- Middle Men (film)
Directed by George Gallo Produced by Christopher Mallick
Written by George Gallo
Starring Luke Wilson
Music by Brian Tyler Cinematography Lukas Ettlin Editing by Malcolm Campbell Studio Oxymoron Entertainment
Distributed by Paramount Vantage Release date(s) May 17, 2009(Cannes)
August 6, 2010 (United States)
Running time 105 minutes Country United States Language English Budget $20 million Box office $754,301
Middle Men is a 2010 comedy-drama film directed by George Gallo and written by Gallo and Andy Weiss. It stars Luke Wilson, Giovanni Ribisi, Gabriel Macht and James Caan. The film is based on the experiences of producer Christopher Mallick at Paycom, an internet billing company dealing with the U.S. pornography industry.
In 1997, straight-and-narrow businessman Jack Harris (Luke Wilson) who builds the first online billing company dealing exclusively with adult entertainment, finds himself in the middle of a whirlwind filled with porn stars, con men, Russian mobsters, federal agents, and international terrorists. Caught between a porn star and the FBI, Harris learns that even becoming one of the wealthiest entrepreneurs of his generation may not be enough to keep him out of trouble.
- Luke Wilson as Jack Harris
- Giovanni Ribisi as Wayne Beering
- Gabriel Macht as Buck Dolby
- James Caan as Jerry Haggerty
- Laura Ramsey as Audrey Dawn
- Jacinda Barrett as Diana Harris
- Kelsey Grammer as District Attorney Frank Griffin
- Terry Crews as James
- Kevin Pollak as Curt Allmans
- Robert Forster as Louie La La
- Rade Šerbedžija as Nikita Sokoloff
- Jesse Jane as herself
Middle Men was released on August 6, 2010.
The first official theatrical trailer for the film was released on June 16, 2010.
A red band trailer was released on July 10, 2010.
A long take sequence taking place at an orgy was cut from the film. The scene's inclusion would have pushed the film from an R rating to an NC17 rating. The scene was subsequently leaked to adult video clip website Pornhub. It was subsequently included on the home-video release.
The film received mixed reviews. Rotten Tomatoes gives the film a score of 41% based on 46 reviews. The site consensus is "Middle Men benefits from a solid cast, particularly Luke Wilson, but its muddled script lets them down". Metacritic gives the film a weighted average score of 60% based on reviews from 20 critics.
The film grossed only $733,000 at the box office during its three-week run. The budget was $20 million.
Middle Men was released February 8, 2011.
Two soundtrack albums were released, both on August 3, 2010: Middle Men: Original Motion Picture Score, composed by Brian Tyler, and Middle Men: Original Motion Picture Soundtrack, collecting songs used in the film.
All songs written and composed by Brian Tyler.
- ^ Rich, Katey (2010-02-19). "Paramount Picks Up Luke Wilson Indie Middle Men". Cinema Blend. http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Paramount-Picks-Up-Luke-Wilson-Indie-Middle-Men-17152.html. Retrieved 19 November 2010.
- ^ a b c "Middle Men". Box Office Mojo. Amazon.com. http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=middlemen.htm.
- ^ "Middle Men - Box Office Data, Movie News, Cast Information". The Numbers. http://www.the-numbers.com/movies/2010/MIDMN.php. Retrieved 2010-09-16.
- ^ Dave McNary (2008-09-18). "Wilson, Ribisi to star in 'Middle Men'". Variety. http://www.variety.com/article/VR1117992442.html. Retrieved 2009-04-01.
- ^ "Middle Men Full Trailer". The Film Stage. June 16, 2010. http://thefilmstage.com/2010/06/16/george-gallos-middle-men-trailer-chronicles-the-birth-of-internet-porn/. Retrieved June 16, 2010.
- ^ "Luke Wilson's New Movie -- Deleted Orgy Scene". July 23, 2010. http://www.tmz.com/2010/07/23/luke-wilson-porn-movie-middle-men-deleted-scene-orgy-nc-17/.
- ^ "Middle Men (2010)". Rotten Tomatoes. Flixster. http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/middle_men/.
- ^ "Middle Men". Metacritic. CBS. http://www.metacritic.com/movie/middle-men.
- Official website
- Middle Men at the Internet Movie Database
- Middle Men at AllRovi
- Middle Men at Box Office Mojo
- Middle Men at Rotten Tomatoes
- Middle Men at the TCM Movie Database
Films directed by George Gallo 1990s 2000s 2010sMiddle Men (2010) · Columbus Circle (2011)
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Middle Men — Données clés Réalisation George Gallo Scénario George Gallo Andy Weiss Acteurs principaux Luke Wilson Giovanni Ribisi Gabriel Macht James Caan Sociétés de production Oxymoron Entertainment … Wikipédia en Français
No Country for Old Men (film) — No Country for Old Men Theatrical release poster Directed by Joel Coen Ethan Coen … Wikipedia
Of Gods and Men (film) — Of Gods and Men Theatrical release poster Directed by Xavier Beauvois Produced by Pascal Caucheteux Etienne Comar … Wikipedia
Middle man — or middleman may refer to: wholesaler or reseller Middle Man (album), a 1980 album by Boz Scaggs Middleman (band), a 4 piece alternative band based in Leeds in West Yorkshire, England The Middleman (TV series), an ABC Family TV series based on… … Wikipedia
Men of Twilight — In the fiction of J. R. R. Tolkien, Men of Twilight was a term used by the Númenóreans for Men of Middle earth who were related to the Edain, the ancestors of the Númenóreans themselves. This contrasts with the Gondorians, Men of Light , and the… … Wikipedia
Men in Black III — Teaser poster Directed by Barry Sonnenfeld Produced by … Wikipedia
Men O' War — Theatrical poster Directed by Lewis R. Foster Produced by … Wikipedia
Men in Black: Alien Attack — Men In Black Alien Attack The exterior of the Men in Black: Alien Attack attraction at Universal Studios Florida Location … Wikipedia
Men of Israel — Directed by Michael Lucas Produced by Lucas Entertainment … Wikipedia
Men in Black (song) — Men in Black Single by Will Smith featuring Coko of SWV from the album Big Willie Style and Men in Black: The Album … Wikipedia