel Die perfekte Minute … Deutsch Wikipedia
In It to Win It — Not to be confused with Minute to Win It. In It to Win It Format Game show Created by Andrew Brereton Sarah Edwards Gail Sloan Starring Dale Winton Narrated by … Wikipedia
Last-minute goal — The term last minute goal is used in sport, primarily association football, to describe a goal scored very late in a game. The term may not necessarily refer to a goal scored in the actual last minute (last minute goal). In football, the… … Wikipedia
Ne Win — For other people named Ne Win, see Ne Win (disambiguation). Ne Win နေဝင်း General Ne Win shaking David Ben Gurion s hand on visit to Israel, 1959 4th President … Wikipedia