- Milton Friedman bibliography
Books and articles for general audiences
- "Why Money Matters," Wall Street Journal, Nov. 17, 2006, p. A20 (last words)
- J. Daniel Hammond and Claire H. Hammond, ed., Making Chicago Price Theory: Friedman-Stigler Correspondence, 1945-1957. Routledge, 2006. 165 pp. ISBN 0-415-70078-7.
- "Reflections on A Monetary History," The Cato Journal, Vol. 23, 2004, essay
- Two Lucky People: Memoirs (with Rose Friedman) ISBN 0-226-26414-9 (1998) excerpt and text search
- George J. Stigler, 1911-1991: Biographical Memoir, (National Academy of Sciences: 1998), online
- "The Case for Free Trade" with Rose Friedman, 1997, Hoover Digest magazine article
- Money Mischief: Episodes in Monetary History (1994) ISBN 0-15-162042-3, 28 6pp.
- George Stigler: A Personal Reminiscence, Journal of Political Economy Vol. 101, No. 5 (Oct., 1993), pp. 768–773 JSTOR
- "The Drug War as a Socialist Enterprise," in Arnold S. Trebach, ed. Friedman and Szasz on Liberty and Drugs: Essays on the Free Market and Prohibition (Drug Policy Foundation Press: 1992)
- Economic Freedom, Human Freedom, Political Freedom ISBN 1-883969-00-X (1992), short pamphlet
- The Essence of Friedman, essays edited by Kurt R. Leube, (1987) (ISBN 0-8179-8662-6)
- "The Case for Overhauling the Federal Reserve," (1985), Challenge magazine article
- The Tyranny of the Status Quo (1984) ISBN 0151923795, 192pp
- Free to Choose: A personal statement, with Rose Friedman, (1980), highly influential restatement of policy views
- From Galbraith to Economic Freedom, Institute of Economic Affairs, Occasional Paper 49 (1977)
- There's No Such Thing as a Free Lunch (1975), columns from Newsweek magazine online version
- Unemployment versus Inflation?, Institute of Economic Affairs, Occasional Paper 44 (1975)
- Social Security: Universal or Selective? with Wilbur J. Cohen (1972)
- Capitalism and Freedom (1962), highly influential series of essays that established Friedman's position on major issues of public policy excerpts
- Roofs or Ceilings?: The Current Housing Problem with George J. Stigler. (Foundation for Economic Education, 1946), 22 pp. attacks rent control
- "Milton Friedman’s extempore comments at the 1989 Hawaii conference: on India, Israel, Palestine, the USA, Debt and its uses, Erhardt abolishing exchange controls, Etc" http://independentindian.com/1989/05/21/milton-friedmans-extempore-comments-at-the-1989-hawaii-conference-on-india-israel-palestine-the-usa-debt-and-its-uses-etc/
- The Power of Choice (2007) Free to Choose Media.
- Free to Choose (1980) (1990) Free to Choose.
- Free to Choose (1980) (1990) ideachannel.tv
- PRC Forum: Milton Friedman (1987) The Idea Channel.
- Milton Friedman interviewed (1991) about America's drug war.
- Monetary Revolutions (1992) The Idea Channel.
- Money (1992) The Idea Channel.
- Efforts in Eastern Europe to Localize Government (1993) The Idea Channel.
- Privatization Trends in Eastern Europe (1993) The Idea Channel.
- Health Care Reform (1992) The Idea Channel.
Scientific books and articles (in chronological order)
- "Professor Pigou's Method for Measuring Elasticities of Demand From Budgetary Data" The Quarterly Journal of Economics Vol. 50, No. 1 (Nov., 1935), pp. 151–163 JSTOR
- "Marginal Utility of Money and Elasticities of Demand," The Quarterly Journal of Economics Vol. 50, No. 3 (May, 1936), pp. 532–533 JSTOR
- "The Use of Ranks to Avoid the Assumption of Normality Implicit in the Analysis of Variance," Journal of the American Statistical Association Vol. 32, No. 200 (Dec., 1937), pp. 675–701 JSTOR
- "The Inflationary Gap: II. Discussion of the Inflationary Gap," American Economic Review Vol. 32, No. 2, Part 1 (Jun., 1942), pp. 314–320 JSTOR
- "The Spendings Tax as a Wartime Fiscal Measure," American Economic Review Vol. 33, No. 1, Part 1 (Mar., 1943), pp. 50–62 JSTOR
- Taxing to Prevent Inflation: Techniques for Estimating Revenue Requirements (Columbia U.P. 1943, 236pp) with Carl Shoup and Ruth P. Mack
- Income from Independent Professional Practice with Simon Kuznets (1945), Friedman's PhD thesis
- "Lange on Price Flexibility and Employment: A Methodological Criticism," American Economic Review Vol. 36, No. 4 (Sep., 1946), pp. 613–631 JSTOR
- "Utility Analysis of Choices Involving Risk" with Leonard Savage, 1948, Journal of Political Economy Vol. 56, No. 4 (Aug., 1948), pp. 279–304 JSTOR
- "A Monetary and Fiscal Framework for Economic Stability", 1948, American Economic Review, Vol. 38, No. 3 (Jun., 1948), pp. 245–264 JSTOR
- "A Fiscal and Monetary Framework for Economic Stability," Econometrica Vol. 17, Supplement: Report of the Washington Meeting (Jul., 1949), pp. 330–332 JSTOR
- "The Marshallian Demand Curve," The Journal of Political Economy Vol. 57, No. 6 (Dec., 1949), pp. 463–495 JSTOR
- "Wesley C. Mitchell as an Economic Theorist," The Journal of Political Economy Vol. 58, No. 6 (Dec., 1950), pp. 465–493 JSTOR
- "Some Comments on the Significance of Labor Unions for Economic Policy", 1951, in D. McC. Wright, editor, The Impact of the Union.
