- Milan Metro Line 4
The Line 4 is a new underground rapid transit line under construction in Milan, Italy, part of the Milan Metro system. The line was planned to be completed in 2015, as part of the works for the upcoming Milan Expo. However, delays in planning, financing and construction works will probably force to postpone the complete opening, and only the first part of the line is now expected to open by 2015.
The line, when complete, will be 15 km (9.3 mi) long with 21 stations. The expected annual ridership is 87 million. The total estimated cost is about €1.7 billion. 786 million will be granted by the government, 512 million will come by private investors and 400 from the city of Milan. The line will feature completely automatic driverless trains.
The line is planned to connect the south-western neighborhood of Lorenteggio with the Linate Airport on the east, passing through the city center. Works were planned to begin at Lorenteggio; however, since only one part could be finished in time for the Expo, the one connecting Linate Airport to the city was chosen to be the most important and therefore construction works will proceed in the opposite direction.
Phase 1 (2015) Phase 2 (?) Station Name Transfer Grade Lorenteggio  Underground Segneri Underground Gelsomini Underground Frattini Underground Tolstoj Underground Washington-Bolivar Underground Foppa Underground Parco Solari Underground Sant'Ambrogio Underground De Amicis Underground Vetra Underground Santa Sofia Underground Sforza-Policlinico  Underground San Babila Underground Tricolore Underground Dateo Underground Susa Underground Argonne Underground Forlanini FS Underground Forlanini Underground Linate Aereoporto Underground
- ^ "Metrò 4, aprono i cantieri". Corriere della Sera Milano. http://milano.corriere.it/milano/notizie/cronaca/11_maggio_10/metropolitana-4-linea-blu-aprono-cantieri-190606819302.shtml. Retrieved 26 September 2011.
- ^ "Tabacci: a rischio il secondo lotto della M4". Corriere della Sera Milano. http://milano.corriere.it/milano/notizie/cronaca/11_luglio_29/tabacci-m4-rischio-finanziamenti-expo-1901201418693.shtml. Retrieved 26 September 2011.
- ^ a b "Metrò 4 "dimezzato". Per l'Expo arriverà solo a Dateo o a San Babila". Corriere della Sera Milano. http://milano.corriere.it/milano/notizie/cronaca/11_luglio_6/expo-metro-dimezzata-1901028755296.shtml. Retrieved 26 September 2011.
- ^ a b "M4, lavori assegnati a Impregilo e Atm". Corriere della Sera Milano. http://milano.corriere.it/milano/notizie/cronaca/11_maggio_27/metropolitana-quattro-190741492144.shtml. Retrieved 26 September 2011.
- ^ "Metropolitana M4 approvata, realizzazione Linate – Lorenteggio al via". Cronaca Milano. http://www.cronacamilano.it/cronaca/3268-metropolitana-m4-approvata-realizzazione-linate-lorenteggio-al-via.html. Retrieved 26 September 2011.
- ^ Linked to San Cristoforo railway station
- ^ Linked to Crocetta
Urban rail transport in Milan Milan Metro Suburban railwayS1 • S2 • S3 • S4 • S5 • S6 • S7 • S8 • S9 • S10 • S11 ATM (Azienda Trasporti Milanesi) • Trenord • Milan trams • Railway stations in Milan
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Milan Metro Line 1 — M1 Overview Type Rapid Transit System … Wikipedia
Milan Metro Line 2 — M2 Overview Type Rapid Transit System … Wikipedia
Milan Metro Line 3 — M3 … Wikipedia
Milan Metro Line 5 — M5 logo Line 5 is an under construction line of the Milan Metro, Italy, that will connect the downtown Porta Garibaldi railway station with the north eastern suburb, at the via Bignami viale Testi intersection. The line will be built in several… … Wikipedia
Milan Metro — Line 2 at Porta Garibaldi Info … Wikipedia
Montenapoleone (Milan Metro) — Montenapoleone … Wikipedia
Duomo (Milan Metro) — Duomo … Wikipedia
Missori (Milan Metro) — Missori Station statistics Address Piazza Giuseppe Missori, Milan … Wikipedia
Crocetta (Milan Metro) — Crocetta Station statistics Address Largo della Crocetta, Milan … Wikipedia
Dergano (Milan Metro) — Dergano … Wikipedia