- Microsoft Entertainment Pack: The Puzzle Collection
Microsoft Entertainment Pack: The Puzzle Collection Developer(s) Mir - Dialogue
Conspiracy Entertainment (GBC)
Publisher(s) Microsoft Games
Swing! Entertainment (GBC)
Designer(s) Alexey Pajitnov Platform(s) Windows, Game Boy Color Release date(s) Genre(s) Puzzle Mode(s) Single player Media/distribution CD-ROM System requirements
Windows 95/98/ME/XP, 486DX2 (66MHz) or higher, 8 MB RAM, 30 MB of available hard-disk space, Single-speed or faster CD-ROM drive, Super VGA display (800x600 resolution), Local or PCI-Bus SVGA; Display capable of 256 colors
Microsoft Entertainment Pack: The Puzzle Collection is a collection of 10 puzzle computer games developed by Mir - Dialogue and published by Microsoft Games. The creator of Tetris, Alexey Pajitnov, designed some of the games featured in the pack. It was released on CD-ROM for Windows 95. It was also bundled as part of the Microsoft Plus! Game Pack which was released after Windows Me.
Each game in the collection runs in a window using 256 colors. They use MIDI background music and digitized sound effects. Controls vary from game to game - each game uses either the keyboard or the mouse.
- Fringer - Untie all the knots in a stage before a knot is pushed to the bottom of the screen, at which point the game ends.
- Finty Flush - Fill a 4×4 grid with predetermined combinations of marbles before the screen fills up with too many marbles.
- Mixed Genetics - Breed mutated animals in groups of three to create pure animals.
- Rat Poker - Coloured rats enter and walk clockwise around a playing area. Rats will only exit if they line up in specific patterns such as three in a row of the same colour. The player lifts rats off the 'conveyor belt' onto rotating spokes, and then releases them again in the best order so that they will exit and the playing area is not overrun.
- Lineup - Various pentominoes composed of sports balls must be placed on the playing field to form a continuous row from one end to the other. When this is done, all shapes used to form the row will disappear. The game continues until the queue of shapes waiting to be placed fills up.
- Jewel Chase - Steal as much loot as possible before the other, computer-controlled robber does and get to the exit first or you lose. The playing area is a colour maze. At any time a robber occupies a square made up of up to 4 different colours. When the player selects an arrow-key, the robber will move to the nearest square if available in that direction that has a colour in common with the current square. The game can be played in a training mode which allows you to walk the 100 colour mazes collecting all gems without a time limit.
- Color Collision - Control a ray of light and hit sun-like discs of matching colour. Bonuses are scored for hitting discs when they are smiling, "turned on", or about to explode, etc. depending on the level.
- Charmer - Charm snakes to a vine to make their pots disappear, without letting the lids fall and create another pot.
- Spring Weekend - Arrange the garden critters into a certain pattern before your moves run out. The playing area is a hexagonal grid. By right-clicking or left-clicking on a hexagon position, all 6 adjacent hexagons will rotate clockwise or anti-clockwise respectively.
- Muddled Casino - Figure out how to move the cards off the table in the correct order to beat the house.
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Microsoft Entertainment Pack — Desarrolladora(s) Microsoft Distribuidora(s) Microsoft Game Studios Diseñador(es) Microsoft Plataforma(s) … Wikipedia Español
Microsoft Entertainment Pack — Pegged redirects here. For other uses, see Peg (disambiguation). Microsoft Entertainment Pack Developer(s) Microsoft Publisher(s) … Wikipedia
Best of Microsoft Entertainment Pack — Infobox VG title= Microsoft Entertainment Pack caption= developer= Microsoft publisher= Microsoft Home distributor= Microsoft designer= series= Entertainment Pack engine= version= released=1995 (Windows), 2001 (Game Boy Color) genre=Puzzle,… … Wikipedia
Microsoft Games — Microsoft Game Studios Pour les articles homonymes, voir MGS. Microsoft Game Studios … Wikipédia en Français
Microsoft Games Studios — Microsoft Game Studios Pour les articles homonymes, voir MGS. Microsoft Game Studios … Wikipédia en Français
Microsoft Plus! — Desarrollador Microsoft http://www.microsoft.com/Spain/Windows/plus/default2.htm Información general Última versión estable … Wikipedia Español
Microsoft Plus! — Тип Пакет дополнений для операционной системы Разработчик Microsoft Corporation Операционная система Windows Лицензия Проприетарная Сайт microsoft.com/windows/plus … Википедия
Microsoft Game Studios — Pour les articles homonymes, voir MGS. Microsoft Game Studios Site web www.microsoft.co … Wikipédia en Français
Microsoft Plus! — For the add on software for Windows Live Messenger, see Messenger Plus! Live. Microsoft Plus! Developer(s) Microsoft Corporation Operating system Windows Type Operating system enhancement package … Wikipedia
Microsoft Game Studios — (MGS), branded with current logo and moniker in 2002 (formerly the Microsoft Game Division or Microsoft Games), is a wholly owned subsidiary of Microsoft Corp. which develops and publishes video games for Windows based PCs and the Xbox and Xbox… … Wikipedia