- "Commodity-Reserve Currency," Journal of Political Economy Vol. 59, No. 3 (Jun., 1951), pp. 203–232 JSTOR
- "Price, Income, and Monetary Changes in Three Wartime Periods," American Economic Review Vol. 42, No. 2, Papers and Proceedings of the Sixty-fourth Annual Meeting of the American Economic Association (May, 1952), pp. 612–625 JSTOR
- "The Expected-Utility Hypothesis and the Measurability of Utility", with Leonard Savage, 1952, Journal of Political Economy Vol. 60, No. 6 (Dec., 1952), pp. 463–474 JSTOR
- The Methodology of Positive Economics (1953)
- Essays in Positive Economics (1953)
- "Choice, Chance, and the Personal Distribution of Income," Journal of Political Economy Vol. 61, No. 4 (Aug., 1953), pp. 277–290 JSTOR
- "A Memorandum to the Government of India November 1955", MS first published at University of Hawaii May 21, 1989; first published in the book Foundations of India's Political Economy, edited by Subroto Roy & WE James, Sage 1992
- "The Quantity Theory of Money: A restatement", 1956, in Friedman, editor, Studies in Quantity Theory.
- A Theory of the Consumption Function (1957)
- "A Statistical Illusion in Judging Keynesian Models" with Gary S. Becker, Journal of Political Economy Vol. 65, No. 1 (Feb., 1957), pp. 64–75 JSTOR
- "The Supply of Money and Changes in Prices and Output", 1958, in Relationship of Prices to Economic Stability and Growth.
- "The Demand for Money: Some Theoretical and Empirical Results," Journal of Political Economy Vol. 67, No. 4 (Aug., 1959), pp. 327–351 JSTOR
- A Program for Monetary Stability (Fordham University Press, 1960) 110 pp online version
- "Monetary Data and National Income Estimates," Economic Development and Cultural Change Vol. 9, No. 3, (Apr., 1961), pp. 267–286 JSTOR
- "The Lag in Effect of Monetary Policy," Journal of Political EconomyVol. 69, No. 5 (Oct., 1961), pp. 447–466 JSTOR
- Price Theory ISBN 0-202-06074-8 (1962), college textbook online version
- "The Interpolation of Time Series by Related Series," Journal of the American Statistical Association Vol. 57, No. 300 (Dec., 1962), pp. 729–757 JSTOR
- "Should There be an Independent Monetary Authority?", in L.B. Yeager, editor, In Search of a Monetary Constitution
- Inflation: Causes and consequences, 1963.
- "Money and Business Cycles," The Review of Economics and Statistics Vol. 45, No. 1, Part 2, Supplement (Feb., 1963), pp. 32–64 JSTOR
- A Monetary History of the United States, 1867-1960, with Anna J. Schwartz, 1963; part 3 reprinted as The Great Contraction
- "Money and Business Cycles" with A. J. Schwartz, 1963, Review of Economics & Statistics.
- "The Relative Stability of Monetary Velocity and the Investment Multiplier in the United States, 1898-1958", with D. Meiselman, 1963, in Stabilization Policies.
