- Miniature inertial measurement unit (MIMU)
Miniature inertial measurement unit (MIMU) is an inertial measurement unit (IMU) developed and built by Honeywell International to control and stabilize spacecraft during mission operations. MIMUs can also be configured to perform as an inertial reference unit (IRU). MIMUs have been flown on GEO, Low Earth orbit (LEO), planetary missions and deep-space-probe applications.
Geostationary (GEO) missions
Low-Earth orbiting (LEO) Missions
- Mars Reconnaissance Orbiter – launched in 2005 on a mission to study the planet Mars
- STEREO – launched in 2006 on a mission to study the Sun
- Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter – launched in 2009 on a mission to study the Moon
Notes and references
- ^ "Mars Reconnaissance Orbiter Design Approach for High-Resolution Surface Imaging". PDF. American Astronautical Society. http://trs-new.jpl.nasa.gov/dspace/bitstream/2014/37230/1/03-0246.pdf. Retrieved 2006-07-29.
- ^ "Honeywell To Provide Miniature Inertial Measurement Units For STEREO Spacecraft". Web. Honeywell International, Inc.. http://www.honeywell.com/en/aerospace/announcement_details.jsp?rowID=115&docID=3995&catID=2. Retrieved 2006-10-25. [dead link]
- ^ "NASA GSFC Solicitation: Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter Intertial (LRO) Reference Unit (IRU)". Web. Moon Today. http://www.moontoday.net/news/viewsr.html?pid=19234. Retrieved 2006-11-01.
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Miniature Inertial Measurement Unit (MIMU) — is an Inertial Measurement Unit (IMU) developed and built by Honeywell International to control and stabilize spacecraft during mission operations. MIMUs can also be configured to perform as an Inertial Reference Unit (IRU). MIMUs have been flown … Wikipedia
STEREO — Infobox Spacecraft Name = STEREO Caption = One of two STEREO spacecraft Organization = NASA Major Contractors = Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory Collaborators = U of M the Paris Observatory Berkeley U.S. Naval Research… … Wikipedia
Space Integrated GPS/INS (SIGI) — is a strapdown Inertial Navigation Unit (INU) developed and built by Honeywell International to control and stabilize spacecraft during missions. It has integrated global positioning/inertial navigation to provide three navigation solutions: Pure … Wikipedia
New Horizons — For other uses, see New Horizons (disambiguation). New Horizons Operator NASA Major contractors Applied Physics Laboratory (APL) Southwest Research Institute (SwRI) … Wikipedia
Mars Reconnaissance Orbiter — Conceptual image depicting the Mars Reconnaissance Orbiter in an elliptical low planet orbit around Mars Operator NASA / JPL Major contractors Lockheed Ma … Wikipedia
HiRISE — Mars Reconnaissance Orbiter in einem Mars Orbit (künstlerische Darstellung) MRO in der Montagehalle kurz vor dem Start … Deutsch Wikipedia