Mineral Hill


Mineral Hill

Mineral Hill (63°29′S 57°3′W / 63.483°S 57.05°W / -63.483; -57.05) is a round-topped hill, 445 m, with ice-free, talus-covered slopes, standing 1.5 nautical miles (2.8 km) west of Trepassey Bay on Tabarin Peninsula. Probably first seen by the Swedish Antarctic Expedition under Nordenskjold, 1901-04. First charted by the Falkland Islands Dependencies Survey (FIDS) in 1946, who so named it because small quantities of reddish mineral in the rock gave the surfaces a conspicuous color.

 This article incorporates public domain material from the United States Geological Survey document "Mineral Hill" (content from the Geographic Names Information System).