- "A Reply to Donald Hester", with D. Meiselman, 1964
- "Reply to Ando and Modigliani and to DePrano and Mayer," with David Meiselman. American Economic Review Vol. 55, No. 4 (Sep., 1965), pp. 753–785 JSTOR
- "Interest Rates and the Demand for Money," Journal of Law and Economics Vol. 9 (Oct., 1966), pp. 71–85 JSTOR
- The Balance of Payments: Free Versus Fixed Exchange Rates with Robert V. Roosa (1967)
- "The Monetary Theory and Policy of Henry Simons," Journal of Law and Economics Vol. 10 (Oct., 1967), pp. 1–13 JSTOR
- "What Price Guideposts?", in G.P. Schultz, R.Z. Aliber, editors, Guidelines
- "The Role of Monetary Policy." American Economic Review, Vol. 58, No. 1 (Mar., 1968), pp. 1–17 JSTOR presidential address to American Economics Association
- "Money: the Quantity Theory", 1968, IESS
- "The Definition of Money: Net Wealth and Neutrality as Criteria" with Anna J. Schwartz, Journal of Money, Credit and Banking Vol. 1, No. 1 (Feb., 1969), pp. 1–14 JSTOR
- 'Monetary vs. Fiscal Policy with Walter W. Heller (1969)
- "Comment on Tobin", 1970, Quarterly Journal of Economics
- "Monetary Statistics of the United States: Sources, methods. with Anna J. Schwartz, 1970.
- "A Theoretical Framework for Monetary Analysis," Journal of Political Economy Vol. 78, No. 2 (Mar., 1970), pp. 193–238 JSTOR
- The Counter-Revolution in Monetary Theory 1970.
- "A Monetary Theory of Nominal Income", 1971, Journal of Political Economy JSTOR
- "Government Revenue from Inflation," Journal of Political Economy Vol. 79, No. 4 (Jul., 1971), pp. 846–856 JSTOR
- "Have Monetary Policies Failed?" American Economic Review Vol. 62, No. 1/2 (1972), pp. 11–18 JSTOR
- "Comments on the Critics," Journal of Political Economy Vol. 80, No. 5 (Sep., 1972), pp. 906–950 JSTOR
- "Comments on the Critics", 1974, in Gordon, ed. Milton Friedman and his Critics.
- "Monetary Correction: A proposal for escalation clauses to reduce the cost of ending inflation", 1974
- The Optimum Quantity of Money: And Other Essays (1976)
- Milton Friedman in Australia, 1975 (1975)
- Milton Friedman's Monetary Framework: A Debate with His Critics (1975) excerpt and text search
- "Comments on Tobin and Buiter", 1976, in J. Stein, editor, Monetarism.
- "Inflation and Unemployment: Nobel lecture", 1977, Journal of Political Economy. Vol. 85, pp. 451–72. JSTOR
- "Interrelations between the United States and the United Kingdom, 1873-1975.", with A.J. Schwartz, 1982, J Int Money and Finance
- Monetary Trends in the United States and the United Kingdom: Their relations to income, prices and interest rates, 1876-1975. with Anna J. Schwartz, 1982
- "Monetary Policy: Theory and Practice," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking Vol. 14, No. 1 (Feb., 1982), pp. 98–118 JSTOR
- "Monetary Policy: Tactics versus strategy", 1984, in Moore, editor, To Promote Prosperity.
- "Lessons from the 1979-1982 Monetary Policy Experiment," American Economic Review Vol. 74, No. 2, Papers and Proceedings ... of the American Economic Association (May, 1984), pp. 397–401.
- "Has Government Any Role in Money?" with Anna J. Schwartz, 1986, JME
- "Quantity Theory of Money", in J. Eatwell, M. Milgate, P. Newman, eds., The New Palgrave (1998)
- "Money and the Stock Market," Journal of Political Economy Vol. 96, No. 2 (Apr., 1988), pp. 221–245 JSTOR
- "Bimetallism Revisited," Journal of Economic Perspectives Vol. 4, No. 4 (Autumn, 1990), pp. 85–104 JSTOR
- "The Crime of 1873," Journal of Political Economy Vol. 98, No. 6 (Dec., 1990), pp. 1159–1194 JSTOR
- "Franklin D. Roosevelt, Silver, and China," Journal of Political Economy Vol. 100, No. 1 (Feb., 1992), pp. 62–83 JSTOR
- Milton Friedman on Economics: Selected Papers by Milton Friedman, edited by Gary S. Becker (2008)
- Butler, Eamonn. "Milton Friedman: A Guide to His Economic Thought" ISBN 978-0876634769 Introductory guide to Milton Friedman
- Chao, Hsiang-ke. "Milton Friedman and the Emergence of the Permanent Income Hypothesis" History of Political Economy 2003 35(1): 77-104. ISSN 0018-2702 Fulltext in Project Muse
- A.W. (Bob) Coats; "The Legacy of Milton Friedman as Teacher" Economic Record, Vol. 77, 2001
- Doherty, Brian. Radicals for Capitalism: A Freewheeling History of the Modern American Libertarian Movement (2007)
- Ebenstein, Lanny. Milton Friedman: A Biography (2007) excerpt and text search
- Frazer, William. Power and Ideas: Milton Friedman and the Big U-Turn. Vol. 1: The Background. Vol. 2: The U-Turn. Gainesville, Fla.: Gulf/Atlantic, 1988. 867 pp.
