- Financial Services Secretary to the Treasury
The Financial Services Secretary to the Treasury was a minister in HM Treasury of the UK Government, with responsibility for the financial activities in the City of London. This position was also known as the City Minister. The only person to have held the office was Lord Myners, who served from October 2008 to May 2010. The office was replaced by the new position of Commercial Secretary to the Treasury in May 2010 as part of the ministerial reorganisation by the Cameron Government.
- ^ "Speech by the Financial Services Secretary to the Treasury, Paul Myners to the Association of Foreign Banks". HM Treasury official website (archived by The National Archives). 11 June 2009. http://webarchive.nationalarchives.gov.uk/20090628192108/http://www.hm-treasury.gov.uk/press_54_09.htm. Retrieved 20 May 2010.
- ^ "City minister Myners seeks review of how investment banking has 'permeated' society". The Daily Telegraph). 25 January 2010. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/newsbysector/banksandfinance/7067981/City-minister-Myners-seeks-review-of-how-investment-banking-has-permeated-society.html. Retrieved 20 May 2010.
- ^ "Paul Myners CBE - Financial Services Secretary to the Treasury". HM Treasury. http://webarchive.nationalarchives.gov.uk/+/http://www.hm-treasury.gov.uk/minprofile_myners.htm. Retrieved 12 May 2010.
- ^ "Two new peers to join the government". ePolitix. 19 May 2010. http://uk.news.yahoo.com/11/20100519/tpl-two-new-peers-to-join-the-government-0a1c1a1.html. Retrieved 20 May 2010. [dead link]
- ^ "Her Majesty's Government". number10.co.uk. 19 May 2010. http://www.number10.gov.uk/news/latest-news/2010/05/her-majestys-government-49840. Retrieved 20 May 2010.
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Commercial Secretary to the Treasury — The Commercial Secretary to the Treasury, or City Minister, is a United Kingdom Government minister in HM Treasury who ranks as a Parliamentary Under Secretary of State. The position has a wide range of duties related to business, and the… … Wikipedia
Under Secretary of the Treasury for International Affairs — The Under Secretary for International Affairs is a position within the United States Department of the Treasury responsible for advising the Secretary of the Treasury on international economic issues. The current Under Secretary is David H.… … Wikipedia
Financial Services and the Treasury Bureau — 財經事務及庫務局 Emblem of the Hong Kong SAR Agency overview Fo … Wikipedia
Secretary for Financial Services and the Treasury — The Secretary for Financial Services and the Treasury (zh t|t=財經事務及庫務局局長), head of Financial Services and the Treasury Bureau of the Hong Kong Government, is responsible for the monitoring of financial services sector and maintaining the assets… … Wikipedia
Financial Services Forum — The [http://www.financialservicesforum.org Financial Services Forum] is a non partisan financial and economic policy organization comprised of the CEOs of 20 of the largest and most diversified financial services institutions doing business in… … Wikipedia
United States Department of the Treasury — Infobox Government agency agency name = The Department of the Treasury seal width = 140 px seal caption = Treasury Seal formed = September 2, 1789 preceding1 = Board of Treasury jurisdiction = Federal government of the United States headquarters … Wikipedia
Department of the Treasury (Australia) — Department of the Treasury Agency overview Formed 1901 Jurisdiction Australia Headquarters Canberra Ministers responsible Wayne Swan, Treasurer Bill Shorten, Assistant Treasurer Ministe … Wikipedia
United States Secretary of the Navy — Secretary of the Navy SECNAV Flag of the Secretary of the Navy … Wikipedia
FutureView Financial Services Limited — Infobox Company company name = Futureview Financial Services Limited company company type = Privately held foundation = 1993 location = Lagos State key people = Elizabeth Ebi, MD/CEO Diamond Uju, Director Tochukwu Kemakolam, Company secretary… … Wikipedia
The United States of America — The United States of America † Catholic Encyclopedia ► The United States of America BOUNDARIES AND AREA On the east the boundary is formed by the St. Croix River and an arbitrary line to the St. John, and on the north by the… … Catholic encyclopedia