- Microsoft Safety Scanner
Microsoft Safety Scanner Original author(s) Microsoft Corporation Initial release 12 April 2011 Development status Active Operating system Windows 7; Windows Server 2003; Windows Vista; Windows XP Platform IA-32 and x86-64[a] Size 70 Megabyte Available in 56 languages[b] Type Virus scanner License Freeware but only for software developers Website microsoft.com/security/scanner/
Microsoft Safety Scanner is a free disposable virus scanner similar to Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool which can be used to scan a system for computer viruses and other forms of malware. This program was released on 15 April 2011, following the discontinuation of Windows Live OneCare Safety Scanner.
Microsoft Safety Scanner is not meant to be used as a day-to-day tool, since it does not provide real-time protection against viruses, cannot update its virus definitions and expires after ten days. On the other hand, it can be run on a computer which already has an antivirus product without any potential interference. Therefore, it can be used to scan a computer where there is a potential infection and the user wants a second check from another antivirus. It uses the same detection engine and malware definitions that Microsoft Security Essentials and Microsoft Forefront Endpoint Protection use.
- ^ "System Requirements". Microsoft Safety Scanner website. Microsoft Corporation. http://www.microsoft.com/security/scanner/en-us/SysReq.aspx. Retrieved 22 April 2011.
- ^ a b c "Microsoft Safety Scanner". Microsoft Safety Scanner website. Microsoft Corporation. http://www.microsoft.com/security/scanner/en-us/default.aspx. Retrieved 22 April 2011.
- ^ a b "MICROSOFT SOFTWARE LICENSE TERMS MICROSOFT SAFETY SCANNER 1.0". Microsoft Safety Scanner website. Microsoft Corporation. Archived from the original on 2011-04-22. http://www.webcitation.org/query?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.microsoft.com%2Fsecurity%2Fscanner%2Fen-us%2FEula.aspx&date=2011-04-22. Retrieved 22 April 2011. "INSTALLATION AND USE RIGHTS. You may install and use one copy of the software on your device to design, develop and test your programs."
- ^ "Windows Live OneCare Safety Scanner finally discontinued". LiveSide.Net. 15 April 2011. http://www.liveside.net/2011/04/15/windows-live-onecare-safety-scanner-finally-discontinued/. Retrieved 20 April 2011.
- ^ Nick Peers, Nick (16 April 2011). "Microsoft Safety Scanner (64-bit version) 1.0.3001.0". PC Advisor. IDG. http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/downloads/3249305/microsoft-safety-scanner-64-bit-version-1030010/. Retrieved 20 April 2011.
- ^ "Presenting... the Microsoft Safety Scanner". Microsoft Malware Protection Center. Microsoft Corporation. 12 May 2011. http://blogs.technet.com/b/mmpc/archive/2011/05/12/presenting-the-microsoft-safety-scanner.aspx. Retrieved 13 May 2011.
- ^ Introducing Microsoft Antimalware Technologies. Microsoft Corporation. 22 June 2010. p. 9. http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?displaylang=en&id=26643. Retrieved 28 September 2011.
- "Anti-virus to go: Microsoft makes portable anti-virus tool available to download". The H Security. Heise Media UK Ltd. 19 April 2011. http://www.h-online.com/security/news/item/Anti-virus-to-go-Microsoft-makes-portable-anti-virus-tool-available-to-download-1230253.html. Retrieved 20 April 2011.
- Peers, Nick (17 April 2011). "Microsoft Safety Scanner detects and removes threats without installation". PC & Tech Authority. Haymarket Media. http://www.pcauthority.com.au/News/254790,microsoft-safety-scanner-detects-and-removes-threats-without-installation.aspx. Retrieved 20 April 2011.
- Brinkmann, Martin (14 April 2011). "Microsoft Safety Scanner, Free On-Demand Virus Scanner". ghacks.net. http://www.ghacks.net/2011/04/14/microsoft-safety-scanner-free-on-demand-virus-scanner/. Retrieved 20 April 2011.
Microsoft security products Numbers in brackets are the years of the initial release of the product. For Windows For Windows ServerOthers Discontinued Related topics
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Windows Live OneCare Safety Scanner — Infobox Software name = Windows Live OneCare Safety Scanner caption = Windows Live OneCare Safety Scanner developer = Microsoft latest release version = 1.2.969 latest release date = 2006 08 14 operating system = Microsoft Windows genre = Anti… … Wikipedia
Microsoft Forefront Threat Management Gateway — 2010 … Wikipedia
Microsoft Security Essentials — Microsoft Security Essentials … Wikipedia
Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer — Screenshot of Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer analysis result Deve … Wikipedia
Microsoft Forefront — logo Microsoft Forefront is a family of line of business security software by Microsoft Corporation. Microsoft Forefront products protect computer networks, network servers (such as Microsoft Exchange Server and Microsoft SharePoint Server) and… … Wikipedia
Microsoft Forefront Online Protection for Exchange — (FOPE) is a hosted e mail security service, owned by Microsoft, that removes spam and viruses from e mail messages. The service does not require client software installation, but is activated by changing each customer s MX record. Each… … Wikipedia
Microsoft Forefront Unified Access Gateway — Unified Access Gateway Original author(s) Microsoft corporation … Wikipedia
Microsoft Anti-Virus — (MSAV) was an antivirus program introduced by Microsoft for its MS DOS operating system. The program first appeared in MS DOS version 6.0 and last appeared in version 6.22. The first version of the antivirus program was quite rudimentary, had no… … Wikipedia
Microsoft Office Web Applications — Développeur Microsoft Environnement Microsoft Win … Wikipédia en Français
Microsoft Network Passport — Windows Live ID Windows Live ID (anciennement .NET Passport et Microsoft Passport Network) est un service mis en place par Microsoft destiné à faciliter l identifiation sur les sites Internet. Il permet, grâce à une unique adresse de messagerie… … Wikipédia en Français