- Hammond, J. Daniel. "Remembering Economics" Journal of the History of Economic Thought 2003 25(2): 133-143. ISSN 1042-7716; focus is on Friedman
- Hirsch, Abraham, and Neil de Marchi. Milton Friedman: Economics in Theory and Practice (1990) his methodology
- Jordan, Jerry L., Allan H. Meltzer, Thomas J. Sargent and Anna J. Schwartz; "Milton, Money, and Mischief: Symposium and Articles in Honor of Milton Friedman's 80th Birthday" Economic Inquiry. Volume: 31. Issue: 2. 1993. pp 197+. in JSTOR
- Kasper, Sherryl. The Revival of Laissez-Faire in American Macroeconomic Theory: A Case Study of Its Pioneers (2002)
- Krugman, Paul. "Who Was Milton Friedman?" New York Review of Books Vol 54#2 Feb. 15, 2007 online version
- Leeson, Robert, ed. Ideology and International Economy: The Decline and Fall of Bretton Woods (2003)
- Powell, Jim. The Triumph of Liberty (New York: Free Press, 2000). See profile of Friedman in the chapter "Inflation and Depression."
- Rayack; Elton. Not So Free to Choose: The Political Economy of Milton Friedman and Ronald Reagan Praeger, 1987; attacks Friedman's policies from the left online version
- Roy, Subroto, "Milton Friedman, A Man of Reason (1912-2006), Obituary in The Statesman newspaper Perspective Page, www.thestatesman.net, November 22, 2006, also available at http://independentindian.com/2006/11/22/milton-friedman-a-man-of-reason-1912-2006/
- Tavlas, George S. "Retrospectives: Was the Monetarist Tradition Invented?" Journal of Economic Perspectives 1998 12(4): 211-222. ISSN 0895-3309 Fulltext in JSTOR
- Stigler, George Joseph. Memoirs of an Unregulated Economist (1988)
- Wahid, Abu N. M. ed; Frontiers of Economics: Nobel Laureates of the Twentieth Century. Greenwood Press. 2002 pp 109–15.
- Walters, Alan (1987), “Friedman, Milton," New Palgrave: A Dictionary of Economics, v. 2, 422-26
- Wikipedia—Daniel E. Witte--(Under "Clerkship, Early Career, and Collaboration with Dr. Milton Friedman"). Dr. Milton Friedman's views about the economics of home education.
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
См. также в других словарях:
Milton Friedman — Chicago School of Economics Born July 31, 1912(1912 07 31) Brooklyn, New York … Wikipedia
FRIEDMAN, MILTON — (1912– ), U.S. economist. Friedman, who was born in Rahway, New Jersey, received his B.A. from Rutgers University in 1932, his M.A. from the University of Chicago in 1933, and his Ph.D. from Columbia University in 1946. He began working for the U … Encyclopedia of Judaism
Bibliography — INTRODUCTION The imposing number of books and articles that have been published in recent years about the Holocaust has made it necessary to prioritize the literature in regard to significance. As a consequence, a bibliography of the… … Historical dictionary of the Holocaust
Bibliography — I. INTRODUCTION The bibliography is arranged by classes and subclasses. With very few exceptions, only works published after 1945 have been included. For historical works, one should consult George Black s A Gypsy Bibliography (Edinburgh:… … Historical dictionary of the Gypsies
Bibliography — Any historian of the Russian intelligence and security services is bedeviled by questions of quantity and quality of information. This bibliography is a selection of relevant and important books and articles mostly in English and Russian that… … Historical dictionary of Russian and Soviet Intelligence
Bibliography — Contents I. Introduction 453 II. Presidential Papers 462 III. Bibliographies and Encyclopedias 463 IV. General Surveys 463 V. The Crash and the Great Depression 465 VI. Franklin D. Roosevelt and the New Deal 466 VII.… … Historical Dictionary of the Roosevelt–Truman Era
Bibliography — BOOKS ABOUT THE HISTORY OF PSYCHIATRIC ILLNESS ◘ Bell, Rudolph M. (1985). Holy Anorexia. Chicago: University of Chicago Press. ◘ Brumberg, Joan Jacobs. (1988). Fasting Girls: The Emergence of Anorexia Nervosa as a Modern Disease. Cambridge, MA:… … Historical dictionary of Psychiatry
David D. Friedman — For other people of the same name, see David Friedman (disambiguation). David Director Friedman Chicago School of Economics David Friedman discusses his recent book Future Imperfect at the Cato Institute, November 6, 2008 … Wikipedia
Charles Sanders Peirce bibliography — C. S. Peirce articles General: Charles Sanders Peirce Charles Sanders Peirce bibliography Philosophical: Categories (Peirce) Semiotic elements and classes of signs (Peirce) Pragmatic maxim • Pragmaticism… … Wikipedia
Conservatism in the United States — For related and other uses, see Conservatism (disambiguation). Part of a series on Conservatism … Wikipedia