- Milrose Munce and the Den of Professional Help
Milrose Munce and the Den of Professional Help Author(s) Douglas Cooper Cover artist Anita Fontaine Country Canada Genre(s) Gothic, Young adult Publisher Random House (Canada), Quercus (London) Publication date 2007 Media type Print (paperback)and Kindle digital Pages 225 (British edition) ISBN ISBN 978 1 84724 428 4 Preceded by Delirium Followed by Milrose Munce and the Plague of the Toxic Fungus
Milrose Munce and the Den of Professional Help (2008) is the first young adult novel by Douglas Anthony Cooper and his third book overall. In it, teenaged Milrose and his friend Arabella can see the ghosts that inhabit their school. The story pits them against the school psychologist charged with convincing them that this is impossible.
The book was published for Amazon Kindle in 2010. It was followed by a sequel, Milrose Munce and the Plague of the Toxic Fungus, published on Kindle in 2011.
- Toronto's Globe and Mail hailed Cooper's once "obscure" novel as a "chart-topper" when its sales exceeded Twilight, the Harry Potter series and Alice in Wonderland in their relevant categories of e-book sales.
- The Financial Times writes "appealing to the misfit in all of us, Milrose Munce is a grand, gigglesome read."
- Back to Books says "Filled with magic, ghosts, exorcists and students who see dead people, readers who enjoyed such books as A Series of Unfortunate Events or the Pure Dead books by Debi Gliori will love this."
- The Sowetan says it "makes you question" basic human nature, and that "Milrose is enlightened by ghostly apparitions and relies less on the lessons he learns in the classroom than he does on the quirky conversations he has with the dead."
- Relish magazine writes, "This book is simply brilliant and I recommend it to anyone, any age, any time."
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Douglas Anthony Cooper — This article is about the writer. For the American Civil War general, see Douglas H. Cooper. Douglas Anthony Cooper is a writer originally from Canada, who lived for many years in New York City and currently resides in Oaxaca, Mexico. He trained… … Wikipedia
Delirium (Cooper novel) — Delirium Author(s) Douglas Cooper … Wikipedia