- Midnight Blue (TV series)
Midnight Blue Format Independently produced TV Series Created by Al Goldstein Starring Al Goldstein Country of origin USA Broadcast Original run 1974 – 2003
The show debuted in 1974, as Screw publisher Al Goldstein parlayed his publishing success into a cable access show, a freeform interview program that played on the late night airwaves of Manhattan cable for more than twenty-five years.
Midnight Blue was the subject of controversy when Al Goldstein testified before the United States Supreme Court in 1995 as part of a law suit brought against Time Warner Cable's plan to scramble sexually explicit public access programs unless subscribers gave written consent for them. The Supreme Court ultimately ruled in Goldstein's favor in 2000.
- ^ a b Monday, Jun. 07, 1976 (1976-06-07). "Time". Time. http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,947724,00.html. Retrieved 2010-11-02.
- ^ "DVD Verdict". DVD Verdict. 2009-08-01. http://www.dvdverdict.com/reviews/pornstars90.php. Retrieved 2010-11-02.
- ^ Jane, Ian (2006). "DVD Talk". DVD Talk. http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/19654/midnight-blue-vol-3-celebrities/. Retrieved 2010-11-02.
- ^ Paumgarten, Nick (2009-01-07). "The New Yorker". The New Yorker. http://www.newyorker.com/talk/content/?050103ta_talk_paumgarten. Retrieved 2010-11-02.
- ^ Jane, Ian (2006-06-27). "DVD Talk". DVD Talk. http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/22109/midnight-blue-vol-4-freaks-geeks/. Retrieved 2010-11-02.
- ^ New York Times (1995). "2 Stars of Explicit Cable Shows Plead for Free-Speech Protection". New York Times. http://www.nytimes.com/1995/09/19/nyregion/2-stars-of-explicit-cable-shows-plead-for-free-speech-protection.html. Retrieved 2010-11-03.
- ^ Gay, Jason (2000). "Supreme Court Cable-Porn Ruling Clears Way for Boogie Mornings". New York Observer. http://www.observer.com/node/42982. Retrieved 2010-11-03.
- ^ "Films In Review". Films In Review. 2005-06-28. http://www.filmsinreview.com/2005/06/28/midnight-blue-vol-1-deep-throat-edition/. Retrieved 2010-11-02.
- ^ Svetkey, Benjamin (1990-10-26). "Entertaninment Weekly". Ew.com. http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,318457,00.html. Retrieved 2010-11-02.
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Midnight blue (disambiguation) — Midnight blue is a color Midnight blue may also refer to: Midnight Blue (TV series), a sexually themed TV show in New York City, hosted by Al Goldstein Midnight Blue (cheese) or Aura, a brand of blue cheese made by the Finnish company Valio… … Wikipedia
Blue Note Records discography — The discography of Jazz music record label Blue Note Records is one of greatest in both size and quality. [ [http://plosin.com/milesAhead/BluenoteLabel.html The Blue Note Label ] ] Many, if not most, of records were studio albums produced under… … Wikipedia
Midnight Oil — at Manly Leagues Club, 2005 Background information Origin Sydney, Australia … Wikipedia
Midnight Horror School — (Japanese: ミッドナイトホラースクール) is an Japanese computer generated anime series created by Naomi Iwata (who also created Pecola), and produced by Milky Cartoon. The series began in 2002, and airs on the satellite network Animax in Asia, Australia and… … Wikipedia
Midnight Oil discography — Midnight Oil discography The Oils at Manly Leagues Club in 2005 Releases ↙Studio albums 11 … Wikipedia
Midnight Louie — is the name of a slightly overweight (20 pounds) fictional black cat in a series of mystery novels by author Carole Nelson Douglas, and the general title for the same series. Each volume of the series is told from the point of view of the cat s… … Wikipedia
Midnight Ramblers — All Male Contemporary A Cappella Group Origin University of Rochester Years Active 1998 Present Founder Jonathan Huang Website www.midnightramb … Wikipedia
Midnight Lightning — Studio album by Jimi Hendrix Released November 1975 ( … Wikipedia
Midnight Man (TV serial) — Midnight Man Midnight Man intertitle Genre Thriller Written by David Kane Directed by … Wikipedia
Midnight Stranger — (1994) is the first of two published interactive multimedia CD ROM based collaborations between writer and director Jeff Green and the Animatics Multimedia Corporation. Noted for its cinéma vérité style, it is a Point Of View (POV) video based … Wikipedia